• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2018/19 Football League > 21st-22nd August

football forum

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Villa have been all over Brentford for about 95% of this match so far.

just under 20 minutes to go and Brentford have only just had another shot on target through Yennaris since they scored.

16 minutes ago, Danny said:

Sounds like we need to make some changes, how are McEachran and Macleod getting on at centre mid? Feel like Woodsy or Mokotjo might come on.

they both got replaced. Grealish and Whelan were dominating them.

• Administrator

Bodvarsson scored 2 for Reading to put them 2-0 up at Blackburn in the first-half. The home side have scored 2 penalties by Charlie Mulgrew. 2-2 with 15 minutes left.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Villa have been all over Brentford for about 95% of this match so far.

just under 20 minutes to go and Brentford have only just had another shot on target through Yennaris since they scored.

they both got replaced. Grealish and Whelan were dominating them.

Didn't realise this was on tele over here ffs.

I'm not surprised, I would have gone with Woods and Mokotjo/Yennaris to start. Two games in a week against a direct/physical side.

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm more surprised at Wednesday beating Millwall. 

Stoke are a strong side that played EPL football last year...Wigan were in League One. 

Wednesday surprises me as well. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Stoke are a strong side that played EPL football last year...Wigan were in League One. 

Wednesday surprises me as well. 

so? Stoke aren't what they used to be. They've no organisation or discipline about them. too many players on big wages and no cohesion about them.

• Administrator

Brentford take the lead! Just like first half, they've scored against run of play. Maupay, ironically who could have seen red, potentially bags the winner...

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

What the fuck? Against the run of play? They've shat all over Villa here.

err, Villa have been all over Brentford for pretty much all the game. It's only the last 10 minutes (ish) where Villa have started to tire and Brentford getting back in to it.

Since I've been watching we've been in control of the game but that;s only been for ten minutes...still. Maupay you fox in the box, Watkins is such a player. When he wants he can piss all over this division. 5th goal for Maupay, 7th goal he's been involved with this season I believe.

Just now, Stan said:

err, Villa have been all over Brentford for pretty much all the game. It's only the last 10 minutes (ish) where Villa have started to tire and Brentford getting back in to it.

I've watched the second half and Villa have been poor on the counter. Brentford have dominated much of this second half.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Pure luck it bounces off of Mephams head as well, really had the chances to put the game to bed but two goals at Villa and a point is no bad result.

Those close-range chances you had when you were 2-1 up really should have been put away.

• The title was changed to 2018/19 Football League > 21st-22nd August
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived