talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Brentfjord - Official Premier League Topic

We’ve not won in 5 now and whilst the automatics are mathematically possible I don’t believe we’ll catch Leeds up now, we’ve left too much of a job to do

Regardless of how frustrating it’s been recently to watch us underperform I couldn’t be happier with this current team tbh, Thomas Frank has kept us largely consistent throughout the season and the reason we’ve dropped off has been due to injuries to experienced leaders like Jansson and Mokotjo. Jansson/Pinnock partnership was the best in the league, without doubt. Mokotjo is not necessarily a sure starter every game but in battles against the likes of Forest and Leeds he’s well needed. An example of that is how he dominated the game at Elland Road last season singlehandedly. If we had him back I don’t think Kalvin Phillips has as easy a game as he did against us and the midfield battle is more even as opposed to Leeds running through us all night.

I think what we’ve learnt is that with this squad we need everyone fully fit to keep up with the automatics, I’ve no doubt we’ll get our shit together for a final run to stay in the play offs but Jansson especially brings that push and so does Mokotjo. I’ve not even mentioned Sergi Canos who has been a massive loss all season, his running is phenomenal and he adds another dimension to our team.

Unless you can afford to outright buy players who’ve made the jump to the Prem like a Fulham have done with some of theirs, you need players together consistently for a period of time challenging for this. I believe a lot of this Leeds team are probably on their third effort trying to crack the automatics whereas 4-8 players we signed have never played in the Championship, the rest have only ever known a late dash for the play offs. We’re in unchartered territory and it’s going to be difficult, of course it’s no wonder that we miss Pontus Jansson who’s experience at Leeds has boosted our standard level.

If we can get everyone fit and remain in the play offs then I think we’re as good as any team in there

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Danny said:

We’ve not won in 5 now and whilst the automatics are mathematically possible I don’t believe we’ll catch Leeds up now, we’ve left too much of a job to do

Regardless of how frustrating it’s been recently to watch us underperform I couldn’t be happier with this current team tbh, Thomas Frank has kept us largely consistent throughout the season and the reason we’ve dropped off has been due to injuries to experienced leaders like Jansson and Mokotjo. Jansson/Pinnock partnership was the best in the league, without doubt. Mokotjo is not necessarily a sure starter every game but in battles against the likes of Forest and Leeds he’s well needed. An example of that is how he dominated the game at Elland Road last season singlehandedly. If we had him back I don’t think Kalvin Phillips has as easy a game as he did against us and the midfield battle is more even as opposed to Leeds running through us all night.

I think what we’ve learnt is that with this squad we need everyone fully fit to keep up with the automatics, I’ve no doubt we’ll get our shit together for a final run to stay in the play offs but Jansson especially brings that push and so does Mokotjo. I’ve not even mentioned Sergi Canos who has been a massive loss all season, his running is phenomenal and he adds another dimension to our team.

Unless you can afford to outright buy players who’ve made the jump to the Prem like a Fulham have done with some of theirs, you need players together consistently for a period of time challenging for this. I believe a lot of this Leeds team are probably on their third effort trying to crack the automatics whereas 4-8 players we signed have never played in the Championship, the rest have only ever known a late dash for the play offs. We’re in unchartered territory and it’s going to be difficult, of course it’s no wonder that we miss Pontus Jansson who’s experience at Leeds has boosted our standard level.

If we can get everyone fit and remain in the play offs then I think we’re as good as any team in there

To be fair, there are 10 games to go and that is still a lot of time for things to happen. I'm certainly not ruling you out of the automatic chase yet.

Agree you'll be a huge danger in the playoffs for anyone, and I hope for that reason we can avoid that.

I don't rate your keeper much if I'm honest but there aren't many weaknesses to your team.

Only thing I could say is in the two games we played against you, especially the latter, we've dominated the ball (70% home, 67% away) and created double the chances, down to overpowing your midfield so perhaps you need to strengthen this area. I think losing Sawyers in the summer was probably more of a blow than you think.

But you aren't far away at all. West Brom are top and I don't think they are the best team in this league being honest but that's Football.

Edited by Lucas

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

To be fair, there are 10 games to go and that is still a lot of time for things to happen. I'm certainly not ruling you out of the automatic chase yet.

Agree you'll be a huge danger in the playoffs for anyone, and I hope for that reason we can avoid that.

