talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liga MX - México

football forum

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An excellent goal and very fitting for him of all people to score against Tigres, given the lengthy dispute between him and the club during the summer of 2014 when his potential move to Greece was scuppered. 

3 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Gignac and Pulido, the two best strikers in the league. :congrats: they make Ruidaz look like an amateur. xD

I'd take Ruidiaz over Pulido any day of the week. Not sure about Gignac though.

Can I just give a shout to Ismael Sosa? Rated him since Pumas. Massive player for Tigres and he's been so good in these 2 legs.

Just now, Teso Dos Bichos said:

xD

Vamos tigres!! No pulido is more complete, far better than ruidaz. 

I'm not going to instigate an argument, but Ruidiaz single handedly lead his team to an impossible survival. Literally all the attacks and goals have come through him. He's the second or third best striker in the league. 

Its opinion based but your opinion is discriminatory because you only say this because he's from Peru. So 2 words: grow up. Pulido is good and I can respect others opinions for saying that he's better than Ruidiaz, but not yours.

Anyways, a tip: enjoy the final and don't look to unnecessarily be a tool.

Aquino is looking lively for Tigres. I'm worried that Gignac, Damm and him heating up and are going to make something happen soon.

My live stream keeps buffering and is a little bit delayed from the live action. 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Aquino is looking lively for Tigres. I'm worried that Gignac, Damm and him are going to make something happen soon. 

Gignac has been poor for me so far but as we saw in the first leg he can show up from nowhere at any time and win the game. Damm is being used to his strengths.

Agreed on Aquino, dominating his side of the pitch.

Guadalajara's defence has been spot on. Tigres has been pushing up a lot and getting into the box but Chivas' keeper has hardly been tested. Most of his saves have been straightforward and Chivas has been spot on with their late challenges.

Half time and the home side lead 1-0. 3-2 on aggregate. Vamos!

This second half has been dull but the atmosphere has been fantastic

20 minutes left and Chivas are champions for the first time since 2006.

Gignac having a meltdown here. Its hard to blame him because Chivas have completely shut him down.

I need to give a shout to Carlos Fierro who superbly set up that second goal.

Nice to see Gallito Vásquez getting the goal. He has often been so reliable for Chivas as their midfield anchor. 

I remember his outstanding and tireless performance during the Clásico win over América back in February.

6 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

:( if chivas winning the title wasnt enough, you had to bring that up. Lol

The only positive out of this is the fact that chivas proved that this league doesn't need south american mercenaries. 

Chivas' manager would disagree.

Chivas are champions!

I am so happy for them. I obviously wanted to see Monarcas win it to see Ruidiaz and Polo win something in Mexico but my second choice was Chivas as I'm a big fan of clubs having a lot of home grown players which is basically what Chivas' philosophy is. They've done the double and you can even say they've done a treble. Aside from this, they've also won the Copa MX and the U20 Liga MX. They're back, and they have been superb this season. Fair play. 

Foreign rules have completely killed the diversity in high quality leagues and while I do agree on freedom of players, its definitely had a huge impact on the game. Particularly in North and South America.

Well done to Chivas! They now jointly hold the record of 12 league titles with América, and have completed a double after also winning the Copa MX last month. It has been very nice to see them ending their long 11 year title drought. They have been a joy to watch this season and played some incredibly entertaining football, especially during the regular season before their injury crisis struck. Matías Almeyda take a bow.

Rodolfo Pizarro has now won titles with 2 different clubs in successive seasons. What a player.  

I honestly did not see anyone stopping Tigres with the form they were the showing and the number of goals they were scoring. I can't feel sorry for them as they had won 2 out of the last 3 titles anyway. Chivas were struggling for form during the end of the regular season and the first 2 rounds of the liguilla, and they surprised me with their excellent performances over this final.

It must be frustrating for Tigres as they could have had the perfect season and won a treble, i.e. the Apertura, CONCACAF Champions League and Clausura. They won the Apertura after such a bad tempered final and through a penalty shoot-out, but lost the Champions League final to Pachuca and now this final to Chivas. Over the past 3 seasons they have played in 7 big finals, but lost 5 of them.

It has been nice to see 2 teams in Pachuca with their fantastic youth academy and Chivas with their famous domestic policy, clubs that have brought through and/or bought and given minutes to a lot of young Mexican players, beating the big spending Tigres with their star studded squad in these big finals. Admittedly Chivas have spent a lot of money themselves. But still those 2 results have been great for football and especially Mexican football in my opinion.

11 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Managers yeah, players no. The mercenaries from south america only come cause the mexican clubs can afford to pay them a reasonable wage, unlike the poor south american clubs. Fuck them. 

I actually agree with you on that, for years players that flopped and were deemed useless here like Vuoso, Damian Diaz,  Sambueza, Gustavo Cabral, Nicolas Sanchez, Funes Mori and many others headed to mexico where they were offered buckets of money and were they were able to shine and become the stars in a weaker league. Of course there are also good players that went there from small/medium sized clubs and also succeeded easily like Goltz, Marchesin, Pizarro and others. But at the end of the day the league would be, much, much worse without South Americans. Like the Premier League without foreigners, it would drop down behind Ligue One. 

44 minutes ago, Berserker said:

I actually agree with you on that, for years players that flopped and were deemed useless here like Vuoso, Damian Diaz,  Sambueza, Gustavo Cabral, Nicolas Sanchez, Funes Mori and many others headed to mexico where they were offered buckets of money and were they were able to shine and become the stars in a weaker league. Of course there are also good players that went there from small/medium sized clubs and also succeeded easily like Goltz, Marchesin, Pizarro and others. But at the end of the day the league would be, much, much worse without South Americans. Like the Premier League without foreigners, it would drop down behind Ligue One. 

Yeah, its like I said earlier, the foreign rules changing has made football either better or worse in some areas.

With these changes in the foreign rules, football in Italy, Argentina, Brazil, Holland and Portugal has taken a decline. There are many others that had a top league at one point like Peru, Uruguay, Colombia and Serbia but the 5 I mentioned are the main ones that matter in world football.

However, football has improved in Mexico, England, Australia, USA and of course the Asian countries like China and South Korea. Japan has improved for other reasons as they always had a large community of Brazilians anyways.

Spain has stagnated. No worse or no better than it was long ago. Real Madrid and Barcelona always have had the best foreign teams anyways.

Of course that's not the only equation. Money also had a big part in it but those 2 are the main reasons why football has become very Euro centric.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived