talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crime by Postcode

football forum

Been reading an awful lot about the recent rise of knife crime in our streets along with a number of other similar violent related attacks going on like that couple who got beaten with a hammer yesterday and are currently in a critical condition and wondered what the actual crime rates are in our postcode area because it seems that every time I read a bit of news there has been another vicious stabbing or robbery in broad daylight... The Government really need to get to grips with this and start coming down harder on people who just seem intent on harming others... I appreciate that you can never predict someones violent nature but there does not seem to be a sufficient deterrents or punishments in place to deal with it currently...  It needs dealing with properly

Anyway here is the Postcode checker for your area... 

https://www.crime-statistics.co.uk/postcode

This is mine for our local area... 

2lomyu.png

Be interesting to see the best and worst areas for crime currently.. 

* These reported crime rates were all within only 1 mile of the Postcode I entered but not sure what period of time this information has been gathered over.. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

My postcode had 853 crimes reported in June 2018.

Just over a third of those were ASB.

176 were violent/sexual offences which is quite worrying.

Bike theft, burglary, Criminal Damage, shoplifting, public order all around the 50 mark for each.

Drugs, weapon, vehicle crime all below that.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

My postcode had 853 crimes reported in June 2018.

Just over a third of those were ASB.

176 were violent/sexual offences which is quite worrying.

Bike theft, burglary, Criminal Damage, shoplifting, public order all around the 50 mark for each.

Drugs, weapon, vehicle crime all below that.

Yea, looking again mine was for the same period... 

462 crimes reported in June.

135 anti social, 116 violent. 56 vehicle theft. 36 other theft.

Where do you live Stan? 853 is double mine yet the violent/sexual crime is only 40 more. Guessing somewhere near a town centre?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Danny said:

462 crimes reported in June.

135 anti social, 116 violent. 56 vehicle theft. 36 other theft.

Where do you live Stan? 853 is double mine yet the violent/sexual crime is only 40 more. Guessing somewhere near a town centre?

pretty much in the middle of Bedford town, yeah. I'm within 1 mile of the main high street for town which obviously has a lot of pubs and shops, and a couple of night clubs. And in a different direction, within 1 mile of one of the dodgiest streets in Bedford called Midland Road - lots of ASB, drugs, violence probably originates from there or the streets just off it.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Mine had 52, mainly for violence and sexual offences. Awaits the first to say sexual offences with sheep

amazing how sheep can report crime these days.

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

1542 crimes in June.

I think most of them happen in McDonalds.

Agreed... When you look at the picture above the counter and compare it to what they actually hand you to eat I can well believe it... 

8 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Agreed... When you look at the picture above the counter and compare it to what they actually hand you to eat I can well believe it... 

It's enough to make you steal a bicycle.

On a serious note though my local McDonalds has a bouncer.

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

It's enough to make you steal a bicycle.

On a serious note though my local McDonalds has a bouncer.

11 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Most do. Fat cunts.

is it @Rafa Beneathus??

In Bedford our Subways have bouncers xD. I've noticed in the bigger cities/towns though McDonalds/KFC will have a bouncer on the door in the early hours of the morning at the weekend to stop all the cunts from wrecking the place in a drunken state.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Berserker said:

What's classified as anti-social behaviour?, insulting, spitting someone?, racism?, vandalism?

can range from things like harassment, verbal abuse, intimidation, loud noise complaints (people making noise, loud cars, loud music/TV), fighting in the street, vandalism etc.

Racism would come under hate crimes. 

ASB can be quite vague, though. The different kinds of ASB varies so much that it's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is or what defines something as ASB.

In the UK, this sheds more light https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Social_Behaviour,_Crime_and_Policing_Act_2014

1 hour ago, Stan said:

can range from things like harassment, verbal abuse, intimidation, loud noise complaints (people making noise, loud cars, loud music/TV), fighting in the street, vandalism etc.

Racism would come under hate crimes. 

ASB can be quite vague, though. The different kinds of ASB varies so much that it's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is or what defines something as ASB.

In the UK, this sheds more light https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Social_Behaviour,_Crime_and_Policing_Act_2014

Comes under the banner of anything that is 'unacceptable behavior that causes harm to an individual to their community or the environment' 

It's an awful lot of crime within just 1 mile of the postcode in just a month... and that is without all the stuff that nobody reports, I should imagine it's almost impossible to police effectively and when they do get someone for something the courts tend to give warnings, fines etc and then they are back on the streets bragging to their mates or on social media about it like it's a good thing... 

The daft stuff like drunk and disorderly are not such big crimes unless of course they turn seriously violent and you end up near killing someone.. We have all been a little bit worse for wear and loud especially in our younger years... A lot has to do with having so few police on the streets in general I think. When I was growing up you had a local bobby who knew all of you by name and he would always be stopping when he saw a group together just for a chat and sniffing out any potential trouble or wrong doing.. You had a lot more respect for police back then.. 

Then the SPG came along and changed all that... 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It's an awful lot of crime within just 1 mile of the postcode in just a month... and that is without all the stuff that nobody reports, I should imagine it's almost impossible to police effectively and when they do get someone for something the courts tend to give warnings, fines etc and then they are back on the streets bragging to their mates or on social media about it like it's a good thing... 

The daft stuff like drunk and disorderly are not such big crimes unless of course they turn seriously violent and you end up near killing someone.. We have all been a little bit worse for wear and loud especially in our younger years... A lot has to do with having so few police on the streets in general I think. When I was growing up you had a local bobby who knew all of you by name and he would always be stopping when he saw a group together just for a chat and sniffing out any potential trouble or wrong doing.. You had a lot more respect for police back then.. 

Then the SPG came along and changed all that... 

SPG?

In my line of work we liaise with police a lot and in my area (geographically), we used to have 2 PCSOs. With the well-documented police cuts, the PCSOs went and lo-and-behold, crime rates went up and neighbourhood disputes increased as well.

Where a PCSO would comfortably sort these things out, as they would be visible so the likelihood of anything happening in the first place would be low, the fact they are few and far between now geographically means people on the streets can get away with so much more without being caught. Not only does it make my job harder (!), it means the community and residents are less safe as something minor like a small argument can escalate so quickly these days. 

The other thing I've noticed is time it takes for police to respond or attend to something - even high-profile crime like physical violence or threats to kill etc. And that's not to discredit them at all - it's again purely based on the cuts that have been implemented and therefore less numbers available. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

SPG?

In my line of work we liaise with police a lot and in my area (geographically), we used to have 2 PCSOs. With the well-documented police cuts, the PCSOs went and lo-and-behold, crime rates went up and neighbourhood disputes increased as well.

Where a PCSO would comfortably sort these things out, as they would be visible so the likelihood of anything happening in the first place would be low, the fact they are few and far between now geographically means people on the streets can get away with so much more without being caught. Not only does it make my job harder (!), it means the community and residents are less safe as something minor like a small argument can escalate so quickly these days. 

The other thing I've noticed is time it takes for police to respond or attend to something - even high-profile crime like physical violence or threats to kill etc. And that's not to discredit them at all - it's again purely based on the cuts that have been implemented and therefore less numbers available. 

Special Patrol Group

They went from riding push bikes and the odd patrol car to driving around in Transit Vans with 2 or sometimes up to 6 officers in.. They were designed to deal with high level crime, Hooliganism etc but they were fuckers... Because they had special powers they could do stop and search on just about anyone regardless, they were abusive and intimidating and some of them carried arms, It was like they were always itching to get some action and didn't hesitate to get stuck in..  

It was like the worst officers they had were thrown into this group always looking to kick off at the slightest thing.. that's when your view of how the law can operate changes... 

Archived