talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liga MX - México

football forum

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

752b93f033f2860b67e691e99cfe5684-bpfull.

Apertura - Matchday 3 of 19
Friday; August 9
Morelia vs Monterrey
Veracruz vs Atlas
Tijunana vs Pumas UNAM

Saturday, August 10
Queretaro vs Pachuca
Cruz Azul vs Juarez
Tigres UNAL vs Necaxa
Chivas Guadalajara vs Atletico San Luis

Sunday, August 11
Toluca vs America
Santos Laguna vs Puebla

image.png.791999fed0914b27a8bcb3ab1687926a.png

• 2 weeks later...

Juan Reynoso apparently close to returning to Puebla as a permanent manager, and not just an assistant this time.

I might not rate him very much as a manager but its good to see his serious nature as well as the bridges he kept in Mexico are going to help him out. Hope it concretes.

Reading the tweets from Puebla fans on this appointment is hilarious xD

"He isn't qualified to manage Puebla", " Sign a real manager".

He's won 5 titles in Peru and was the assistant manager of Puebla before AND Cruz Azul. What more does he need to do? He knows the league and has a decent resume. He's not managing a big team either. The Liga MX isn't Premier League quality ffs.

11 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Five titles from a league that isn't taken serious at all outside of peru. Liga mx, argie, and Brazilian leagues are way above the rest. I dont think the Peruvian league comes close to the second tier: colombia, Chile, Uruguay, mls, and paraguay so yeah, the appointment makes no sense, totally unqualified 

Unqualified to coach a mediocre bottom half team in a small league? Yeah, here you are spouting nonsense again. He's actually been Cruz Azul and Puebla's assistant too, so it's not like he doesn't have tied bridges in the league.

Nice try?

You do realize that just because you think the league is "amateur" doesn't mean it actually is right? I agree that the quality is bad and nowhere near the Liga MX but they are still professional players who work full time. That's a fact. We all have to start somewhere, if you win 5 titles in your home country it probably means you're above the league and deserve a shot elsewhere.

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

If the quality is bad doesnt that take away from winning five league titles? We need coaches like almeyda from proven leagues. There is levels to everything and Juan reynoso getting appointed to puebla doesnt make any sense, he is more fit to coach a team from the asenso (second division) 

It does but he won 5. Not 1, not 2. FIVE. Like I said you all need to start somewhere, and he's coaching a small tinpot club from a nothing town in Mexico, not one of the 5 giants. 

What's gonna happen to "proven coaches" when they retire? Do you just expect ex players to always take a managerial spot? Almeyda when he started wasn't proven either, and he's an ex player just like Reynoso is.

For the record I don't think he's a top manager, and I'm not 100% sure he'll do well but in terms of qualifications he's more than fit for the job. To say otherwise is laughable.

37 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Please be serious and quit trolling this great thread. Reynoso is fit to coach puebla's youth team, that's about it. Who gives a fuck about assistant job stints... we need coaches like Palermo, almeyda, and the few Spaniards coaches we have brought to the league. plain and simple.. 

Almeyda and Palermo were once in Reynoso’s position. They all have to start somewhere.

I think most people will find you’re the one trolling in this “great thread”.

Teso’s logic: he wins trophies in other leagues - oh he’s Peruvian. Not qualified.

Some Spanish or Argie manager who coached Union Española and won fuck all - he’s not Peruvian. Bring him in.

Grow the fuck up.

3 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

You are the one that needs to grow up.. regardless of how bad and how much you overhype peruvians... no one takes them serious whether its the media or fans of football, they are a nobody. I would rather take an inexperience argie over a Peruvian league experienced coach..

And that's why nobody takes you seriously, really racist mentality.

Reynoso is not a great manager but the point is if he's qualified and you just admitted that he is. Just because he's Peruvian doesn't automatically make him a bad manager. For me his undoing is how pragmatic he is.

Funny how I listed a bunch of facts above, but they are "irrelevant" just because they don't benefit Teso's frame of mind. 

If you were a store owner, would you not hire someone due to nationality? 

Who am I kidding, if you were a store owner you would fall into tons of debt.

Anyone remember La U's 2010 Copa Libertadores run? That was with Reynoso. Since then only 1 Peruvian side has done better in the tournament.

We might be a nobody in football but that doesn't mean that we should be automatically ruled out in jobs in the sport. You are everything that is wrong with football Teso. You complain about racists towards you but you are that yourself. Every so often we have an incredible player or manager that deserves their shot in Europe.

Since Gallese left, Veracruz concedes more than ever and had a tournament with 0 points. Yet Jurado gets praise and Gallese gets stick for his time. Hilarious :dam:

Also, Morelia are garbage again this year.  Ruidiaz was their saviour and the only reason they were decent for a couple of years. Him and Valdes, they carried the team. Flores and Arristeguieta are good but not quite enough to dominate games.

The "unqualfied" Reynoso is off to a winning start with Puebla. 2-1 win over Juarez, good start.

Omar Fernandez was the best player in the Peruvian league when he was here, I'm glad to see him do well in Mexico. Ironically he is reunited with Juan Reynoso, as he was his manager in Peru.

Aquino did not go through the Advincula effect thankfully. I'd say he's the best Peruvian in Mexico at the moment.

Not the official XI but still nice to see him get recognition.

Just took a look at Cruz Azul Twitter. From what I’m gathering, Cruz Azul fans have begun to ask for the “unqualified” Reynoso for the outgoing Caixinha. They say that it’s a shame that Puebla just got him as he would have been a good option.

2 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Real news 

Real news :rofl: as if I ever said that to begin with. I said Cruz Azul fans wanted Reynoso, not that he was linked.

Turco is garbage anyways. Had a very good Monterrey team and failed to win anything with it. Failed at Celta de Vigo and Huracán. If that’s what you meant by that’s what they deserve....

29 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

A friendly between our youngsters and  Las perras who played most of their starters created a better atmosphere than any two MLS teams can ever imagine xD this is just the cherry on top after beating the NT 3-0.... pulisic who ? xD

What a shameful argument. There is a whole different sports culture in the USA (and Canada). They want it to be family friendly.

I was at Forge vs York 9 as an away fan and families were moving away from Generation IX because they were throwing smoke and swearing a lot. They even came over to them to try and calm them down. It's no different with the MLS really.

So yeah, I don't think MLS fans really care.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived