talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liga MX - México

football forum

I just saw some of the stats for the 2 Peruvian midfielders (Yotun and Flores)

Yotun is 2nd in the league in progressive passes, which also applies for 60-70% about of Cruz Azul's total progressive passes and 2nd in the league in assists. Flores on the other hand, is 5th in key passes in the league and has 3 assists. Another decent total.

I think it's fair to rate Yotun as one of the best midfielders in Mexico. I wouldn't say the same about Flores because he's more systematic and difficult to figure out, but he's doing pretty damn well considering what Monarcas had to overcome.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

He doesnt even come close to Guido Rodríguez xD

Wyscout lists Yotun above Guido. You have to follow the numbers otherwise you are a hypocrite because its as you say... FACTS.

2 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Wyscouts? xD the fact that he gets a call up and is becoming a regular starter for the Argie NT, says everything about the elite status of Guido. 9/10 Mexicans would say Guido is the better midfielder...10/10mexicans would say. Who is yotun and who does he play for. :rofl:

But Wyscout uses numbers and stats for their calculations to list certain players. It’s what you like no?

It’s like you say: FACTS. You’re showing your hypocritical side again.

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Although Cruz azul is a big team, they dont compare to Club America and opposing teams always play us with more cajones and motivation than the rest of the teams because its club America. The age and value are also two numbers to pay attention too. 

Value means fuck all. He’s also at an OK age.

Im honestly just giving you a taste of your own medicine. I don’t know if Yotun is better than Guido, nor do I care, but I wouldn’t take it from you and there is no doubt for me that Yotun is one of the better midfielders in the Liga MX today.

Monarcas beat Cruz Azul yesterday. 3 goals from 21 year old Ferreira.

Cruz Azul have been inconsistent but they've missed Yotun's mixed game. That said, Monarcas were also so clinical. Ferreira scored 3 goals off his 3 shots.

• 2 weeks later...

6-1 win for Monarcas.

Really happy with how much they've improved. However, they need to play Aristeguieta instead of Sansores. The latter only plays because he's from the academy.

Monterrey drew vs Veracruz last night. That means if Morelia win today, they go 5 points clear of 9th. Leon also wants it though, so the stakes are high.

Vamos Monarcas!

I have to say, I find it intruiging that a couple of Monarcas Morelia fans as well as Mexicans alike have gone out to say Ruidiaz is the best player in their history.

I can't say for sure as I haven't followed their entire history. I'm sure Figueroa might have a say, but it's hard to deny he is certainly one of their best ever.

aa65770a523e6230e5f0ff344425f133.png

9b5ea115484228d33f87b351cdc6fb41.png

xD NO realiable source has mention that. Club America doesn't only want a great coach but the reputation and legacy matter a lot.. if it's a foreign coach it would have to be one with knowledge to the fans, league/players, media and know how high the expectations really are. The boss Emilio would never approve Gareca , I say that with zero ounce of doubt. 

I've been following this team since 5 years old, gareca is definitely not up there with the type of coaches club america would go after.

24 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

xD NO realiable source has mention that. Club America doesn't only want a great coach but the reputation and legacy matter a lot.. if it's a foreign coach it would have to be one with knowledge to the fans, league/players, media and know how high the expectations really are. The boss Emilio would never approve Gareca , I say that with zero ounce of doubt. 

I've been following this team since 5 years old, gareca is definitely not up there with the type of coaches club america would go after.

Good, cos he has no chance of going there anyways, even though he's about 15 times better than Piojo. 

If he said no to Boca, no chance he will say yes to Club America. The only place he'd leave to is Argentina.

xD hmmmmmm there is thing called money and club America would offer way more than boca juniors.. if bielsa said yeah long time, I have no doubt they could get any coach they want within reasonable expectations. Money and the best league when it comes to viewers/fans here and Mexico. The Mexican league has the reputation to attract even more than just fans... Chivas had cruyff running its youth players a few years back and also great argie coaches are always looking forward to join the bandwagon of the money making and marketing that the league offers. 

Gareca would be lucky to witness a practice at coapa and give a few pointers knowing he would NEVER come close to being chosen as he might be decent but still a nobody to the rest

28 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

xD hmmmmmm there is thing called money and club America would offer way more than boca juniors.. if bielsa said yeah long time, I have no doubt they could get any coach they want within reasonable expectations. Money and the best league when it comes to viewers/fans here and Mexico. The Mexican league has the reputation to attract even more than just fans... Chivas had cruyff running its youth players a few years back and also great argie coaches are always looking forward to join the bandwagon of the money making and marketing that the league offers. 

Gareca would be lucky to witness a practice at coapa and give a few pointers knowing he would NEVER come close to being chosen as he might be decent but still a nobody to the rest

Exactly, reasonable expectations. You've not got any chance of getting him, unless he was on a free.

Gareca is a Boca idol and a way bigger club than America (regardless of what you want to believe). I don't think he gives a fuck about coaching them. Also, I'm fairly certain our federation pays way more than you. If Argentina can't afford him, then forget it. 

I hate to break it to you, but just because Mexicans at home and Mexicans in the USA watch the Liga MX, doesn't make it a big league. For you guys its a big league, for many of us other people, it's pretty small. Just look at this thread for reference. It's mostly just me and you either arguing or talking to ourselves. It's the same in South America. Most people who watch it there is because a Mexican club bought a player they liked.

Gareca doesn't, and never will care for coaching Club America, and he's also way beyond you.

34 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Also, of course he's a nobody to Club America. Just like Piojo is a nobody to Argentinians. Terrible argument. Gareca is a Velez legend, a Boca idol and now a Peru legend. To us and them he's not a nobody at all, and he's also pretty well recognized in South America because of our achievements with our national team. 

I repeat: the only place he would go to is Argentina. 

I hate to be that guy but...

This tweet sums up what most of us think of the Liga MX

And believe me, I love this league. Tons of fun to watch, of decent quality and great atmospheres (most of the time). Also professional stadiums and facilities. However, it's not a big league. Most people simply don't give a fuck outside of Mexicans and some South Americans. There's also not that much history. 

Don't take it the wrong way, again, this league is wonderful. However, it's wrong to say it's a huge league. What are the viewership numbers in Canada for example? England? Argentina? 

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

🤣🤣😂😂 I'm way too high right now to give a proper response to your typical ignorance... thumps up for consistency though 

33 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

What are the viewership numbers in Canada for example? England? Argentina? 

Answer the question

• The topic was unpinned

Archived