talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bobby Madley Quits Refereeing in England due to Snapchat Image

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Storts said:

Should probably delete this - it's wild speculation. Not really sure the forum should put itself at risk

Yeah, or at the very least change the title. 

It's pretty obvious this is some nonsense rumour because he so happens to be from Huddersfield, and Bradford/Leeds fans call them dog-botherers. 

Feel awful for the guy, watch it come out that he's dealing with some personal tragedy - everyone sharing this completely unfounded rumour should be ashamed. But then hey, it's the faceless, unpoliced internet - ruin lives as you will! 😑

• The title was changed to Bobby Madley Quits Refereeing Due to 'Change in Personal Circumstances'
30 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

Yeah, or at the very least change the title. 

It's pretty obvious this is some nonsense rumour because he so happens to be from Huddersfield, and Bradford/Leeds fans call them dog-botherers. 

Feel awful for the guy, watch it come out that he's dealing with some personal tragedy - everyone sharing this completely unfounded rumour should be ashamed. But then hey, it's the faceless, unpoliced internet - ruin lives as you will! 😑

On the one hand he's got to be fairly immune to twitter by now after being a ref for so long. On the other hand he will get idiots shouting dog shagger at him in the street.

3 hours ago, Harvsky said:

On the one hand he's got to be fairly immune to twitter by now after being a ref for so long. On the other hand he will get idiots shouting dog shagger at him in the street.

It's the latter that bothers me... He's definitely going to be tarred with this by mongs for a very long time. Sad world we live in.

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Claiming it wasnt them before anybody suggested so. Something a guilty person would do really.

I’m bald. I have a Jack Russel. What the fuck was I meant to do? I felt a preemptive strike was the best course of action. Oh, here’s my dog 😂

8211A03E-D6F7-4419-B38A-BD87B287F713.thumb.jpeg.3862f3ce50755b53e97e36a50530f2f2.jpeg40B5268E-03C8-4F90-8182-6AA2B6B78415.thumb.jpeg.e11974e91df8e4076f35491fd6b90f69.jpeg

14 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m bald. I have a Jack Russel. What the fuck was I meant to do? I felt a preemptive strike was the best course of action. Oh, here’s my dog 😂

8211A03E-D6F7-4419-B38A-BD87B287F713.thumb.jpeg.3862f3ce50755b53e97e36a50530f2f2.jpeg40B5268E-03C8-4F90-8182-6AA2B6B78415.thumb.jpeg.e11974e91df8e4076f35491fd6b90f69.jpeg

Your dog is cute as fuck, but please refrain from giving it kisses on it's arsehole.

5 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Disappointed by this thread. It had potential and wet wipes have ruined it. 

Viva vicious rumours. 

I'm the wettest of wipes when it comes to fallacies being repeated by idiots often enough that they become true. 

It's how we got Brexit, it's how the world got Trump. Hate it.

Former referees' chief Keith Hackett has questioned his successor Mike Riley and said the Premier League may need to look abroad for officials.

Hackett was speaking in the wake of the departure of Bobby Madley and questioned Riley's role.

Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) is responsible for overseeing all Premier League matches, with Riley operating as its managing director.

The body announced the departure of Madley on Thursday evening, despite the 32-year-old recently being promoted to the list of FIFA officials.

Hackett said: "It's on him (Riley). And I've got to ask why did (Mark) Clattenburg leave? Why did (Howard) Webb leave? Why did Mark Halsey leave? All early."

The PGMOL on Thursday said Madley had "decided to relocate due to a change in his personal circumstances".

Hackett expressed disappointment at Madley's move and suggested PGMOL, now with 17 top-tier match officials, could be forced to look abroad for referees of the desired standard.

Hackett added: "A few years ago I looked very carefully, when I was the boss of PGMOL, to bring in some overseas referees. I think he (Riley) is going to have to do that.

"If any referee sustains a long-term injury, then they're down to the bare bones.

"Do we question the ability of bringing in foreign players? What is different to refereeing?

"Exchange programmes exist. I'm thinking for a short-term plan, in the event someone gets injured, rather than exposing our young referees coming into the system."

It is understood utilising foreign officials is not something being considered by PGMOL. There is a secondary group of referees who could be called upon if required.

Hackett says it takes two to three years for referees to be established and believes Riley is stifling the progress of officials.

He also questioned Premier League clubs' decision not to use VAR this season. Hackett added: "I think there is a block in the system that prevents the referees getting appointed out of the Football League and into the Premier League. And that's down to the management of the PGMOL."

Keith Hackett has had a chip on his shoulder and a website\organization to sell for sometime now so its no surprise he is putting the boot in, again, to Riley.

For me, while its kinda sad a young man is quitting his career, for whatever reason, Madley, for me isnt much of a loss. I found him to be very hit or miss and I was more surprised to read he had just been named on UEFA list.

The loss of Clattenburg however is a whole different thing. While money is an obvious factor in his decision, there was other bits n pieces which have been alleged which paint a much more cloak n dagger, something the PGMOL are becoming a hotbed of stories.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Newspapers reporting that he's quit due to a marriage breakdown.

so when she asked 'can we do doggy style?' he took that a bit too literally...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Snapchat post suggesting he’d beat a disabled bloke in a race. Nothing to do with dogs.

Bobby Madley was sacked as a Premier League referee for posting an offensive Snapchat message which discriminated against disabled people, it has been claimed. 

The referees' body PGMOL announced earlier this month that Madley would no longer be officiating matches 'due to a change in personal circumstances'.

Now it has been reported that Madley shared a picture of a disabled man with an offensive comment about beating him in a school sports day race. 

A follower screenshotted the picture and sent it to Madley's bosses, leading the top-flight official to be fired, according to The Sun

The 32-year-old referee is in talks to officiate matches in Norway where he is reportedly planning to emigrate with his Scandinavian partner.

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Bobby Madley was sacked as a Premier League referee for posting an offensive Snapchat message which discriminated against disabled people, it has been claimed. 

The referees' body PGMOL announced earlier this month that Madley would no longer be officiating matches 'due to a change in personal circumstances'.

Now it has been reported that Madley shared a picture of a disabled man with an offensive comment about beating him in a school sports day race. 

A follower screenshotted the picture and sent it to Madley's bosses, leading the top-flight official to be fired, according to The Sun

The 32-year-old referee is in talks to officiate matches in Norway where he is reportedly planning to emigrate with his Scandinavian partner.

Any clue on what he apparently said?

1 hour ago, Berserker said:

Any clue on what he apparently said?

Apparently just posted a picture of someone in a wheelchair and said " I could beat him in a school sports day race" 

Having watched Madley ref games I find it doubtful from what I have seen of him that he could in fact beat someone in a wheelchair, I think he would come second.... 

Archived