talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crime by Postcode

football forum

14 hours ago, Stan said:

can range from things like harassment, verbal abuse, intimidation, loud noise complaints (people making noise, loud cars, loud music/TV), fighting in the street, vandalism etc.

Racism would come under hate crimes. 

ASB can be quite vague, though. The different kinds of ASB varies so much that it's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is or what defines something as ASB.

In the UK, this sheds more light https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Social_Behaviour,_Crime_and_Policing_Act_2014

Get bouncers at Subways round here, mostly for pissheads I guess.

My local Harvester has a bouncer 😂

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

So a mass brawl broke out between about 70 school kids in Uxbridge, videos of a man who tried to split a fight up getting beaten up himself circulating. Facebook going mental "bring back conscription, those kids need a slap, I slapped my kids and they turned out fine" and my favourite "bloody immigration!!"

I remember seeing similar stuff when I was at school, and most of the people moaning about poor parenting and immigration are old enough to have been around through football hooliganism and mods and rockers knocking shades out of each other.

People love a generational overrraction to kids being massive shits.

17 hours ago, Danny said:

So a mass brawl broke out between about 70 school kids in Uxbridge, videos of a man who tried to split a fight up getting beaten up himself circulating. Facebook going mental "bring back conscription, those kids need a slap, I slapped my kids and they turned out fine" and my favourite "bloody immigration!!"

I remember seeing similar stuff when I was at school, and most of the people moaning about poor parenting and immigration are old enough to have been around through football hooliganism and mods and rockers knocking shades out of each other.

People love a generational overrraction to kids being massive shits.

xD

I actually believe that some discipline in moderation teaches you respect... and by moderation I mean there is no harm in giving someone a proper thick ear when they give you loads of lip or are simply out of order but not beating kids to the point of abuse for example.. 

Image result for during the war uncle albert gif

All discipline started at home... If you lipped your parents you got a backhander pure and simple so you watched your P's & Q's, When you got to school teachers could whack you with a book or the ruler across the hands for being a tit in class or you could even get the cane...

Standing in the deputy heads office with 3 of your mates while he tried to identify the ringleader of some trouble was amusing and a gamble...They would be right in your face with their old fashioned pilots mustaches wiggling about and we would all be sniggering trying not to laugh and he would pluck 1 or 2 of you out for a caning and the other 2 could go... always amusing to wait for the 2 who got whacked... xD If you cut in the dinner line or tried to be clever around the seniors at school you could expect a snack in the mouth for your troubles... And if any of that made it's way back home or you had any brushes with the law then out came the belt... 

It didn't really do me any harm, It did teach me to respect my elders for example.. 

As you say.. back in  my day it was football hooliganism on the terraces and in the streets fighting if you were a mod a rocker or a skinhead... I am pretty sure the older generation didn't have much of a good word to say about us back then either... these things seem to keep circling round don't they, each generation doing it's own version of the same thing... 

• Administrator
On 12/09/2018 at 18:50, The Artful Dodger said:

Uxbridge is posh innit? My Nan lived down the road in Rusilip, which waas dead posh, and we used to go to the Chimes is it? for the pictures and that. 

I didn't find Uxbridge too posh, but Ruislip is. 

And yeah Chimes is the shopping centre in town. 

On 13/09/2018 at 05:50, The Artful Dodger said:

Uxbridge is posh innit? My Nan lived down the road in Rusilip, which waas dead posh, and we used to go to the Chimes is it? for the pictures and that. 

Na Uxbridge is definitely not posh 😂 It's a hub for surrounding areas like Hayes and West Drayton. It should be posh, probably was a few decades ago.

Ruislip in general is a nice area, but a weird mix between posh old people and what you'd call builder or burglar types. High Street is posh, area near RAF Northolt not so much.

Archived