talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Brentfjord - Official Premier League Topic

It would not surprise me if we went back for Benrahma if the Rodrigo de Paul deal doesn't go through.

We've obviously targeted de Paul on the basis he is a higher calibre player but he's costlier and we need to fight off competition to get him. But its important to note our top journalist has said Leeds can afford him, so it's just about getting a fair price for everyone.

If that fails and no one has snapped up Benrahma at that point, I think we'll swoop in. But I know when we initially made enquiries we were put off by the price tag.

Certainly was the case for Watkins which was a shame but for an person that hasn't played top level, everyone has their price.

I feel like Villa are probably reaching that point with him now before they go back in for Wilson at Bournemouth.

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

It would not surprise me if we went back for Benrahma if the Rodrigo de Paul deal doesn't go through.

We've obviously targeted de Paul on the basis he is a higher calibre player but he's costlier and we need to fight off competition to get him. But its important to note our top journalist has said Leeds can afford him, so it's just about getting a fair price for everyone.

If that fails and no one has snapped up Benrahma at that point, I think we'll swoop in. But I know when we initially made enquiries we were put off by the price tag.

Certainly was the case for Watkins which was a shame but for an person that hasn't played top level, everyone has their price.

I feel like Villa are probably reaching that point with him now before they go back in for Wilson at Bournemouth.

For us we don’t need to sell them (at least I don’t believe we’re in need of making profits for FFP just yet) so can hold out till the end, I’d imagine eventually if we sell it’ll either be at our highest price for Watkins or just slightly lower

Feel like Benrahma will be £20m cash plus add-ons

Edited by Danny

• 1 month later...

A good win today against a tough side to beat away, once our injury list dries up we will be in a good position for the season.

We've had a mixed start but the good this is we're only 4 points behind the automatic spot so it's a healthy position to be in. We play a 3 man midfield which means we have 6 midfielders, of the 6 two have been injured and once has been in and out so with the tight schedule it's been difficult to stay consistent.

Ivan Toney stopped playing football in Feb/March so even though he's fit to play he is carrying an injury and we need to manage his game-time which is why he's consistently been subbed off for Marcus Forss who scored a lovely goal today. Forss has scored 6 or 7 goals already this season, we are not going to miss the goals from Benrahma and Watkins. Forss is a product of our B Team and could turn into the poster boy for it if he carries on this way, has been in great form.

Waiting for Jansson to come back into defence but Sorensen is doing a good job deputising.

I'm not sure how other teams are doing regarding injuries but most of our formations and subs have all been to protect players from injury. For example with Toney it's proven that the majority of injuries come in the last 15 of a game so that's when we bring him off. The coaches can see in training and matches how long a player keeps his foot on the floor for when running, the longer it is the more fatigued they are. When they're fatigued they get subbed off....very good handling of the squad and our games so far even if we haven't won nearly every game.

A quick post but one about our B Team and the benefits of it, it’s really starting to come along now. Both Mads Bech Sorensen and Marcus Forss are B Team graduates and have cemented themselves as starting 11 worthy, Sorensen looking as good as a partner can for Pinnock or Jansson and Forss banging the goals away though he’s gone a game or two since his last (we’ll let him off).

Away from those two we’ve got Mads Roerslev, Luca Racic, Jaakko Oksanen and Patrick Gunnarsson knocking about on loans or injured...I’d expect to see most, if not all of them in the first team over the next 6-12 months tbh

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Danny said:

@Dr. Gonzo your man Ghoddos has just signed a permanent deal with us till 2023 so even though he’s not made a huge impact the club definitely see something in him

Brentford officially Gonzo’s third favourite club side (behind LFC & Tranmere).

Hope his lack of an immediate impact is just growing pains in a new country and new league

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Brentford officially Gonzo’s third favourite club side (behind LFC & Tranmere).

Hope his lack of an immediate impact is just growing pains in a new country and new league

Yeah there’s a lot to adapt to, but he scored a lovely goal in the Cup against Boro and it was a nice turn before the finish

16 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yeah there’s a lot to adapt to, but he scored a lovely goal in the Cup against Boro and it was a nice turn before the finish

Yeah that was a very nice turn and finish. Maybe that’ll help him adjust to England a bit quicker 

17 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Didn't realise they're sixteen games unbeaten. Quietly going about their business. It would be nice to see them in the Premier League even if it means having to converse with @Danny more.

Don’t still be upset cos I called Palace boring xoxo

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Didn't realise they're sixteen games unbeaten. Quietly going about their business. It would be nice to see them in the Premier League even if it means having to converse with @Danny more.

Unbeaten in the league*

• 2 weeks later...