The better place to talk football.

Liga MX - México

football forum

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Of course they have a pro teams, who you think Barcelona/real Madrid play in the Fifa World club competition you sand........:censored: Tbf, i don't expect a lower-tier fan to know. 

:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

too easy. 

• 3 weeks later...

The relegation battle is more interesting than the playoff battle. Veracruz and Morelia keep on winning. 

Speaking of Morelia winning, Ruidiaz hattrick. Andy Polo also scored 1. Great to see 4 Peruvian goals in one match abroad.

I don't know much about Monarcas history, other than that they are a traditional club but not a giant. I've just asked a few of their fans if they would consider Ruidiaz a Monarcas legend if they manage to stay up. 19 goals in the season and about to become the top scorer of the clausura after already winning the award in the apertura. Without him, Monarcas would've been relegated already. 

I've seen a lot of Monarcas this season and they have good playmakers but no defensive midfielders or backline. I'd say that makes this just a bit more impressive. Regardless if Monarcas go down or not, I think Ruidiaz is off to a bigger club. Could be in Mexico or abroad, most likely in the America's though. Not sure about Andy Polo, getting along well in Mexico but I'm still not convinced he's good enough for a bigger club. Definitely a lot better than the Liga Ascenso though,

... or because he is single handedly about to save them from relegation. I didn't know Pumas were a bad team.

by the way those Monarcas fans said yes.

1 hour ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Fuck yes!!!! Down 2 and our 16 year old steps up and scores two to tie it up and knock morelia out of the playoff. Wont know the rest of the result bc im watching the boxing match, what a fucking night. 

LOL

If Raul Ruidiaz wasn't a Monarcas legend then, he is now. Just saved them from relegation with a last minute clutch goal and also knocked Club America out of the playoff and puts them in instead. There is something wrong with scouting if he doesn't get bought by another club next season.

The 3 year average system needs to be abolished. Monarcas almost got relegated and managed to save themselves on the last day  to get in playoffs. In other words, a team who survived relegation in the last match has a chance to become champions. An outside chance, but its still there.

Raul Ruidiaz finished top scorer of the Clausura, and this time outright and not joint.

Raul Ruidiaz' goals in the clausura. Top scorer in both tournaments, top scorer overall. He's competing with Oribe Peralta for the best striker in the league but there's really no one else that can be up there with those 2. Eduardo Vargas is proving to be overrated at club level yet again.

As a proud América hater, I'm am delighted that they have failed to qualify for the liguilla.

I like Pachuca a lot, especially with them producing so many talented young players over the last few years. I was very happy to see them winning at the Azteca on Saturday, though it's a shame that they have also narrowly failed to make the liguilla. But they they won the CONCACAF Champions League last month, so they have to be happy with their season. It was funny to see Tigres failing yet again in the final of an international competition. 

As for my team Cruz Azul, the less said the better, although at least they ended the season with an away win against León, who have also been disappointing. 

I'm delighted that Morelia have survived. As I said on another thread, Ruidiaz has been a revelation.

I'll probably be rooting for Atlas in the Liguilla. They have arguably the most loyal and passionate fans in the country. They haven't won a single trophy for nearly 50 years but their fans still turn up in large numbers and create a good atmosphere. 

Monterrey-Tigres is definitely the pick of the Liguilla quarter-finals. Tigres are looking in ominous form and the favourites to defend their title, but Monterrey know how to beat them. And the Chivas-Atlas Clásico Tapatío will also be tasty. I can't wait !

Just now, Machado said:

What wrong did he say?

Basically blaming South Americans on America's failures this season and then telling Hugh Jass and me how much better they are than Monarcas and Cruz Azul as if anyone gives a fuck.

I've been on another forum with him for 2 years and he's the worst troll I've ever seen. No football knowledge and basically thinks that teams will pander to his hatred and love.

The thing is, you like to pick on me for having a normal opinion on Hamsik being the best Serie A player (anyone with a brain would see my point agree or not), yet you keep trying to prove to me how much better Mexicans are over South Americans.

1. No one gives a fuck

2. That's a delusional opinion and just shows your lack of knowledge

3. You're still a mong

Seriously just log out and never log back in. Everyone here thinks you're an idiot and it says a lot that I'm insulting you consistently as you're the only one sad enough to lead myself to doing that.

I'm gonna leave it there as I don't think its possible to talk sense into someone as hopeless as you and also because there exist Liga MX fans on this forum that don't want to see brainless replies and silly arguments so I'm not going to go on.

Not only did Ruidiaz' goal save Monarcas from relegation, apparently it saved them economically as well. They would have had to lose a lot of players and would have lost money. Raul Ruidiaz is a real Monarcas hero. While not a big club, definitely traditional in Mexico. Would have been a shame to see them go. Especially seeing how getting out of that league is hell. The economic part is according to ESPN MX

What a man. Seems like a sound bloke too.

Playoffs start today

Wednesday

Tigres vs Monterrey

Santos Laguna vs Toluca

Thursday

Monarcas vs Tijuana

Atlas vs Chivas

Saturday and Sunday are the return legs in the same order of games.

Think it will be Tigres, Santos, Tijuana and Chivas.

Would love Monarcas to win the title. Good opportunity given they are in good form and Club America aren't in this, and while I definitely think they'll give Xolos a run, think they'll miss out. Chivas should beat Atlas, and Tigres are beginning to gel so I can see them winning the title again. Santos seem a bit stronger than Toluca for me.

Tigres 4-1 Monterrey

Santos Laguna 1-4 Toluca

The second tie is done for sure with Santos needing to score 4 goals away from home. Wouldn't say the first one is done as Los Rayados just need 3 goals and that's happened many times in Mexican football, especially with how attacking it is. I personally think Tigres will go through but the tie isn't over.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Does every single one of your posts have to be aimed at something I said? Seriously bore off.

Get a life.

Relax. Rise above it. I've read the post and it doesn't warrant getting upset about. As we've discussed previously, there is an ignore option. I would ask you both exercise the use of it. 

15 minutes ago, Batard said:

Relax. Rise above it. I've read the post and it doesn't warrant getting upset about. As we've discussed previously, there is an ignore option. I would ask you both exercise the use of it. 

No one is upset, but I doubt you get the context of this issue because it was on on another forum. No argument is going to break out because I quite simply don't have the time for shite. I would suggest you delete your post as well as this one as you're over worrying about something that quite simply isn't going to happen.

i pmd you. We can discuss it there if you wish. I'm not here to ruin any threads.

Ruidiaz off injured, blow for Monarcas. I still think they'll get a good result today though as the defence is looking great.

Sebastian Sosa with the save of the year to deny Xolos a goal right at the end of the first half. He'll have to ask for those pictures later on!

I didn't see the Atlas-Chivas game, but it sounded like Atlas's winning goal came from a contentious penalty. I'll have to check out the highlights later. According to the reports Atlas completely dominated the first half while Chivas looked better in the second half. 

Chivas played some tremendous and entertaining football for most of the regular season, before going on this winless run of 6 matches, not helped by injuries to players such as Rodolfo Pizarro and Zaldivar. 

There is a lot of pressure on them in this liguilla, and they are facing more media expectation especially with the 3 big teams from the capital América, Cruz Azul (boooo) and Pumas all failing to make it. I think that Almeyda has done a good job though, winning the Copa MX earlier in the season and improving the team's playing style. 

I have a soft spot for Atlas so I'm happy that they won and hope that can progress. I'm not sure if they will be able to hold on to their narrow lead though.

At this point in time I would be shocked (pleasantly surprised) if anyone other than Tigres wins this title. 

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived