talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Brentfjord - Official Premier League Topic

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

You'd fit in well amongst the Soviet's with this level of propaganda Stanley, but you'll still never be one of the greatest Premier League side EVER (yes I know you edited out the capitalised EVER from the title)

Your ignorance knows no bounds. I am a man of the people.

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

@Lucas since xG was first measured, there have only been two teams in the Championship that haven’t gone even though they’ve had the best xG for and against in the league and that was Leeds and Brentford.

What a surprise! xD Ah well, we got there in the end, and so will you fingers crossed.

Great chance this year whilst Bournemouth and Watford are pissing about.

Edited by Lucas

I imagine if Brentford cross the line this season they'll be similar to Brighton. 

In terms of ability/performances, Brighton were one of the best three teams in the division in 2015/16 but didn't gain promotion. That extra season in The Championship allowed them to prepare better for The Premiership. They felt like a Premiership team on gameweek one of the 2017/18 season without actually ever being one before.

You can see similarities in terms of infrastructure between Brighton then and Brentford now.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I imagine if Brentford cross the line this season they'll be similar to Brighton. 

In terms of ability/performances, Brighton were one of the best three teams in the division in 2015/16 but didn't gain promotion. That extra season in The Championship allowed them to prepare better for The Premiership. They felt like a Premiership team on gameweek one of the 2017/18 season without actually ever being one before.

You can see similarities in terms of infrastructure between Brighton then and Brentford now.

I think they'll be better.

We've played them in 2 cup ties twice in a year and, whilst they've been only 1 game in each season and with varying squads, you just had that feeling they could/would be well prepared if/when they get promoted. I might have downplayed their recruitment in the past but they've nailed it recently. It's probably better than a lot of Premier League clubs given the division they're in. Maupay, Watkins and now Toney - they know how to find a goalscorer and that'll serve them well if they get promoted this season. You get the feeling they're ready. They've come close last couple of seasons and like you say with Brighton, maybe that'll serve them well for when they do actually get promoted.

Just now, Stan said:

I think they'll be better.

We've played them in 2 cup ties twice in a year and, whilst they've been only 1 game in each season and with varying squads, you just had that feeling they could/would be well prepared if/when they get promoted. I might have downplayed their recruitment in the past but they've nailed it recently. It's probably better than a lot of Premier League clubs given the division they're in. Maupay, Watkins and now Toney - they know how to find a goalscorer and that'll serve them well if they get promoted this season. You get the feeling they're ready. They've come close last couple of seasons and like you say with Brighton, maybe that'll serve them well for when they do actually get promoted.

I imagine they'll be better too. Its no coincidence that the teams who use the data most efficiently in The Premier League are three of the best teams in the league (Liverpool, Man City and Leicester).

After Brighton's impressive first season somebody sanctioned some mad signings for a lot of money that's been a large cause of their recent stagnation (Izquieredo, Bernardo, Locadia, Jahankabash, Andone etc). Brentford's track record suggests the same thing will not happen with them.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I imagine they'll be better too. Its no coincidence that the teams who use the data most efficiently in The Premier League are three of the best teams in the league (Liverpool, Man City and Leicester).

After Brighton's impressive first season somebody sanctioned some mad signings for a lot of money that's been a large cause of their recent stagnation (Izquieredo, Bernardo, Locadia, Jahankabash, Andone etc). Brentford's track record suggests the same thing will not happen with them.

Ironically our owners and Brighton's owner have a bit of a rivalry going in the sports gambling/data analysis world

What makes this run really special is that hands down Christian Norgaard is our best midfielder, he is our Kalvin Phillips and more. He is so assured, so composed, reads the game so well, expects the very best and puts that out on the pitch. He has been injured pretty much all season. Vitally Janelt who has filled in his position, who is not necessarily a better player than Norgaard, has done so well this season that it’s very difficult to drop him.

Mads Bech Sorensen has stepped up to the plate massively and apart from the organisational and leadership skills that Pontus possesses, has pretty much put in close to very similar levels of performances Pontus would. And his passing has got better and better.

Two of our best defensive players are out injured and we’re still fucking smashing it. It just takes me back to calls last season that we bottled the end, a team that bottles that could never come back and perform again this season and put in the consistency of these performances. Absolute battlers and ballers on the pitch 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Start of the bottling?

No lol. We played tonight without two of our best centre backs and our best midfielder again, and it’s our second loss in 22 or 23 games in which chance for chance the night probably should have ended a 1-1 draw.

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

No lol. We played tonight without two of our best centre backs and our best midfielder again, and it’s our second loss in 22 or 23 games in which chance for chance the night probably should have ended a 1-1 draw.

All I see is excuses mate.

Looking forward to when Brentford is promoted to the top division, the tension in the air with the inevitable Chelsea derby, the Chelsea plastics not understanding that it's a derby, and the inevitable seething the Brentford fans will have.at being ignored and losing 7-0

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Looking forward to when Brentford is promoted to the top division, the tension in the air with the inevitable Chelsea derby, the Chelsea plastics not understanding that it's a derby, and the inevitable seething the Brentford fans will have.at being ignored and losing 7-0

Tbh a lot of proper Chelsea used to take their kids to Brentford back in the day as it was affordable and it kicked off the first time we played them in the Cup under Benham

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Tbh a lot of proper Chelsea used to take their kids to Brentford back in the day as it was affordable and it kicked off the first time we played them in the Cup under Benham

Also one game played since the 50s right?