talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kevin De Bruyne

14 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Then surly you are resigned to looking for a new manager over the next year or so? Won't this season be a wasted one if the former is correct?

Depends how successful the season is?  Or how successful Fred is in giving Pogba more freedom to get forward? If United have a good year than everyone will be happy.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Huddersfield (H)

Wolves (A)

Newcastle (H)

Fulham (H)

Cardiff (A)

Brighton (A)

Reckon they'll be alright. This is their fixtures before Liverpool away. Be very surprised if they don't manage all 18 points. 

They last won at Anfield in 2003, so this doesn't help them against us if it's true he's out for 2+ months. I imagine they'd want their strongest side there.

"But Dr. Gonzo, any club/manager would want their stongest side in any match, so saying that doesn't actually mean anything."

Yeah and in any case, isn't this why Citeh have an outrageously expensive squad with depth all over the pitch? They'll miss him, because he's a fantastic player and any club would miss him if he was in their squad and got an injury like this. But out of all of the clubs in England equipped to handle bad injuries, Citeh is best equipped.

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

Huddersfield (H)

Wolves (A)

Newcastle (H)

Fulham (H)

Cardiff (A)

Brighton (A)

Reckon they'll be alright. This is their fixtures before Liverpool away. Be very surprised if they don't manage all 18 points. 

serious knee injuries can vary in length though mate. Entirely possible he could be out longer or injury get worse.

Its really a great sign of how De Bruyne has developed as a footballer that people are happy he's injured in the hope the league may become competitive again. 

For a neutral this is a massive shame. If City win The Champions League he could be talked about in the same bracket as the world's greatest.

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I've never understood that mindset of hoping one of the important players at a rival club gets injured.  That's not competitive and it's a totally false sense of glory if things do go your way because of it.

Yeah, it’s disgusting tbh.

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I've never understood that mindset of hoping one of the important players at a rival club gets injured.  That's not competitive and it's a totally false sense of glory if things do go your way because of it.

What about a certain CL semi final in which the team won because the official denied 4 blatant penalties that would of went against them? 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

What about a certain CL semi final in which the team won because the official denied 4 blatant penalties that would of went against them? 

That’s another thing altogether on this particular issue but I take your point. I’ve never denied that it wasn’t scandalous. I do not like those sorts of things for anyone. There’s no point on winning. 

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 18:07, Cicero said:

Huddersfield (H)

Wolves (A)

Newcastle (H)

Fulham (H)

Cardiff (A)

Brighton (A)

Wolves away won't be a walk in the park for anyone. Having said that, looking at the rest... he couldn't have picked a better time to be injured.

I think it's a bigger miss for City than some think. Very blase to just look at fixtures and dismiss teams or easy to look at the quality they have in reserve and just say 'they'll be fine'. But it's not as easy as that in reality, it never is. They may need to adapt to his absence and change the system a bit.

We're talking about the 2nd best player in the league based on last season. I'm not sure who in the City team will quite take on KDB's role quite like he does. And then there are his deliveries from set pieces, tackles etc, his football brain, eye for a pass, it all adds up.

On the flip side, when something like this happens, sometimes it can work for you. And maybe it will work for the development of Phil Foden. He may get more chances now which will be great for his development this season and show he's more than capable if needed.

Rashford is a great example. He was flung in at the deep end and made to man up very quickly. Taking the cotton wool off Phil Foden and giving him minutes could be like unearthing a new gem.

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Confirmed: Out for 3 months. 

Shame for him. However one trip to Barcelona and he'll be fit by next week. 

Confirmed :-  2 to 3mths  ..will be back playing in 6 weeks :ph34r:

Pep suggested a lack of rest may have had an effect on Kevin.

“De Bruyne will be out for 2 to 3 months,” Pep said. “It’s as part of the game. We don’t know if his short summer break was a factor. Nobody knows. These things can happen when you get no summer break.

“For De Bruyne and his family it is hard but we accept it. Human beings have a limit and these things happen. He will be a big miss.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Shame this, I hope it's not to bad and he is back soon, my kind of player this guy and if I was a manager I would try and snap him up, one of the best crossers of a ball I have seen.  "    

"An injury to Kevin de Bruyne took the shine off a convincing win for Manchester City as the Carabao Cup holders eased past Fulham to advance to the quarter-finals.

Spanish teenager Brahim Diaz scored in each half - his first senior goals - to set up a last-eight tie against Leicester City or Southampton.

But there was concern before the end for De Bruyne, who grimaced as he limped off three minutes from time..."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45973796

Archived