talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liga MX - México

football forum

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

@Stan can you please address this thread derailing? I have actually went to an mls game an experience the atmosphere inside and outside the stadium... my opinion is right and it was Liga MX related... the poster above, time after time, has come in this thread attacking me. 

Thanks,

The Notorious Teso. 

Where's the thread derailing (other than the 99% post thing)? From what I see you both talk about the atmosphere and attendance at different games?

Just put him on ignore?

P.S Also not sure where the 'attack' is. 

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

@Stan can you please address this thread derailing? 

Ironic given you derail every single thread in the Liverpool discussions. Maybe don't troll and you won't get trolled back? Word of advice but I know you won't give a shit,

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Ironic given you derail every single thread in the Liverpool discussions. Maybe don't troll and you won't get trolled back? Word of advice but I know you won't give a shit,

There's no need for you to always say this kind of stuff.

We'll deal with it as it comes.

End of.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

There's no need for you to always say this kind of stuff.

We'll deal with it as it comes.

End of.

I was saying what everyone else thinks, but yeah up to you mate :) 

8 minutes ago, D97 said:

Is there any fan-owned football clubs in Mexico? 

I could be wrong, but I think Mexico likes to stay closer to franchises similar to the MLS. Granted, they aren't franchises I'm pretty sure but they put a heavy emphasis on marketing.

Americans like to stray away from Mexican culture due to the drama between the two, but they are both pretty close actually. I'd say Mexico is a mix of the USA and South America. So I'd imagine the Liga MX clubs, with how commercial the league is, likes to stay closer to the USA culture side of things.

3 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

I could be wrong, but I think Mexico likes to stay closer to franchises similar to the MLS. Granted, they aren't franchises I'm pretty sure but they put a heavy emphasis on marketing.

Americans like to stray away from Mexican culture due to the drama between the two, but they are both pretty close actually. I'd say Mexico is a mix of the USA and South America. So I'd imagine the Liga MX clubs, with how commercial the league is, likes to stay closer to the USA culture side of things.

Hmmmm i see. It would be cool to see one. 😊

26 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Yeah its an interesting case, but Mexico is probably not the place to look mate!

Ahh i see. I know country such as Germany and Sweden are fan-owned. Some clubs in England do have fan-owned too but so far never know any fan-owned clubs in places like Asia, North America, Africa and the pacific. 

Knew that Monarcas' problems came down to having a terrible striker. Arristeguieta was a coup. Also, happy to see Edison Flores come on and give 2 assists today.

Was the last Mexico U20 side a 2 man band or where they just underachievers? JJ Macias is a real talent, and alongside Lainez I'm surprised they did so poorly. Much better on paper than the 2017 side, who somehow made quarter finals.

Point is Macias should get a move to a  bigger league soon.

I won't complain but VAR got another decision wrong there. Chivas should have been given a penalty for what looked to me like a careless handball decision. The defender lifted the ball up (looked that way to me), rather than rebounded it. Handballed it and after checking with VAR they decided no penalty. I guess he thought it was unintentional.

At least the right amount of stoppage time was given. 7 minutes.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Grizzly21 said:

@Stan 

Do you reckon VAR got this wrong or right?

Hard to tell. You could argue he lifted the ball up and handled the ball or that it rebounded up on his arm.

Skip to 1:58

Not the greatest of angles to watch. Was a penalty given? If not, then VAR got it right for me. 

Looks like it rebounds on to the guys arm. Not sure how he lifted the ball up? 

Just now, Stan said:

Not the greatest of angles to watch. Was a penalty given? If not, then VAR got it right for me. 

Looks like it rebounds on to the guys arm. Not sure how he lifted the ball up? 

Wasn't given... yeah it's hard to tell, but some Chivas fans aren't happy at all given Monarcas goal came from a handball penalty!

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Anyone who follows the league knows it's all about the playoffs, big teams like Monterrey, America, and tigres have tremendous depth that they experiment during the regular season to see what's the best starting eleven for the playoffs. 

Excuses excuses. Puebla sucks on paper, and Reynoso is exceeding my expectations. So I reckon he's had a good start.

I've been watching the league since 97-98 and it has always been that way for the big teams. Why risk starting all your stars at the same time every matchday when you can alternate and semi cruise your way into the playoffs were it really matters. The small teams are fighting for relegation so results like the above are not a surprise but I can guarantee you tigres didnt give it 100% even though they are 2 spots away from playoffs, they know they will make it. That's the only downside of a short season league and reynoso better get ready to work with a new squad cause puebla is known for selling 8+players each season and making a profit. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived