The better place to talk football.

Monday 20th August - Crystal Palace 0-2 Liverpool

football forum

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Salah lost control of the ball but no one can surely say he's dived there?xD The lad has had two goes at him again there

who said he dived?

Palace have done really well tonight to keep Liverpool down to one penalty.... defended well and can consider themselves unlucky not to have been on the score sheet themselves.. 

It's games like this where Liverpool have in the past dropped points or even gone on to lose the game so with them not playing at their best tonight they still had a enough to carve out the result...

Just now, Inverted said:

James McArthur can fuck off with this only playing well for his club shite. If he's not gonna be spinning this Albanian midfield next month and playing back heel through balls he can just stay home.

He’s basically Raheem Sterling.

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

James McArthur can fuck off with this only playing well for his club shite. If he's not gonna be spinning this Albanian midfield next month and playing back heel through balls he can just stay home.

To be fair, when Barry Bannan's being picked over you it must be hard to have any sort of motivation.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Alright then, gone down dramatically or softly

It's the curse of the modern game... he is not the only one that has or will do it... seems the more dramatic the roll or fall the more chance of convincing the ref there was a foul worthy of a free kick or penalty.. 

Funny seeing people go from "diving is bad" to "hope the diver scores now to rattle people even more". Won't be much criticism from pundits or the press, diving panel won't do anything either. As the old saying goes, "There's different rules for Liverpool".

• The title was changed to Monday 20th August - Crystal Palace 0-2 Liverpool
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Funny seeing people go from "diving is bad" to "hope the diver scores now to rattle people even more". Won't be much criticism from pundits or the press, diving panel won't do anything either. As the old saying goes, "There's different rules for Liverpool".

probably cos it wasn't a dive?

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Fair play to Mane for staying on his feet.

He wants the golden boot and knows he doesn't take the penalties :ph34r:

Yay no heart attack ending for me. And a pretty good result.

I feel for @The Palace Fan, your side played very well. I don't think the referee got either decision wrong... and if you want foreign refs in, and they end up coming in from Spain or Italy, I think you'll find much softer fouls and pens given based off players going down and making a meal out of it... but I do understand being pissed off at a player that was at the centre of 2 contentious decisions that ultimately ended up really fucking your club over.

I thought Palace look good though. If they play like that against the other top sides in the league, I think they'll be a side that ends up taking quite a few more points than clubs are expecting to Palace. And I think plenty of bottom half sides will be outclassed by them.

But from our point of view that was great. I think we played okay, not particularly bad... nor particularly good - and we're going home with 3 points and a clean sheet.

Benteke is still shite, but Palace have got quite a talent at RB. Also, Sakho still looks clumsy as fuck but still is effective as fuck. Thought he had a good fame apart from the penalty. 

Good win for us. That's Palace away done. Can totally see them sneaking into top 6-8.

• Subscriber

Good win for Liverpool because Palace is never an easy place to go - and think they're going to be a top 10 side this season, so getting a win there early on is important, particularly with us, Chelsea and City all winning too.

Was incredibly impressed by Robertson. Everyone on here praising Wan-Bissaka but for me the best full back on the pitch was Robertson. Love his effort, love how good he is on the ball. He's a superb outlet on the left and has great quality. Still got to work on his positioning but seems to be getting better and better and he's a real asset.

I do worry about Firmino in games like this though. He has absolutely zero presence up front and it holds him back from being amongst Aguero and Kane, even Vardy. When the game is really tight and there's not much room to work in, I think he gets lost. He can get bullied in the box and really didn't contribute anything tonight - and I thought he was poor against West Ham too.

On the whole though impressive win - Alisson very composed, some great balls out with his feet and crucial saves when it mattered. Van Dijk excellent as ever against this sort of side. Benteke didn't have a sniff in the air and you saw him setting up the second there just dominating the box. Liverpool need him to do this all season to stand a chance. 

For Palace - think they're a good side, but you do have to worry about where the goals are coming from as usual. If Zaha doesn't get chances you do have to wonder because Benteke has no hope and Sorloth isn't a goalscorer at this level either imo. Perhaps Ayew will contribute something if he gets a run. 

3 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Sort yourself out ffs xD

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It's the curse of the modern game... he is not the only one that has or will do it... seems the more dramatic the roll or fall the more chance of convincing the ref there was a foul worthy of a free kick or penalty.. 

I don't see how he's done that for the red card incident. He's clearly fouled. Whether it should have been a red because he's lost control of the ball is another matter.

53 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Did he Dive? Feller on the radio said he was looking for it n was on the way down when he was touched?

Hope Sky show it again before the end of the game, only just got home.

Well Salah got the decision and it led to Liverpool winning the game so at least he improves us.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived