talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Brentfjord - Official Premier League Topic

15 hours ago, Danny said:

According to the athletic and daily mail we have:

Had a £13m bid rejected for Kristoffer Ajer, would be a very Brentford signing.

Are in for Glen Kamara.

Also interested in Harry Wilson.

And then aside from that Frank Onyeka is still due to sign for us.

I'm surprised not every bottom half club have enquiried about the first two if they're available. I certainly wouldn't be upset if we landed either of them.

19 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm surprised not every bottom half club have enquiried about the first two if they're available. I certainly wouldn't be upset if we landed either of them.

I didn’t even realise Kamara was on the move, but Rangers did just bring in Lundstram so maybe preempting.

Feel like we’d have a better chance than most to sign Ajer with the Danish connection at our club, plus the new stadium will be a good pull though obviously there are much bigger clubs around

• 2 weeks later...

First game at the new stadium, honestly love it. So much more intimate in person than on Tele, love the roofs curving over the stands too to hold the atmosphere.

Game as a whole was fairly drab, West Ham won but probably weren’t the better side. With that said not a lot in it.

Shandon Baptiste made a massive impact, he was out all season last season to the point we forgot about him when talking about our midfield. Looked so good today, assured, dribbled with ease and hit the post from distance.

Halil Dervisoglu looked good as well, very nifty on the ball in the first half. Let’s see how he does this season.

Frank Onyeka also looked good first half, was everywhere.

Played most of the game without Norgaard, Toney, Mbeumo, no Jensen. But we looked good, looking forward to the season starting.

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

Still getting used to Premier League standard. Finding your feet... 

This is a brilliant video, Peter is a legend at the club. Of course he was one of the first Benrahma went to speak to when he visited on Saturday.

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2021/august/brentford-fc-statement---club-confirms-position-on-taking-the-knee-before-matches/

So our players, apart from Ivan Toney, will take the knee this season. I guess with how viewed the Premier League is vs the Championship some of the lads have changed their minds. Could also be to do with how certain fanbases have booed taking the knee, for example a section West Ham fans booed their players taking the knee on Saturday.

Ivan Toney specifically receives so much racist abuse on social media, can completely understand how the gesture can seem a bit hollow to someone who's still receiving so much abuse with fairly little change happening in the background.

• 1 month later...

Mountain out of a molehill time. Thomas Frank pre-Aston Villa spoke about Ronaldo and after calling him one of the best strikers in the world, said he's also not as good as he was and then compliments his attitude by saying "he'd probably be fuming if he heard me say that."

Then Mark Goldbridge tweets that Frank is "questioning Ronaldo" and now Twitter has fallen apart over what was about a 1 minute clip from a 30 minute interview recorded 2 weeks ago xD

Frank has had to dial back the straight talking Dane in him as West Brom and Leeds have previously shown how sensitive British people can be, apparently you can take the man out of Denmark but...xD

Queue a Ronaldo hattrick against us when we play them....but I wouldn't change Frank for anyone, a man perfectly suited for the Premier League.

• 2 months later...

I'm more bothered about my club having a gambling sponsor than changing the design every season to be honest. The kits are predominantly meant to be for Children who would get £50+ worth of use out of it over 12 months. Seeing them where a kit with a false sponsor seems counter-intuitive.

Thankfully it looks like gambling sponsors will be removed within the next 5+ years anyway.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Just don't be a cheapskate, problem solved. It's £50 ffs.

Not always so affordable though for every family. 

Even kids kits are stupidly expensive for some. 

Kids kits should be a lot cheaper. Not sure about other clubs but you're looking at about £100 for the full Liverpool home kit this season, that's ridiculous. That's before they want a name and number on the back.

Charge adults whatever you want because they shouldn't be wearing them anyway.

Edited by LFCMike
  • Upvote 1

The other thing with kits constantly changing every year is people are never happy.

Kit manufacturers have to show some kind of visable change. They either go for something completely different to the previous design which nearly always upsets many or look to tweak it and it's too boring and similar to what they had before.

I think if you at least got used to wearing the same strips two years on the trot, by the time new kits were released they would all feel a little fresher and people would be a bit more positive about them.

The internationals have it about right, seems to be a couple years before every tournament.

I also think for those that commit to a season ticket, they should get a shirt of their choice half price with the money they are already putting into the club, as a thankyou.

Edited by Lucas
  • Upvote 1

On 27/11/2021 at 08:51, LFCMike said:

Kids kits should be a lot cheaper. Not sure about other clubs but you're looking at about £100 for the full Liverpool home kit this season, that's ridiculous. That's before they want a name and number on the back.

Charge adults whatever you want because they shouldn't be wearing them anyway.

Ever since coming in this thread I'm getting adverts on the forum for Liverpool's 3rd goalkeeper kit at £70.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...