• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Quote

City Watch understands Kevin De Bruyne sustained a serious injury in training today that could see him sidelined for 3 months. The full extent is unknown but it has been described to us as similar to the one he picked up against Everton in 2016.
 

Unlucky for him and City. Hope for Liverpool? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's bad news. He's one of the most exciting players in the league, never is good when he's down with another knee injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't want see serious injuries to any players no matter who they play for.   Hopefully it's not too serious.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

City shouldn't worry given they have such a piss easy start. KDB should be back to full fitness with City not even dropping any points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Great news for Man Utd. 

Maybe if we lose another 9 first team players xD   ...Bernardo Silva or Mahrez will fill in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just read his feature on BBC as well. Sad to hear as he's a great player to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never nice to hear of any player being injured. I think Manchester City should cope though, he's an important cog but a cog in a system which should carry on winning without him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Oh well at least I'll be able to add a couple of good players in my fantasy team in his place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This on paper is a massive blow for Man City due to De Bruyne being the player in their squad that most understands Guardiola's view on the game.  It's going to be interesting to see how City cope with this one because if Guardiola had to choose the one player he wouldn't want injured out of all of them it would be Kevin de Bruyne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This on paper is a massive blow for Man City due to De Bruyne being the player in their squad that most understands Guardiola's view on the game.  It's going to be interesting to see how City cope with this one because if Guardiola had to choose the one player he wouldn't want injured out of all of them it would be Kevin de Bruyne.

Huddersfield (H)

Wolves (A)

Newcastle (H)

Fulham (H)

Cardiff (A)

Brighton (A)

 

Reckon they'll be alright. This is their fixtures before Liverpool away. Be very surprised if they don't manage all 18 points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Huddersfield (H)

Wolves (A)

Newcastle (H)

Fulham (H)

Cardiff (A)

Brighton (A)

 

Reckon they'll be alright. This is their fixtures before Liverpool away. Be very surprised if they don't manage all 18 points. 

Only because I haven't checked, but when does the Champions League begin? (I'm feeling lazy today)

Without a doubt that's an easy start on paper, but it only takes one unconvincing performance for doubts to creep in and suddenly you're suffering to grind out victories.  He is very important to City but as you say, they've been lucky with their start to the new season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets hope he isnt out for long. These kinds of recurring injuries are never good because they never come back any less than the first time they happen. It would be a shame for him to be out for long because he is City's best player by a far margin and eventhough Bernado looks like he's doing well he's not in the same league as Kevin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No team in the world is good enough to not feel the affects of him being out. They should be alright with those first few fixtures without him though. It will get interesting if he misses any longer than that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Great news for Man Utd. 

Utd are doing fuck all this season except sacking Mourinho and selling Pogba 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Utd are doing fuck all this season except sacking Mourinho and selling Pogba 

Seriously doubt either will happen this year.  Next summer,  Morinho maybe,but Pogba never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Seriously doubt either will happen this year.  Next summer,  Morinho maybe,but Pogba never.

Are you that certain on Pogba? I get the feeling he is after his next huge signing bonus n his agent next fleecing of a club.

A modern day Anelka?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Are you that certain on Pogba? I get the feeling he is after his next huge signing bonus n his agent next fleecing of a club.

A modern day Anelka?

The agent looking for another payday that's for sure, but I believe Pogba will stay. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Maybe if we lose another 9 first team players xD   ...Bernardo Silva or Mahrez will fill in

They're no De Bruyne though are they?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

The agent looking for another payday that's for sure, but I believe Pogba will stay. 

Then surly you are resigned to looking for a new manager over the next year or so? Won't this season be a wasted one if the former is correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Then surly you are resigned to looking for a new manager over the next year or so? Won't this season be a wasted one if the former is correct?

Depends how successful the season is?  Or how successful Fred is in giving Pogba more freedom to get forward? If United have a good year than everyone will be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Huddersfield (H)

Wolves (A)

Newcastle (H)

Fulham (H)

Cardiff (A)

Brighton (A)

 

Reckon they'll be alright. This is their fixtures before Liverpool away. Be very surprised if they don't manage all 18 points. 

They last won at Anfield in 2003, so this doesn't help them against us if it's true he's out for 2+ months. I imagine they'd want their strongest side there.

"But Dr. Gonzo, any club/manager would want their stongest side in any match, so saying that doesn't actually mean anything."

Yeah and in any case, isn't this why Citeh have an outrageously expensive squad with depth all over the pitch? They'll miss him, because he's a fantastic player and any club would miss him if he was in their squad and got an injury like this. But out of all of the clubs in England equipped to handle bad injuries, Citeh is best equipped.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

They're no De Bruyne though are they?!

Who is? his the best mid in the world but we wont miss him too much with the quality we have in the squad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Bad news for the sport in general to be honest as he's class to watch. Arguably the best player in the league.

 exactly right. Shit news for the EPL and UCL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement