Tottenham vs Fulham
West Ham vs Bournemouth

Sunday 19th August, 2018
Burnley vs Watford, 13.30

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Strangely similar to last season where we kicked the season off on the Friday away at a top six side, before then playing at home to a newly promoted side the week after. We've repeated our one goal loss on the opening day so lets hope for a repeat of the comfortable win we had at this point last year.

Saying that, I can't imagine Wolves rolling over as easily as Brighton did. I may be wrong but Brighton looked almost flattered to be there. They obviously grew right into the season and survived with comfort but they were bad. I don't think Wolves will be quite as easy, although I'll say this - we are the favourites and people should consider us to be. Wolves I'm a bit torn on. I like the fact they're upsetting some of those who seem to love a status quo, without even having to really do anything. On the flip side I think there's been some people getting seriously carried away about them. They haven't achieved a single thing under Nuno that we didn't under Pearson.

2-0 or 2-1 to Leicester but I'll be bullish and say 2-0. It won't be easy but I was encouraged by parts of our performance last week and I'd like to think Evans will be in for this.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Coleman given the armband over Baines. Fans have been crying out all summer for Coleman to take the captaincy over from Jagielka. Looks like Silva agrees.

Where's Digne? Has he been brought in as backup to Baines?

• Subscriber

A really good half from us. Southampton still look like they have a goal in them, Ings looks sharp and the most likely. We could do with the third goal to kill the game off because we've dominated but it would be classic Everton to concede a stupid goal and gift the momentum to Southampton.

Hopefully one of their players gets sent off second half for the repeated attempts to injure Richarlison. To this referee's credit he can at least be arsed to book Southampton's lot this week which is more than Mawson managed at Wolves last week.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

A really good half from us. Southampton still look like they have a goal in them, Ings looks sharp and the most likely. We could do with the third goal to kill the game off because we've dominated but it would be classic Everton to concede a stupid goal and gift the momentum to Southampton.

Hopefully one of their players gets sent off second half for the repeated attempts to injure Richarlison. To this referee's credit he can at least be arsed to book Southampton's lot this week which is more than Mawson managed at Wolves last week.

Mawson and Kevin Friend are the worst fucking refs.

• Subscriber

Richarlison at 21 will surely have dips throughout the season but it's a good job he's managed to have a good spell out of the blocks. One or two more good games and the same pundits crying about his price tag will be linking him with a £70m move to Barcelona every window. Shithouses.

Confirmed that Digne is out with a slight injury today but should return for Bournemouth next week.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Richarlison at 21 will surely have dips throughout the season but it's a good job he's managed to have a good spell out of the blocks. One or two more good games and the same pundits crying about his price tag will be linking him with a £70m move to Barcelona every window. Shithouses.

Confirmed that Digne is out with a slight injury today but should return for Bournemouth next week.

Stop ruining the transfer market. :(

• The topic was unpinned

Archived