• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 18th - Sunday 19th August, 2018

football forum

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

That'll be three games for Vardy including the Liverpool game. 

Interested in the West Ham reaction. Pretty dismal start for them. While it's only two games, I can't imagine it'll take long for things to get toxic again down there. They couldn't afford to lose at home to Bournemouth when their next eight games are:

Screenshot_20180818-171511.thumb.png.5c8a3a09327978fef1e5790351fcbfa6.png

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Vardy being the absolute gobshite he is as per, Leicester fans will still defend him though and hand out face masks next home game to show support. 

West Ham, just :banana:

We're not Liverpool so you can fuck off mate. 

Got no complaints about it. Flew in recklessly despite getting the ball. Don't blame Dean for showing the red. 

Regarding the rest of the game, Wolves were all over us for first 20ish minutes. Could have been 2 or 3 down before we scored. Surprised we didn't concede with them hitting the bar and post.

Own goal changed the rest of the half in our favour and we picked up the momentum and controlled the rest of that half. Traore made a difference for them as a half time sub but same issue he had at Boro - all skill and good at taking on players but end product was shite. 

Maddison and Mendy our best players. The former for his creative aspect and calmness on the ball. The latter for his tenacity and tackling. Bit of shock when Mendy was named in the starting eleven but he proved a lot of doubters wrong for now. 

Remarkable similarity to last season where we played on Friday night to start the season, lose by a goal, win our next game by 2-0 to a newly-promoted side. 

Clean sheet and 3 points is good but losing Vardy for the next 3 games will be a big miss. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

Cannabis gobbing off about us as per. Have you ever seen such bitterness? All is forgiven Teso xD

shocked that Roversgirl chimed in as well xD 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

shocked that Roversgirl chimed in as well xD 

Yeah never seen that one coming hahaha. Took us a whole two games. We'll aim for one next season.

Well chuffed with that result. Reality check for Wolves. I'll admit we were lucky with both goals but shit happens. I think Wolves were decent in patches but it's a lot more unforgiving than the Championship. I maintain we'll come above them but they'll survive with ease.

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

Plus side regarding Vardy is one of the three games is Fleetwood.

Maddison and Ricardo are cracking players.

I thought this too but apparently it's same competition only now that he gets banned for so he'll miss Southampton, Liverpool and Bournemouth. Means he won't play again for us til 22nd Sept.

• Administrator

Burnley lost today after their Europa League match on Thursday. Usually strong at home but shipped 3 today vs Watford, who have started the season well. 

Their games after Europa League Thursday matches...

Fulham (26th Aug, away)
Man Utd (2nd Sept, home)

And if they qualify for groups:
Bournemouth (23rd Sept, home)
Huddersfield (7th Oct, home)
Chelsea (28th Oct, home)
Leicester (11th Nov, away)
Crystal Palace (2nd Dec, away)
Spurs (16th Dec, away)

Just me that can only see them getting about 2 or 3 points from those games? Well aware this could bite me firmly on the backside and be a contender for 'that did not age well' but their European exploits, with a thin squad, could affect their league form quite a lot. Especially if they have to travel to the arse end of Europe in shitty conditions (they should be used to it given they play at Turf Moor, however). 

Obviously this could go out the window if they get knocked out vs Olympiakos...

• Subscriber

I thought they'd go out to Basaksehir but now they haven't I kind of fancy them to do Olympiakos too. Watford are a very weird side, they're capable of pulling really impressive results out of the bag, did not see that one coming earlier.

Just as I'd thought to myself Hart might've made the right move to rebuild his career he's apparently gone and dropped another clanger xD

• The topic was unpinned

Ive been impressed with Everton's start to the season. Given all the uncertainty about the Manager going forward a couple of months back and a dismal pre season, I didn't expect them to look as organised and play with the fluidity they have. It's important to consider this is a completely different style of football too that's been encouraged. There fixtures look pretty rosey for the first eight or so games so I will wait until the end of November to make an assessment on where this team is really at.

Leicester are another one that, even though they lost their first game, I have been impressed with. They're adapting to a new style and could have easily bought in to this Wolves media hype, but they did hold their own and got a point they deserved.

Whilst the Harry Kane love in has been pretty cringe, the way this Tottenham team have just got on with things after little to no holiday break after the World Cup reallt has put a lot of conditioning experts to shame. As for Fulham, i can definitely see them being a second half of the season team, and i hope they dont push the panic button on Jokanovic.

Bournemouth's problem is usually there inconsistency so they should be delighted they've beaten two teams they'd usually get 3/4 points off given the fine point margins at the end of the season. West Ham however look absolutely shite, and Pellegrini is lucky that for whatever reason the media are more focused on an Unai Emery who has lost to two top teams.

Watford are somewhat sliding under the radar so far. They've comfortably beaten two teams well-known for being defensively solid. I don't think our game next week will be the formality some are hopeing for.

Archived