Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea
Chelsea 0-0 Arsenal
Arsenal 2-2 Chelsea
Chelsea 0-0 Arsenal
Arsenal (p)1-1 Chelsea

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very excited for this game, not sure how both teams will do. We won comfortably against Huddersfield while Arsenal played the title contenders City. Our recent record against Arsenal isn't impressive we haven't won in the last six including all competitions. However four games ended in a draw (not including pens). I am hoping for a narrow home win.

1-0 for the Mighty Blues. 

Morata more than anyone needs a goal or a good performance from us. 

Biggest issue under Conte against Arsenal, was the midfield. We couldn't control it whilst having Bakayoko, Cesc, and Kante. To which this is understandable. 

Morata

Hazard-------------Pedro

Barkley----Kante

Jorginho

Alonso---Luiz---Rudiger---Dave

Kepa 

We need something from this. No points out of six would be depressing. xD

52 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Morata more than anyone needs a goal or a good performance from us. 

Biggest issue under Conte against Arsenal, was the midfield. We couldn't control it whilst having Bakayoko, Cesc, and Kante. To which this is understandable. 

Morata

Hazard-------------Pedro

Barkley----Kante

Jorginho

Alonso---Luiz---Rudiger---Dave

Kepa 

No Kovacic?

17 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

We need something from this. No points out of six would be depressing. xD

No Kovacic?

Needs to be bled in. However given Kepa just slotted right in after being signed, I wouldn't be surprised. Sarri seems to have a liking to Barkley. 

Going to be an interesting match... We had the better of the chances in that daft pre-season cup thing only couldn't put them away and Arsenal had a much better attacking second half and got themselves level so a draw from this seems likely... If we can put away anything we create Arsenal have shown a bit of a defensive weakness but then everyone would have the same weakness playing City to be fair.. 

Just basing it on what I have seen so far I am hoping we will edge this with a stronger squad out.. Just got to make sure we take our chances when they come

Not really sure with this one, but would happily take anything here. Interesting to see what Emery does here but I do fully expect Torreira to start. Can see him going with Lacazette as well. With our distinct lack of wide men I do think it's time to try the 4-1-2-1-2/4-3-1-2.

Cech

Bellerin - Mustafi - Sokratis - Monreal

Xhaka

Ramsey - Torreira

Ozil

Lacazette - Aubameyamg

• Administrator
Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

You opened a thread about it.

hmm. I'm not sure that's what was specifically said (correct me if wrong!) but it may have been more the fact that derbies 'somehow' are played on same day i.e. Merseyside derbies and Manchester derbies on the same weekend happens far too frequently for it to be a coincidence, usually around March/April time where it could have a bearing on the title/top 4 finish etc...

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

hmm. I'm not sure that's what was specifically said (correct me if wrong!) but it may have been more the fact that derbies 'somehow' are played on same day i.e. Merseyside derbies and Manchester derbies on the same weekend happens far too frequently for it to be a coincidence, usually around March/April time where it could have a bearing on the title/top 4 finish etc...

Found it

On 08/05/2018 at 18:29, Stan said:

Your thoughts? Traditional top 6 don't meet on purpose as the fixtures are engineered to prevent this. 

Is this fair? Would it make it more competitive if this prevention was lifted? 

Are big clubs getting preferential treatment (on this matter and in general)? 

• Administrator
Just now, Devon Von Devon said:

Found it

so that was Jim White, not me xD Clearly he was chatting bollocks as usual. Unless he thinks Arsenal aren't top 6 material any more because they've played Man City and now Chelsea...

4 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Aiding in spreading false information is a crime especially considering he holds an administrators post 

What I don't understand is how he managed to attribute that comment to Jim White's social media account. Pretty astute to be honest.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

what I don't understand is how @SirBalon, of a moderator position, would not back a fellow staff member but instead intends to kick a man when he's down on his knees. Shows his true character.

down on his knees ................. then slowly had him bend over.  preparing the ................. oooopppss  :P   :P 

too bad for Emery, having two massive tests with city and chelsea on consecutive weeks.   i hope arsenal wins.

2 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Aiding in spreading false information is a crime especially considering he holds an administrators post 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

what I don't understand is how @SirBalon, of a moderator position, would not back a fellow staff member but instead intends to kick a man when he's down on his knees. Shows his true character.

So is Collusion to cover up said crime... aiding and abetting 

Well Stan???? 

Image result for dredd the sentence is death gifs

21 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Rumours of Elneny starting is being suggested. If that's the case congratulations on your win Chelsea. xD

We’re carrying a lot of dross mate. This is a longterm reconstruction we need to live with.

But the major problem in all of this is that no coach will get the reverence that Wenger had and we may fall into the trap of sacking coaches from now on which stunts progression.

Hopefully Emery gets a run of results but there is also a problem with that because it would make it seem that our squad actually does have the necessary ingredients to carry on without restructure. 

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We’re carrying a lot of dross mate. This is a longterm reconstruction we need to live with.

But the major problem in all of this is that no coach will get the reverence that Wenger had and we may fall into the trap of sacking coaches from now on which stunts progression.

Hopefully Emery gets a run of results but there is also a problem with that because it would make it seem that our squad actually does have the necessary ingredients to carry on without restructure. 

Indeed mate, keeping Wenger for another season was absolutely disastrous for the squad. Just going to have to be patient.

• The title was changed to Saturday 18th August - Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived