talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Netflix

football forum

football forum

Just signed up to Netflix, late to the party I know. What's the best stuff on here? Just watched a film through it and was impressed with the quality, variety of films seems a little bit shit though unless I'm missing something?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just signed up to Netflix, late to the party I know. What's the best stuff on here? Just watched a film through it and was impressed with the quality, variety of films seems a little bit shit though unless I'm missing something?

As far as Netflix Originals or shows in general? 

If you want a good laugh, try American Vandal. 

If you want some suspense, try Mind hunter

There's also Narcos, Stranger Things, and Black Mirror. 

If you're feeling a bit gay, there is also Orange is the New Black. 

• Subscriber

In terms of Netflix exclusive stuff that you may not have seen, Black Mirror is one of my favourites.

Depending on your tastes, you've got The Crown. I'm not into royal family dramas at all but I gave this a chance and really enjoyed it.

Thirteen Reasons Why is on there. Don't get the feeling that's your cup of tea though but a lot of people I'd have said that about seemed to enjoy it.

Stuff that's not Netflix exclusive, you've got Suits, Breaking Bad and Brooklyn Nine Nine off the top of my head.

There's that new series by Matt Groening that just came out today, Disenchanted, that is probably worth trying if you liked The Simpsons when it was still good & Futurama. If you like stuff in the "True Crime" genre, Making a Murderer is pretty interesting. As is the new thing where they interview murderers... I think it's called "I am a Killer" but I'm not sure about the title. There's also one called Evil Genius... which is very good. If you like all of those, swerve Wild Wild Country - it's awful, very slow paced and trying to make more drama out of a situation that had some drama but nothing near as much as the series stated.

What else is a good Netflix original... I like Trailer Park Boys, it's not really a "Netflix Original" but they ended up buying the rights for the show - same with Arrested Development, although the Netflix produced seasons for that are totally shite compared to how good that show was.

There's a lot of fairly averagish stuff on there but that's cos they have to churn out some much content.

Stranger Things (if you even need to be recommended this then please report this rock you've been living under to local authorities so no one else falls under it.)

Suits.

Orange Is The New Black.

Godless (highlight recommend, has Jack O'Connell).

Mindhunters.

Bloodline (highly recommend.)

Daredevil/Iron Fist/Jessica Jones/Luke Cage/The Defenders.

Lost In Space (highly recommend).

7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

A major starting point should be the Marvel shows. Daredevil s1. Jessica jones 1. Luke cage 1. Iron fist 1. Daredevil 2. Defenders. Punisher. Jess 2. Luke 2. Iron fist 2.

For me much more enjoyable than the movie world of marvel.

• Administrator

Safe.
Evil Genius
Suits
Bright (film)
James Acaster - Repertoire
House of Cards
Power
Shooter
Ozark
Mindhunter
Manhunt: Unabomber
Black Mirror
Daredevil
The Punisher
Luke Cage
Bloodline (first series is amazing)
Master of None
Defenders
Godless
Sacred Games
13 Reasons Why

They're all on 'My List'. Doesn't even scratch the surface on the sheer volume of stuff on Netflix but something to get you started :D 

• 5 months later...

Archived