• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2018/19 - Matchday 1 - 24-26th August, 2018

football forum

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

1-1 FT, hoped for a win before the match started, but it's a fair result in the end. 

Pizarro had more chances in 20 minutes after coming on than all the rest of our attacking players together throughout the whole match xD which speaks both for his quality AND the fact that we really need a proper forward upfront... 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Relling said:

Entertaining first half. Havertz was phenomenal. Maybe the 6/8 will prove to be his position.

Yeah he's been great... So is Brandt, such an amazing player. Easily my favourite non-Werder player in the whole league, a joy to watch.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah he's been great... So is Brandt, such an amazing player. Easily my favourite non-Werder player in the whole league, a joy to watch.

My favorite too. I just hope that he can find some more stability and take the next step. Annoying for you guys to let him slip. In interviews he seems to pretty much have been a Werder fan as a kid and going elsewhere because the interest was not wholehearted.   

• Subscriber
Just now, Relling said:

My favorite too. I just hope that he can find some more stability and take the next step. Annoying for you guys to let him slip. In interviews he seems to pretty much have been a Werder fan as a kid and going elsewhere because the interest was not wholehearted.   

I'm sure he will, he's only 22 but has developed so well already, and seems to have a good head on his shoulders too... It was good for him to stay in Leverkusen for longer instead of joining Bayern at this point.

And yes, I'm gutted we didn't recognise his talent and sign him when we could :( He's still a Werder fan to some degree and still watches our matches, haha. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Here we go again. Another season of dross.

Still the best start of the season since 2013 :ph34r:

Seriously though, I don't find this to be an awful start and don't think this indicates a bad season. Hannover have been strong in the pre-season and are well organised defensively, this was never going to be an easy match. Klaassen and Osako need more time to gel and fit into our tactics, that was very obvious yesterday, but there have been some promising combinations, we just need to finish them better and become more effective in front of the goal (sort of an old problem for us...). Which  is obviously easier when we have a proper forward playing upfront, as now we mostly combine well but have no one to play the ball to in the opposition box.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived