• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Monday 20th August - Crystal Palace 0-2 Liverpool

football forum

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Palace Fan said:

If Zaha had Salah's attitude we would have had a penalty then.

Tbf you've got Benteke, and one of the only things I can remember him doing in a Liverpool shirt well was making a meal from being grazed to win fouls.

The refs been giving FKs for minor contacts and trips all over the pitch, so I don't get this faux outrage that Salah didn't have the saint-like mercy to continue to play on in a futile situation when Sakho had committed two fouls on him inside the box.

The only issue is that refs are weak and don't give fouls in the box unless players go down, which essentially shifts the main burden of the decision onto the attacking player when actually, whether the attacking player goes down or plays on or not, they should be blowing for the penalty.

• Administrator

Good decision by Oliver, that. Obviously going at speed and with the way the ball went from his angle, some might have been mistaken that he got a touch on the ball. Don't think refs get enough credit when the game is played so quickly with players like Wan-Bissaka and Salah at full pelt.

• Administrator

Having watched the (slow-motion) replay, Salah loses control of the ball before the contact is made. Begging the question did it really deny a 'clear, goalscoring opportunity'?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Good decision by Oliver, that. Obviously going at speed and with the way the ball went from his angle, some might have been mistaken that he got a touch on the ball. Don't think refs get enough credit when the game is played so quickly with players like Wan-Bissaka and Salah at full pelt.

Yeah I think it was the right decision... yet even though it's the law of the game, I still feel as though it's harsh on Palace and Wan-Bissaka. Well I do until I remember that it's us who's playing them. Should help us hang on.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Having watched the (slow-motion) replay, Salah loses control of the ball before the contact is made. Begging the question did it really deny a 'clear, goalscoring opportunity'?

And the fact he's gone down dramatically again.

He did this last year at Selhurst too. The blokes an absolute fraud. 

• The title was changed to Monday 20th August - Crystal Palace 0-2 Liverpool
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived