• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nikola Vlasic Joins CSKA Moscow

football forum

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Vlasic has gone to CSKA for a year. Be interesting to see how he gets on but I'll be surprised if he ever works his way into Silvas plans.

I think he just came to England too early in his career. I imagine he will play a big role in the next generation of Croatian players. It's a shame this isnt a perminant deal as having the opportunity to develop that Golovin has had could be great for him.

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

Dodgy Google translate of the pertinent parts:

Are you sorry that you probably will not stay in Moscow? The CSKA director publicly said that you would be too expensive for them.

• I read what the club director told me and I was sorry that was so, but I was not surprised because the people in the club were already explaining what their financial situation was. The club made a new stadium and had a lot of debts, so they can not think of so big transfers at this time, and the amount above 12m euros is mentioned. In addition, the economic situation in Russia is not the best. It's a shame, because CSKA is a great club, the atmosphere in the club is family friendly, and the young and powerful team, this year we would certainly be ready for another step. Unfortunately, the problem is that the better I play, it will make me more difficult to buy because my value is growing.

Do you believe that Everton will count on you in the set next season?

• Honestly, I do not believe.

Why?

• Everton has spent $ 100 million last year on reinforcements. Only three players - Richarlison, Min and Digne - paid about 90 million. Everton is therefore looking for great names and players from big clubs, like Barcelona, and so, by the way, they will be there. Despite these immense investments, the team is currently in the 11th place, which means there will be new big purchases because I know they have firmly decided in the club that they will try to be the new Tottenham who will join the biggest league clubs. It is logical that it will be difficult for me to see the player who will strike one of the top six in the Premiership. This will require new £ 50m reinforcements. So I expect them to sell me as soon as they get their first bid for them.

OK, but behind you is a great season in CSKA?

• While I was in Everton, I'm well aware that the English are looking at all the European leagues except Premeirship, and I doubt anyone will impress what I've done in the Russian league. Russian or Croatian league, all of them are the same.

How are you looking at Days in Everton? Where was the problem?

• Everything changed after Koeman left. The football played at Big Sama was awful, if it could even be called football. I did not have the status or the minute, and if I did, I did not know if I should be lucky or poor because I would only run the race again and again in the field without any action and desire to play. In such football I do not have a place. The football team was terrified by all, the fans mostly.

This season, Marco Silva raises a different, much nicer soccer, but no results. Had you been through the summer, maybe you could help?

• Personally, I have nothing to do with Silva, since he had known Everton since the end of last year that he would take over Everton and watch what he has in the team and he could not see me because I did not play. During the summer he brought some, and this is a very expensive player, and logically that he did not feel a lot of trouble with me. It is true that Everton did not make an expected breakthrough, but at least fans now look at the normal football in which the guys through the action are trying to score and win.

And how are you now watching Everton as a club?

• The club is great, the fans are very good and I do not have any bitterness in me. But they did not feel that they were very concerned about me, to somehow underestimate me because they came from the HNL. But when you bring three players out of Barcelona in a few days, then it's clear that you do not have much care for those who came from the small league.

This was an interview from Vlasic on various things. The headlines were translated in an inflammatory manner initially, so I went to Everton reddit to try and find the full article to post here, only to find a couple of Croatian fans had come to give a more accurate translation. 

He speaks fairly I think. The one thing that concerns me in this interview is the bit about the players being terrified of the fans because it's something that's been speculated by us in the past. However, I have limited sympathy for the players. The fans can't be expected to support a team that shows no backbone.

Goodison, like most football crowds, is one that will happily support players who aren't very good if they're bold, take risks and try their hardest. Stracqualursi for example was dross but always had backing from the crowd as he worked his backside off. Niasse is the most obvious recent example of this. What the crowd won't support though, are players, talented or not, who hide in matches, see Schneiderlin last season, Ross Barkley at a few different points in his career etc.

As a team, playing under Allardyce must have made the players look like they were hiding a bit more just because of the boring football and how conservative it was, so I have some sympathy there that it wasn't entirely their fault. However, I've seen nothing from some of these players under Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth or Silva to suggest that they'd have performed in a different manner when Allardyce wasn't the manager.

As for Vlasic, I'd still like to see him considered for next season, there's definitely a player in there and he's very young. He can be moulded. It is hard to see a change of mind from Silva though after investing his trust in Richarlison and Bernard.

This was an interview from Vlasic on various things. The headlines were translated in an inflammatory manner initially, so I went to Everton reddit to try and find the full article to post here, only to find a couple of Croatian fans had come to give a more accurate translation. 

He speaks fairly I think. The one thing that concerns me in this interview is the bit about the players being terrified of the fans because it's something that's been speculated by us in the past. However, I have limited sympathy for the players. The fans can't be expected to support a team that shows no backbone.

Goodison, like most football crowds, is one that will happily support players who aren't very good if they're bold, take risks and try their hardest. Stracqualursi for example was dross but always had backing from the crowd as he worked his backside off. Niasse is the most obvious recent example of this. What the crowd won't support though, are players, talented or not, who hide in matches, see Schneiderlin last season, Ross Barkley at a few different points in his career etc.

As a team, playing under Allardyce must have made the players look like they were hiding a bit more just because of the boring football and how conservative it was, so I have some sympathy there that it wasn't entirely their fault. However, I've seen nothing from some of these players under Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth or Silva to suggest that they'd have performed in a different manner when Allardyce wasn't the manager.

As for Vlasic, I'd still like to see him considered for next season, there's definitely a player in there and he's very young. He can be moulded. It is hard to see a change of mind from Silva though after investing his trust in Richarlison and Bernard.

Don't know what happened trying to remove my comments from the quoted box isn't working...

Archived