talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Saturday 18th August - Cardiff 0-0 Newcastle

football forum

On 15/08/2018 at 14:46, RandoEFC said:

Classic game to fulfil the quota of games for two teams that no neutral wants to watch in one go.

Except me, I'll still watch.

Could be a relegation six pointer this. I'd rather watch these two than, for example, City giving Huddersfield a thorough seeing to.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Bad enough that Pawson is anywhere near a Premier League game after last weekend but he goes and sends another player off. Co commentator summed it up better than I could last week. If he shows a yellow card for that then nobody is kicking it off saying it should have been a red. He's shown a red and it will be debated over the next few days. Common sense dictates that that's enough to tell you a yellow is fine.

If someone could point me to this year's rule change where referees are now encouraged to dish out red cards whenever they've got the slightest excuse to do so that would be great.

Hopefully Pawson doesn't get confused this time about whether it was for violent conduct or whether it was for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity xD.

• Subscriber

Hadn't seen this earlier. Right in front of him and not even a yellow but Hayden gets a red for a clumsy tackle from behind xD.

Absolutely nailed on he's refereeing another Premier League game next week though.

• Subscriber

Penalty Newcastle. Handball, may have been outside the area but Pawson gives no shits and sees another opportunity to get the camera on him and points to the spot.

Kenedy sees his penalty saved. Two penalties saved in two games for Etheridge.

Full time 0-0.

Replays show the penalty from Kenedy was shite.

Too many stinkers and too poor a discipline. 

I said it last year and I'll say it again, Javier Manquillo is the most out of his depth footballer I have seen in my life. If he didn't get injured he would have got a 2nd yellow.

Joselu brings nothing. We knew that last year.  

2nd half we were poor until we went down to 10 men then we were the better team which is hilarious. How the fuck does that happen? It shows how dysfunctional we are.

Diame is losing form and what have we got to replace him? Worrying in my books.

Disappointed in fairness. If we had that bit of quality up front, we would have won that as I thought we were the better team today.

I'll have to watch the pen decision again as it looked a tad harsh. Thankfully Etheridge makes it two in two for pen saves.

At least this gives me some belief that we'll go down fighting.

• The title was changed to Saturday 18th August - Cardiff 0-0 Newcastle
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived