talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Brentfjord - Official Premier League Topic

@Dan This is probably our best chance of making a push for it, plus we play some of the best football, if not the best football in the division. But then again Cardiff went up last season and they definitely don't play great football xD

I should be getting back from New Zealand midway through/towards the end of the season so if we do go up will get to witness it and witness it at Griffin Park which would be amazing. One of the biggest things I miss about England is going to Griffin Park, a small stadium but one of the best small stadiums around.

8 hours ago, Danny said:

To be honest mate I think we're beyond a surprise pick now, I doubt there will be many teams in this division that will clearly be better than us head to head and are chasing promotion and if they are, they'll probably make the automatics.

One playoff finish in God knows how many decades and regularly selling their best players. To an outsider, you're still a surprise candidate.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

One playoff finish in God knows how many decades and regularly selling their best players. To an outsider, you're still a surprise candidate.

To most people in this division I think we're a good shout.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

By the sounds of it you outplayed Stoke. That's no mean feat given the squad they have.

I don't think they'll be that hard to outplay this season. Says more about the Prem that most of their starting eleven were Prem players.

It's very early in the season but we've signed a gem in Said Benrahma, unfortunately not a lot of highlights on him with us but having watched him against Rotherham and Southend he's going to be make a name for himself this season. His first goal of the season for us at 2:22, longer highlights not available but spent the entire game tormenting Southend's defence.

3 hours ago, True Blue said:

Are you pleased with Brentford's start mate?

Yeah mate, only two games in the league and 4 points but last season we'd probably not have won 5-1 against Rotherham and probably would have lost out to Stoke rather than drew (though we should have won, all over them). We've got the strongest squad we've ever had and at this point we've still got Marcondes to come back as well. I think we'll surprise a lot of people this season. Not sure how consistent we'll be, but like I said before there will be times where we blow teams away with potentially the best football in the division, it's just a matter of how consistent we can be.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

You can select any club to manage from the main menu. Select "Start Career" and the choices should appear. 

yeah, exactly. even then Brentford would refuse him.

• 3 weeks later...

Transfer window finally over...happy with how it's ended. Lost an experienced, good but ageing centre back in Bjelland and replaced with Jeanvier from Ligue 2. Sold Egan and brought in Konsa who already fits the team and style of play better, whilst also being younger and having more potential.

Florian Jozefzoon was the biggest loss for me because he was starting to kick into gear, but he was only ever going to be here for a short amount of time based on his contract length and previous injury issues. Considering the early form of Watkins and Maupay his goals won't be a miss and Canos, Benrahma and Marcondes will all more than replace his output.

The big summer transfer was Ryan Woods, sold for £7m via a loan move and judging by the opening games we've not missed him being out of the side. Macleod, Yennaris and Mokotjo all provide a mix of creativity and physicality/defensive nous, and McEachran's passing range has really come out on show these last few games.

Overall a good starting eleven but a very strong squad.

Thought I'd put BFC news in here.

Thomas Frank will take over training, is the expected replacement for Dean Smith amongst fans.

Its a confusing time losing the man in charge, but I'm happy I live in a world where the likes of Mick McCarthy and Steve Bruce aren't considered genuine options xD

Edited by Danny

If Brentford choose not to promote within and look around the divisions, I actually think one man that could suit them down to the ground is Danny Cowley at Lincoln.

What he has done there so far is absolutely class, and they look a quality bet to continue their rise up the leagues this season in all.

He's very young but has taken to management like a duck to water and surely its only a matter of time before he's destined for bigger things.

Edited by Lucas

Hope the man with two first names, Thomas Frank, gets the job. I don’t know anything about him tbh but I suppose that’s part of the charm of Football, isn’t it? I mean, I’d rather see someone new given a go instead of the same names essentially backpacking around England and Wales being given job after job. 

• The title was changed to Brentford FC - Thomas Frank Hired as Head Coach
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Hope the man with two first names, Thomas Frank, gets the job. I don’t know anything about him tbh but I suppose that’s part of the charm of Football, isn’t it? I mean, I’d rather see someone new given a go instead of the same names essentially backpacking around England and Wales being given job after job. 

Spent most of his career managing youth teams, three years managing Brondby and has been with us for 1-2 years as assistant to Dean Smith.

Has been credited with for a lot of the work that has gone on to have us performing as we are so I think this will be a positive fit.

• Subscriber
On 15/10/2018 at 12:12, Lucas said:

If Brentford choose not to promote within and look around the divisions, I actually think one man that could suit them down to the ground is Danny Cowley at Lincoln.

What he has done there so far is absolutely class, and they look a quality bet to continue their rise up the leagues this season in all.

He's very young but has taken to management like a duck to water and surely its only a matter of time before he's destined for bigger things.

They playing awful football though - wouldn't work at Brentford I don't think 

Haha you’re not wrong. We’re a shambles really, seems losing the collective experience of Bjelland and Egan has troubled our backline.

We’ve got a lot of individual talent but for once the team hasn’t improved after a transfer window. Need some experience in there for me.

Frank took over a team already in a dodgy spell, but has definitely made things worse. I’m worrying that he’s not that adaptable because we’re going out in the same shape with a lot of the same players and his thought process is the younger players will play through this and eventually it’ll click. I’d like to see us revert to a back three, get Barbet or Jeanvier alongside Konsa and Mepham.

I don’t think we’ll be in a relegation place but being honest we’ve completely pissed up our promotion hopes, last season was so promising and we’ve moved backwards.

• Upvote 1

• The title was changed to FC Brentfjord - Messed up Automatic Promotion, Play-off Failure Here We Come!