talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crime by Postcode

football forum

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Bucket List... 

Peru

Haha crime rates are high but use common sense and you'll be good. I've yet to be mugged here and I go to dangerous districts all the time.

I expect it to happen to me one day, but thus far I've been fine.

Cusco is much safer anyways, which is where all the tourists go.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I entered my current address into a USA crime map and the results were pretty astounding. Pretty safe to say it's got all of the UK June 2018 stats beat.

I presume if you entered a Liverpool postcode all you'd get is 100% 'Theft from a vehicle' :ph34r: 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I presume if you entered a Liverpool postcode all you'd get is 100% 'Theft from a vehicle' :ph34r: 

My other ones a Merseyside one and it looks safer than everyone's but Josh's. Although a lot of burglaries lol.

9 hours ago, Stan said:

is it @Rafa Beneathus??

In Bedford our Subways have bouncers xD. I've noticed in the bigger cities/towns though McDonalds/KFC will have a bouncer on the door in the early hours of the morning at the weekend to stop all the cunts from wrecking the place in a drunken state.

The bouncer at mine is not for drunks it's because of the kids. Large groups tend to hang out there.

2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Mexicans, even worse. They are ruthless those cunts xD.

They're only really a problem if you're in a rival gang, most people won't ever be bothered by them. The real dangerous shite here in San Diego is the homeless people on meth that stab people and also murder other homeless people on the street - meth is a huge problem out here and so is homelessness, and the two problems are sort of intertwined.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

They're only really a problem if you're in a rival gang, most people won't ever be bothered by them. The real dangerous shite here in San Diego is the homeless people on meth that stab people and also murder other homeless people on the street - meth is a huge problem out here and so is homelessness, and the two problems are sort of intertwined.

Definitely, but the gangs are known for shooting each other often, which sends the crime rates soaring.

• Subscriber

The biggest and most common crime in my current place is trespassing cows xD 

Seriously though, any reliable stats are hard if not impossible to find here, but as much as I'm aware, there have been only two violent crimes in the last couple of years... One was a local farmer murdering a little girl after trying to rob her, and another was an American tourist on drugs who cut a masseuse's throat :( There is virtually no theft and burglary either, unlike in other cities in the country. The only thing to watch out for at night are snakes.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, nudge said:

The biggest and most common crime in my current place is trespassing cows xD 

Seriously though, any reliable stats are hard if not impossible to find here, but as much as I'm aware, there have been only two violent crimes in the last couple of years... One was a local farmer murdering a little girl after trying to rob her, and another was an American tourist on drugs who cut a masseuse's throat :( There is virtually no theft and burglary either, unlike in other cities in the country. The only thing to watch out for at night are snakes.

what's policing like though, in Vietnam?

Crimes might happen but just might not be reported properly, or is that too cynical...

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Stan said:

what's policing like though, in Vietnam?

Crimes might happen but just might not be reported properly, or is that too cynical...

I'm in Cambodia haha. Some crimes certainly don't get reported, and certain areas of bigger cities have their fair share of thefts, break-ins and petty crime (bag snatching, pickpocketing, scams, cons and the likes), but in general, it's a safe country and violent crimes are still quite rare, thankfully. I'm currently living in a small sleepy town, so it's very safe here in particular and if anything out of ordinary happens, you'll definitely know...

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm in Cambodia haha. Some crimes certainly don't get reported, and certain areas of bigger cities have their fair share of thefts, break-ins and petty crime (bag snatching, pickpocketing, scams, cons and the likes), but in general, it's a safe country and violent crimes are still quite rare, thankfully. I'm currently living in a small sleepy town, so it's very safe here in particular and if anything out of ordinary happens, you'll definitely know...

Cheers. But I asked about Vietnam :ph34r: 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Cheers. But I asked about Vietnam :ph34r: 

xD Well I'm not living there, ask Marc :P As much as I'm aware, Vietnam is similar in terms of safety (in fact the whole region is...), and the police there is probably better organised than it is here.

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

xD Well I'm not living there, ask Marc :P As much as I'm awareVietnam is similar in terms of safety (in fact the whole region is...), and the police there is probably better organised than it is here.

yeah I can imagine it's similar all around that area.

Have you ever been involved with the police?

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

yeah I can imagine it's similar all around that area.

Have you ever been involved with the police?

No, not really, other than being stopped by the traffic police a few times...

Archived