talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Brentfjord - Official Premier League Topic

This was a weird game for us, the game as a whole was very non-eventful and could easily have ended in a draw. Ethan Pinnock was withdrawn from this game as I get the feeling he's been running on fumes recently, the division is so tough and when you have Jansson out long-term and Goode out as well he becomes the main man to rely on. Winston Reid made his first start today, it was a good start and I think he's going to be good for us tbh. Just needs game time, today was his first full 90 and previously he's only played a couple of 10 minute spells.

We've just come off of the back of a defeat to Barnsley where we were outplayed, we upped the performance in the first half today and were the better side. We could have gone in 2-0 up and I think if we did then we win the game, but we didn't and here we are. Defensively we have been there to be had at by the opposition, Jansson getting injured has left a massive hole in our defence. The hope is Reid can come in and shore things up, I think he done that today, I think if you look at how they scored their goals, especially the first, it was a bit so and so in trying to get a head on the ball and then Sam Field comes in and just smashes what must have been a volley into the net. Just one of those you will concede.

I can't stress enough how we're lacking Pontus Jansson, how we're lacking Christian Norgaard, two of our best defensive players. It's tough to then rely on other players to try and pick up that slack, I think we've done extremely well whilst they've been out and it's a testament to the players and the club. There was no lack of bottle today, no courage, we've just been coasting on some poorer performances for a while with these high scoring games. We beat Boro 4-1, they could have scored 4 but also we could have scored 6 or 7. Wycombe done us with 2 before losing 7-2, Reading pinned us back and moments of magic from Dasilva won the game for us. We're just hitting a point where our general performance is beginning to be matched by our creation of chances and that is as of today and Sunday against Barnsley not a lot. Emiliano Marcondes has been out since January too, which means the midfield has been lighter than normal.

We have a bit of a storm to weather at the moment in terms of player fatigue, but we made less errors today than in previous games which is a good start. The performance just went from good in the first half to below standards in the second. We've been good for so long, we just need to get back to picking up draws instead of losses as that is what helped us build the foundations of our unbeaten run.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hope you get there as my Dad courted my Mother when he was working down London, and her family were Brentford fans, so he followed Brentford (Through gritted teeth - red and white stripes) and quite enjoyed it. But the gap between Prem and Championship seems to grow every year, and 2nd season is a killer as Sheff U found out. But good luck

2 hours ago, Phil Kennedy said:

Hope you get there as my Dad courted my Mother when he was working down London, and her family were Brentford fans, so he followed Brentford (Through gritted teeth - red and white stripes) and quite enjoyed it. But the gap between Prem and Championship seems to grow every year, and 2nd season is a killer as Sheff U found out. But good luck

personally would love to see Barnsley promoted.

3 hours ago, Phil Kennedy said:

Ha I bet that was tough for him, I’ve complete faith in our DoF’s and coaching staff that if we were to go up we’d stay up, or come back stronger for it after earning £100m.

Got to get through the play-offs first though which will be tough, Barnsley are a really good team. Bournemouth still have Premier League quality in them and Swansea are a bastard of a team to crack

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

I don’t know much about their players except for Ivan Toney, Who else is likely to step up and do well in the Premier league next season? 

Canos, Mbuemo, Jansson, Marcondes to name a few I reckon.