talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga (Mainly RM) fighting with Inter Milan

football forum

La Liga slams ‘tricky’ Inter

La Liga chief Javier Tebas has accused Inter of ‘having no money’ and using ‘tricks’ to bring in players.

Inter have signed several players on loan with options to buys this summer, among them Matteo Politano and Keita Balde Diao, prompting Tebas to put them in the same boat as two of his pet hates Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City.

“Even though great Coaches like Mourinho and Guardiola went away, La Liga continued to grow,” he told ABC.

“It’s clear that I’d have liked to keep Cristiano Ronaldo, but I’d have liked players such as Lewandowski to arrive too.

“However, we should ask ourselves why there are ‘club-states’ inflating the market by taking away players.

“Things don’t happen just because we make mistakes, but I don’t think this is the case, but other clubs things have happened, which shouldn’t happen.

“I’m not only referring to PSG but also Juventus with the signing of Ronaldo and Inter, who have no money to buy players but then offer a mountain of money, the source of which I don’t know.

“Tricks in the market? As for Juve I don’t know. We’ll have to see how their deal [for Ronaldo] pans out, but Inter’s offer for Modric hid some tricks.

“The PSG-Neymar issue was also rigged. PSG are a club of ‘just tricks’ like Manchester City, and this generates circumstances that destabilise the market and media.”

I have heard that Real Madrid has officially complained to UEFA about our involvement with trying to get Modric

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a report from the BBC about the Luka Modric deal - 

Luka Modric: Real Madrid report Inter Milan to Fifa over an alleged illegal approach

Real Madrid have reported Inter Milan to Fifa over an alleged illegal approach for midfielder Luka Modric.

The 32-year-old Croat, who captained his country to the World Cup final and was named player of the tournament, has been linked with a move to Serie A.

Real president Florentino Perez said earlier this month the only way Modric would leave was if his 750 million euro (£671m) release clause was met.

The Spanish giants sold Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus for £99.2m.

The transfer window in Italy closes on Friday at 19:00 BST.

Modric joined Real from Tottenham in 2012 and has won La Liga once and the Champions League four times.

Inter are back in the Champions League for the first time since 2011-12.

tricks in the market ???   i'd say strategy, if they ( inter ) can get players via loan, then fine, it's legal anyway.

i can't find any reason why Tebas is having a bite at Inter.   Is he rattled that the likes of Neymar and Ronaldo are going out of La Liga and left with only Messi as it's main headliner ???

The problem Real Madrid have is that they’ve (Inter) spoken to Modrić without the club’s consent and Modrić wants to leave... In other words unsettled the player. Nothing Real Madrid and many clubs haven’t done in the past and continue to do. Infact all clubs do it when they have a serious interest in a player. 

45 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The problem Real Madrid have is that they’ve (Inter) spoken to Modrić without the club’s consent and Modrić wants to leave... In other words unsettled the player. Nothing Real Madrid and many clubs haven’t done in the past and continue to do. Infact all clubs do it when they have a serious interest in a player. 

Ah, Inter imitating the old masters; Barcelona. Life imitates great art.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Ah, Inter imitating the old masters; Barcelona. Life imitates great art.

No way mate... The masters are definitely Real Madrid. Nobody will ever do a Figo like they did. Nothing will ever beat that. They even returned to their old ways with Lopetegui 2 days before the World Cup started. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

No way mate... The masters are definitely Real Madrid. Nobody will ever do a Figo like they did. Nothing will ever beat that. They even returned to their old ways with Lopetegui 2 days before the World Cup started. 

Da Vinci, Raphael, van Gogh... all masters but not all of them needed to cut their ear off.

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

With the difference Real Madrid almost always overpays, particularly with the so-called "clubs amigos" (Florentino dixit).

La Liga's arrogance holds no bounds! They talk about state owned clubs which is fine, but La Liga has a strong history of financially rewarding the big two at the expense of everyone else.

And even just on a club by club basis, how can you bemoan state owned clubs when you seek out sponsorship from state owned companies? Or the state benefitting Real Madrid financially, both recently and historically. 

La Liga are going through a period of being up their own arse when looking down on other clubs and leagues, obviously through fear of losing their dominance.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

La Liga's arrogance holds no bounds! They talk about state owned clubs which is fine, but La Liga has a strong history of financially rewarding the big two at the expense of everyone else.

And even just on a club by club basis, how can you bemoan state owned clubs when you seek out sponsorship from state owned companies? Or the state benefitting Real Madrid financially, both recently and historically. 

La Liga are going through a period of being up their own arse when looking down on other clubs and leagues, obviously through fear of losing their dominance.

it's fair to give these people the moniker of THE THREE STOOGES ---  Perez - Bartomeu - Tebas.

Perez and Bartomeu has a history of doing some ugly back door business regarding transfers.    Tebas with this motor-mouth of his.

• Subscriber

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones is what Mr Tebas needs to learn first. Followed swiftly by a lesson in keeping one's mouth shut when the club he represents is just as guilty of 'tricks' as the rest of the clubs he is trying to blame. Sick of the way football is being run, get out and don't look back. But of course he shares one important ingredient with every other club he has chosen to list and that is the hunger for power. I don't get why Inter should have to back down from this and I'd say go after him and make him an example to force a change but that won't happen. 

As a side question, does playing in a Super Cup invalidate the player's legitimacy for playing in the CL for the current season with another club? I only ask this because I am unsure where the Super Cup falls, as a season ender or one that starts a season.

Archived