I don't rate your keeper much if I'm honest but there aren't many weaknesses to your team.

Only thing I could say is in the two games we played against you, especially the latter, we've dominated the ball (70% home, 67% away) and created double the chances, down to overpowing your midfield so perhaps you need to strengthen this area.

But you aren't far away at all. West Brom are top and I don't think they are the best team in this league being honest but that's Football.

Raya is a good shot stopper and has good distribution but I feel like that's what goalkeeping at this level is, very good all round but massive clangers in them. It was the same when we had Bentley.

There's something in the midfield view but also we played you 4 games into the season with 5 players we'd only signed in the Summer and then played you again as our form dropped so I wouldn't be too hard on the team but one thing I have noticed is that Norgaard is a general and gets about defensively but also can pick a pass forward...then we have Dasilva who is a threat from long range and can gallop forward with the ball, Jensen who is a technician but neither Dasilva or Jensen have the defensive bite that Norgaard and Mokotjo have.

We're due to lose Mokotjo in the Summer as he's probably after a final payday and would fit right in at any club like Leeds, Forest, Fulham etc so I hope we can replace him with some bite. I've heard good things about Baptiste but haven't seen a whole lot, the dynamic of our midfield has changed since Sawyers left last year and whilst we've played well this season I think Sawyer's left a hole that we're still filling

19 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I literally said about Sawyers but I think you must have quote and wrote your post just as I'd fit that in. Agree anyway.

Haha just seen it now, yeah Sawyers is one of the best midfielders in the league and tbh the best in terms of his passing range and dictating play. Jensen is his immediate replacement and I think it might take Jensen some time, he’s got the skill and technique but the Championship is a very frantic division at times

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

@Danny thoughts?

I will fight any man born of his mother for the chance to put my dick inside it first.

Its difficult like that because it’s a. not finished, b. completely empty and c. video taken from a part of the ground barely anyone will see it from. Unless you’re building a massive stadium a small stadium will not look that great from that position. Also it’s taken on a camera phone so will distort what the actual view will look like and will make the smaller stands look further away than they are and also makes them look even smaller as you take away the natural peripheral view people have.

I think once we’re in there and it’s close to or sold out it’ll be nice, the corners will give the place a bit of character imo as theyre very small and will be something a bit different from most grounds. Tight, compact, close enough to the pitch though not as close as Griffin Park.

Its difficult to build a new small ground and have it drop jaws in the way Spurs’ ground did but I think it will turn into a grower rather than a shower 

Edited by Danny

Originally it was going to be double tiered behind the goals Spanish style and that would have made me jizz all over the shop but unfortunately due to Brexit, money and time constraints it wasn’t to be.

37 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Have they painted the seats a mish mash of colours to make it look like fans are there if there are empty seats?

That’s generally the reason that it’d look a better product on television, personally I don’t mind the mixture of colours and think a lot of stadiums around the world have done that look well

There is a consensus building that it was done to appease London Irish as they have struggled with attendances and it doesn’t look good when you see them on Tele at the Madejski.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

That’s generally the reason that it’d look a better product on television, personally I don’t mind the mixture of colours and think a lot of stadiums around the world have done that look well

There is a consensus building that it was done to appease London Irish as they have struggled with attendances and it doesn’t look good when you see them on Tele at the Madejski.

I didn't realise you had to share with a Rugby team.

That's gonna be shocking for your pitch and the way you play surely.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don’t really know, I know there are a lot of advancements with pitches these days and Reading shares with LI for years and their pitch never seems to be that bad. The general consensus from the club is that the pitch won’t be too badly effected but I’ve no idea 

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

We had that between ourselves and the Cardiff Blues when the City Stadium first opened. It was shit and the Blues left a couple of years after first sharing. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

EAT MY GOAL!

Aside from players in there mid thirties not getting worse and demanding 40k a week that was a good game.

Legendary game. 

Used to love the ball-trail back in the day for some weird reason. 

2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

We had that between ourselves and the Cardiff Blues when the City Stadium first opened. It was shit and the Blues left a couple of years after first sharing. 

Yeah I remember, your pitch was shocking. 

But you were playing long ball way before that mate ;)

• The title was changed to FC Brentfjord - Messed up Automatic Promotion, Play-off Failure Here We Come!