talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017/18 UEFA Awards

football forum

Who should win 2017/18 UEFA Player of the Year?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win 2017/18 UEFA Player of the Year?

• Luka Modric
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Mohammed Salah

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you can make a very strong case for Mexico as well. Despite the complete lack of faith for the national team this World Cup, they still made them feel like home in Russia.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I think you can make a very strong case for Mexico as well. Despite the complete lack of faith for the national team this World Cup, they still made them feel like home in Russia.

Heard Russia was a ghost town when the Argentine fans left 

Even saw a video of both Mexico and Argentina fans trying to out do the other with their songs and celebrations, to which the latter completely embarrassed the Mexican fans. 

• The title was changed to 2017/18 UEFA Awards

Your annual reminder that Modric came to Newcastle's training ground to meet Keegan, his agent was a big Keegan fan. Everything went positively, Keegan was convinced he was going to sign. Two days later Modric's agent met with the Newcastle hierarchy to discuss the workings of a deal (Llambais, Jimenez, Wise) who told him that they didn't think Modric was worth it and had doubts he would be good enough for the Premier League. His agent left the meeting fuming and Modric signed for Spurs two weeks later. Newcastle would instead sign Ignacio Gonzalez on loan as a favour for an agent in a very dodgy deal. When Keegan asked who the fuck this signing was he was told to look him up on youtube. Newcastle United would go on to get relegated that season.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Your annual reminder that Modric came to Newcastle's training ground to meet Keegan, his agent was a big Keegan fan. Everything went positively, Keegan was convinced he was going to sign. Two days later Modric's agent met with the Newcastle hierarchy to discuss the workings of a deal (Llambais, Jimenez, Wise) who told him that they didn't think Modric was worth it and had doubts he would be good enough for the Premier League. His agent left the meeting fuming and Modric signed for Spurs two weeks later. Newcastle would instead sign Ignacio Gonzalez on loan as a favour for an agent in a very dodgy deal. When Keegan asked who the fuck this signing was he was told to look him up on youtube. Newcastle United would go on to get relegated that season.

standard business then

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

That Salah award was a bit random. Would understand it if it was his goal against City or that one against Spurs for example and they did it to make sure he got something but the one against us was good but not that good.

It's not even in his top 10 goals for us xD

I thought that Salah goal was absolute class to be honest, It had everything, Dribbling, Pace, Strength and the finish to top it off. i dont know if it was deserving of being the winner but it was still a brilliant goal nonetheless.

on a different note i found it ridiculous how hazard got in the team of year ahead of him when you know he was much better than Hazard last season, makes me think hazard only got in because of his hattrick last week.

1 minute ago, UNORTHODOX said:

I thought that Salah goal was absolute class to be honest, It had everything, Dribbling, Pace, Strength and the finish to top it off. i dont know if it was deserving of being the winner but it was still a brilliant goal nonetheless.

It's a good goal, idk if it's a Puskas winner though.

Well... I suppose I do know if it is a Puskas winner... because it won. I feel like there are other Salah goals that demonstrate how good he is though. But this one's going in the history books... and it's against Everton so it's got that going for it.

3 hours ago, Machado said:

It's fan vote. Egypcians sure voted a lot. The best goal didn't win.

They really shouldn't let fans vote. This is the second inaccuracy in the same year. The first being when Negrete won the best World Cup goal of all time.

People from said nation will just vote, and the winner will go to whoever has the highest population. It's stupid.

Archived