talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City Academy Coach In Trouble for Alleged Racial Slur

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Racism is also systemic, terms like BBQ add to stereotypes that have been long held by communities, businesses and governments. Profiling like "white men cant jump" is not systemic and nor does it have a slavery based and/or genocidal past. What aboutisms just tries to avoid the history of racism and attempts to bring a level of equality to the discrimination at hand that doesn't exist, simply to allow racism to exist.

I realise you weren't arguing that the term white men cant jump is equal to stereotypes like "BBQ" by the way.

Big black and quick isn't racism for me.  Its stereotyping. Just as White men can't jump.

Typically, the one to perceive it makes the judgement on it, hence me saying regardless of his intent, it was naive to think others wouldn't have perceived it differently. Which is why you should avoid that mix up and never use it in a professional setting. 

I also don't buy into systematic racism in today's society. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/08/2018 at 11:04, Marc said:

This forum certainly didn't batter anyone away in terms of quality. Far too many trolls on here.

The majority of the people that have posted in this topic fail to understand how what the man City academy has done (racial stereotyping) is racist. It's really concerning.

Talk about your post counts all you want, but when not just a few individuals but what seems like the majority of people brush racism under the carpet and just refer to those that disagree as snowflakes it's concerning to me.

I won't be the only person thinking this.

The irony of the bolded bit.

On 22/08/2018 at 07:45, The Palace Fan said:

This forum absolutely battered all other competition in terms of post count and quality throughout the entirety of the summer. It's also trebled this year in terms of volume and traffic to the place. It's going to grow year on year largely thanks to a core group of members that have been happy to donate their cash and will be here for years on end. This place is getting better, and will continue to do that.

What it doesn't benefit from is people like yourself who, when they feel like it, produce some sort of split persona and ramble on about agendas that dont exist. It is boring as fuck. This forum is not the 'lowest of the low', if you think that by all means then leave.  

I have my nitpicks but this forum is a great place. I have no doubt it will get better with time. Keep up the good work.

As for the second bit I agree as well. @Marc the fact you keep on saying "there is too many trolls on here" yet post every single day just shows what a sad case you are. You'd be wise to leave this forum because you're really only here to appease to your puppet Teso and its gotten extremely tedious having to scroll through your god awful drivel and agendas against certain people just because you don't agree with them, or have different views as them. 

I have moaned to the staff many times about being unfair and targetting me and I am also guilty in giving people a taste of their own medicine but that doesn't mean I will come out and say this forum is awful and it's not progressing because of some inane agenda like yours. This is a great community and I say that as a very polarizing figure myself. I'm not letting my nitpicks blur my vision.

22 minutes ago, Blue said:

I have my nitpicks but this forum is a great place. I have no doubt it will get better with time. Keep up the good work.

As for the second bit I agree as well. @Marc the fact you keep on saying "there is too many trolls on here" yet post every single day just shows what a sad case you are. You'd be wise to leave this forum because you're really only here to appease to your puppet Teso and its gotten extremely tedious having to scroll through your god awful drivel and agendas against certain people just because you don't agree with them, or have different views as them. 

I have moaned to the staff many times about being unfair and targetting me and I am also guilty in giving people a taste of their own medicine but that doesn't mean I will come out and say this forum is awful and it's not progressing because of some inane agenda like yours. This is a great community and I say that as a very polarizing figure myself. I'm not letting my nitpicks blur my vision.

@Teso dos Bichos is not my puppet I’m his puppet.

is nitpick the new idiom of the month that you’ve learnt? I hope to see it used in your book. 

i don’t really know what you’re in about blue. I’m not a troll and I don’t have an agenda. I’m just calling out people that are brushing racial slurs under the carpet. I’m a valued member of the community, hence my place in the ‘hall of fame’ you in it yet? Do the mods have an #agenda against you?

5 hours ago, Marc said:

I’m a valued member of the community

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, AMG said:

There are far too many trolls out here.

And we're all one of them. Sensible grown mature men dont waste time on the internet arguing about football.

This is bollocks too. We're allowed to have debate no? Talking about football doesn't make me a troll ffs xD

1 hour ago, Blue said:

This is bollocks too. We're allowed to have debate no? Talking about football doesn't make me a troll ffs xD

"Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument "

Never done this? :35_thinking:

32 minutes ago, AMG said:

"Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument "

Never done this? :35_thinking:

You've proved my own point with this xD

"delibarate controversial comment" that isn't random football arguments mate. Me saying Africa is a country and Salah is from there and not Egypt is trolling, not anything else we do.

17 hours ago, Blue said:

You've proved my own point with this xD

"delibarate controversial comment" that isn't random football arguments mate. Me saying Africa is a country and Salah is from there and not Egypt is trolling, not anything else we do.

My point is 

Banter = trolling

Trolling is not per-se a bad word.

15 minutes ago, AMG said:

My point is 

Banter = trolling

I think the assumption is that definition has shifted largely thanks to the gorms on platforms such as Twitter.

Trolling is perceived as an act designed to (at low level) irritate others. Some of the trolling out there on celebrities for example is quite frankly outrageous. For example, Rebekkah Vardy received messages from people threatening to rape her kid. Stuff like that is just fucked up. As is the person who started a rumour about Bobby Madley shagging a dog.

In relation to this forum, the use of the negative reputation function for example was being abused on this forum to irritate people and therefore it was removed. Thankfully, the people that do 'troll' here don't spend the entirety of their time doing it and for the majority of the time do contribute to the forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
8 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

The funny thing about this is if you do a DNA test you will find we are ALL mixed race xD  ..my skin colour is white as they come but i am 27% BBQ B|

And at times I bet you're 100% BBC... 

On 26/08/2018 at 03:33, AMG said:

My point is 

Banter = trolling

On 26/08/2018 at 03:48, The Palace Fan said:

I think the assumption is that definition has shifted largely thanks to the gorms on platforms such as Twitter.

Trolling is perceived as an act designed to (at low level) irritate others. Some of the trolling out there on celebrities for example is quite frankly outrageous. For example, Rebekkah Vardy received messages from people threatening to rape her kid. Stuff like that is just fucked up. As is the person who started a rumour about Bobby Madley shagging a dog.

In relation to this forum, the use of the negative reputation function for example was being abused on this forum to irritate people and therefore it was removed. Thankfully, the people that do 'troll' here don't spend the entirety of their time doing it and for the majority of the time do contribute to the forum.

Trolling is not equable to banter. 'Trolling' is and always has been using information to harm other people, or start inflammatory incidents. Trolling would be if Person X convinced a naive Person Y that to remove their computer virus is to 'delete system 32'.

Trolls on this forum? Not really, I haven't seen any particular incidents of people intentionally giving bad advice, or posting egregious content for the sake of causing other people to argue. There is an astronomical amount of fishing and baiting but that comes with the territory of a smallish community where all the members are relatively close.

There are a lot of self-righteous cunts though.

I'd like to add; there are other stereotypes like 'BBQ' that probably don't elicit negative connotations from people. Spanish footballers being 'technical petite magicians', Brazilian footallers 'peak young, and rely on dribbling flair',  Germans are 'robotic football machines', and Italians 'dive, cheat, and only defend'. Of course any ethnicity can have Spanish, Italian, or Brazilian nationality; but they are also independent ethnic groups as well. 

Ethnic, racial, and national stereotyping exist on nearly all levels of society but we are conditioned to be more sensitive towards minorities. Whether it's a bad thing or not, I'm far more likely to get a a negative response if I sit in Trafalgar Square and scream 'Fuck Pakis' over 'Fuck Limeys' or 'Fuck the Mics'. Not that it's a competition or anything like that.

Archived