• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2018/19 Football League > 21st-22nd August

football forum

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Shame Peacock-Farrell has got a cap for Northern Ireland already. Young prospect with lots of potential. Like the way he goes about his goal-keeping business for such a young lad. Reminds me of Pickford when he was making his name quite a few years back. Would have been fit for England. @Lucas

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

I've got the following in an accumulator...

Swindon (winning)
Accringtong (winning)
Derby (winning)
Benfica (winning)
Lincoln
Portsmouth
Doncaster

The bottom 3 are all drawing so a goal from those each nets me £96 off a 50p bet xD 

Come on!

Pompey and Lincoln are both up. Just one left for you 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Pompey and Lincoln are both up. Just one left for you 

Yep. I cashed out though when Portsmouth went ahead. Didn't fancy Doncaster netting a winner... (famous last words)

Just now, Stan said:

Peterborough score late on at Charlton to go 1 up, maintaing their 100% record so far.

League One is going to be a dog fight this year. Charlton, Petreborough, Sunderland, Pompey, and Barnsley. This league is loaded this year. 

Unreal effort tonight....Defense was on point tonight, midfield did great closing down space, and this was a special win as winning at the Mem is no easy tasks. So, after 4 matches, Pompey have 4 wins with away wins against Blackpool and Bristol Rovers, two stronger teams. 

PUP! 

Next up for us: Away to Doncaster Rovers

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

QPR -11 goal difference after only 4 games xD 

Oxford United are at -10 after 4....

Funnier with QPR, but you really have to get your ass kicked to be down so low in GD after the season just started. 

Also, I'm shocked to see Notts County bottom of the table in L2. I think I predicted them to win the damn thing and they currently have 1 point after 4 games. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

I might ordinarily find that terrible but Huddersfield are -8 after 2 games.

I might ordinarily find that terrible but they've played Chelsea and Man City.

Brilliant point for us all things considering. We were not at our best but we kept plugging away.

Losing the captain, Liam Cooper in the warm up after losing Pontus in training on Monday, left us with no recognised centre back. And it was a double whammy really because we lost out having to move Ayling onto centre back. Don't get me wrong, young Shackleton was decent, but all of Swansea's attacks were coming down his side and he isn't even a right back.

Swansea had the better of the game IMO. Leroy Fer's return was quite pivotal for them and he showed he's a great talent in this league. They really stopped us dictating the game as we had done in the previous three.

After going behind twice, I was happy with the character and response to get back in the game. I also liked Bielsa's willingness to change things straight away when they weren't working. Phillips lasted 25 minutes first half when we were dangerously overrun, and he was hauled off for Lewis Baker who improved things. Same with Alioski at HT, taken off because nothing was happening and replaced no questions asked.

Swansea will do alright, definitely impressed me and will get stronger. McBurnie will get goals. Not sure they will quite win it but I'd definitely give them a shout of playoffs.

21 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Meanwhile, loaned-out Yanic Wildschut has scored the winner for us twice already. Strange, this game.

We've got Birmingham at home, and my God I'd love us to stuff them - they've had far too much joy at our place in the past few years. Hopefully the Wednesday night dampens their numbers, the scenes they've managed to put on with a full stand have been impressive and infuriating in equal measure. 

While we're on a good run, Birmingham won't be pushovers. I think it will be a draw, 1-1. 

The way this club is run is a joke. (selling all the decent players, not buying any good ones, etc etc)

Couple that with a clueless manager, and you have a recipe for disaster. We've bought absolutely fucking nobody of mention, loaned out a couple of decent players, and have 0 squad depth.

The pundits said that Norwich would improve on last season's 14th, and I laughed. They said the squad depth was better. I laughed a lot more. They said the manager would improve, given its his 2nd year in English football, and I was hysterical. And I do need some of the stuff they've smoking, because believe me, this manager is absolutely dreadful. And so is the business.

All I now hope for is that we avoid relegation. And finish above Ipswich. :ph34r: Yes. Thats important.

Returning to the topic of Yanic, I dont know, he's done quite  bit of club hopping.

September 2014-October 2015 at M'Boro

October 15 to Jan 17 at Wigan (initially loaned, then bought for 1 Million, a steal, IMO)

Jan 17 to Jan 18 at Norwich Never really fit in, and we paid too much in the first place. 7 million

Loaned to cardiff, where he play in Jan 18 for the ret of the season, started like 5 games, looked underwhelming there as well

And now on loan to Bolton. Hopefully you'll take him off our hands. Ipswich, Wigan and Bolton were rumoured to be interested. No way we're selling anything to Ipswich, Wigan wnted him on loan, yeah, right, you want to loan a player who has already played for you. xD Wasn't going to happen, so Bolton it is. Kind of happy to see him finally find a place in the first team. Hope he manages to stick around for more than a year this time.

• The title was changed to 2018/19 Football League > 21st-22nd August
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived