talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 19th August - Brighton 3-2 Man Utd

football forum

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I can't see anything but a United win here. Even if the history states otherwise. Jose and the players will be looking to set the rhythm early and dominate the match.

When being wrong feels so good.

I watched the interview with Jose after the match and found it odd that he was trying to get the interviewer to ask him the questions he wanted them to ask him but I guess after being the scapegoat for so long there really is no recourse but to try and change things in your favor. Sadly they didn't give him what he wanted just like the board, the fans, the players or anyone else associated with the footballing part of his life. The clock is ticking and the replacement is probably the most interesting thing to watch out for now. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

hahahahahhahahahaha

but seriously though, why are we putting most of the blame on Jose ??    the players should be equally or more than guilty than the manager.

Because the football is appalling? He's only just the manager is all 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

hahahahahhahahahaha

but seriously though, why are we putting most of the blame on Jose ??    the players should be equally or more than guilty than the manager.

the players get the blame from the media and Jose anyway. But Jose is a moaning, whinging, miserable git. He's so arrogant that he can never accept he could be the problem, or at least part of it. Why should the players be more guilty than him in this scenario? He plays negative brand of football (clearly the players don't like this and he is restricting them). He slanders and criticises players unnecessarily even if said player wasn't the worst on the side (look at the treatment Shaw got last season). He can be rude to the media when questions are posed to him. His tactics aren't anything special.

People can go on about how he may have won several trophies in the past but in the present, right now, he's severely underwhelming given the status of the club he's at. He's almost like poison there; things just seem a bit toxic with him (for example his relationship with the board seems a bit fractious at the moment) Utd could win a match and he still wouldn't be happy. He's not as likeable as he used to be and I've said this since his 2nd stint at Chelsea - when he first came on the scene in the early 00s he had this coolness and acceptable level of cockiness about him. Nowadays it's frankly annoying and disruptive because he never appears to take responsibility for things that go wrong. I can't remember at any point last season where in a post-match interview, after a loss, he's held his hands up and said 'my fault, don't blame the players, I'll take this one'. Hence why he gets the blame by some fans these days because we see what he clearly doesn't or clearly refuses to believe.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

the players get the blame from the media and Jose anyway. But Jose is a moaning, whinging, miserable git. He's so arrogant that he can never accept he could be the problem, or at least part of it. Why should the players be more guilty than him in this scenario? He plays negative brand of football (clearly the players don't like this and he is restricting them). He slanders and criticises players unnecessarily even if said player wasn't the worst on the side (look at the treatment Shaw got last season). He can be rude to the media when questions are posed to him. His tactics aren't anything special.

People can go on about how he may have won several trophies in the past but in the present, right now, he's severely underwhelming given the status of the club he's at. He's almost like poison there; things just seem a bit toxic with him (for example his relationship with the board seems a bit fractious at the moment) Utd could win a match and he still wouldn't be happy. He's not as likeable as he used to be and I've said this since his 2nd stint at Chelsea - when he first came on the scene in the early 00s he had this coolness and acceptable level of cockiness about him. Nowadays it's frankly annoying and disruptive because he never appears to take responsibility for things that go wrong. I can't remember at any point last season where in a post-match interview, after a loss, he's held his hands up and said 'my fault, don't blame the players, I'll take this one'. Hence why he gets the blame by some fans these days because we see what he clearly doesn't or clearly refuses to believe.

i must admit the aura the Jose now emits is that of negativity.

but can anyone educate me on NEGATIVE BRAND OF FOOTBALL.     What does that mean ??   Too defensive ???  Park the Bus ??

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

but can anyone educate me on NEGATIVE BRAND OF FOOTBALL.     What does that mean ??   Too defensive ???  Park the Bus ??

yep. Sometimes unnecessarily so. United used to be the team you'd fear, especially going to Old Trafford. Teams like Man City and Liverpool have taken that mantle. 

Now teams aren't scared of them any more. They've lost their bite and aggression (granted this was pre-Jose as well). Many sides are happy to take them on and chance their arm at getting a result. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/ethics-everyone/201802/whats-wrong-negative-soccer

This part in particular

"it involves an entire team giving up on the pursuit of excellence. Parking the bus, getting stuck in, and taking no risks eliminates or greatly reduces a lot of what is beautiful about the sport. Players and teams are inhibited from freely expressing their creativity."

While this isn't always the right description of negativity it has become a philosophy for some to play a more shut-down game which obviously doesn't garner any love from fans of the 'beautiful game' who want to watch free-flowing attacking football. It does come with desirable results when teams want to grind out results after taking an early lead and while that tends to be the most pragmatic thing to do its funny that the same thing doesn't apply to teams in the final part of games trying to wind down the clock (this one always confuses me and tbh it pisses me off too).

Its also very subjective from all my time of reading people post about it because it seems to be something that applies only to specific individuals and teams versus the gen-pop that does the same.

16 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/ethics-everyone/201802/whats-wrong-negative-soccer

This part in particular

"it involves an entire team giving up on the pursuit of excellence. Parking the bus, getting stuck in, and taking no risks eliminates or greatly reduces a lot of what is beautiful about the sport. Players and teams are inhibited from freely expressing their creativity."

While this isn't always the right description of negativity it has become a philosophy for some to play a more shut-down game which obviously doesn't garner any love from fans of the 'beautiful game' who want to watch free-flowing attacking football. It does come with desirable results when teams want to grind out results after taking an early lead and while that tends to be the most pragmatic thing to do its funny that the same thing doesn't apply to teams in the final part of games trying to wind down the clock (this one always confuses me and tbh it pisses me off too).

Its also very subjective from all my time of reading people post about it because it seems to be something that applies only to specific individuals and teams versus the gen-pop that does the same.

FANTASTIC!!!

35 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

This part in particular

i see.  just as i suspected.    thanks.

for me though, parking the bus has it's advantages only during the knock-out stages of a two-legged tie.   it can be very effective especially if you already have a goal.   but for us, the fans, our perspective on that would be too boring.   but whatever means necessary to win, ti's fine by me.

but as for a weekend league match, i guess the best approach would be to go on full attack.   be creative.  take risks.  but be stable at the back.   this can make your team exciting thus making your fans happy.  and it can also   make your players anxious all of the time.

52 minutes ago, Stan said:

yep. Sometimes unnecessarily so. United used to be the team you'd fear, especially going to Old Trafford. Teams like Man City and Liverpool have taken that mantle. 

Now teams aren't scared of them any more. They've lost their bite and aggression (granted this was pre-Jose as well). Many sides are happy to take them on and chance their arm at getting a result. 

yeah.   i agree that United has lost their Fear Factor.    They've now become generic.

One of my friends I was with in london on Sunday won twelve hundred on betting Lukaku header and Brighton to score a penalty. Jammy fuck.

I think Brighton deserve a lot of credit here. They looked well off the pace against Watford and then against United they played with a high intensity and were constantly closing United down. Smart tactic given the psychological doubts Mourinho's defenders will have with his constant moaning about needing more quality in defence.

An interesting article I read about Manchester United after this loss, it reversed they are at their highest ever on the stock exchange and revenue has never been better. With that in mind, would they sack Mourinho? It was borderline moronic not to back him given how good Manchester City were last season, moronic to the point where you think revenue is more important than results. With everything rosey in that department, why sack the Manager?

Archived