talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

amo - Bring Me The Horizon

football forum

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to know more about it... like where will we be situated in the world? what will our surroundings be like?? Will I be gun toting guard ( if in America ) or iron bar wielding heavy ( UK ) to stop people from ever leaving?? Can I expect to be an abused or brainwashed member of the flock or do I get a decent position at the head of table???? What are our beliefs going to be?? Aliens? or a new World Order?? When we cut ourselves off from the outside world will we return to a Amish style way of living or are we keeping technology close by just in case.. 

Will we be growing dodgy plant life to help fund the weapons that we will need to fight it out with the law when they come?? or are you planning something that finishes us all off in the ultimate sacrifice before they even get there?? 

I will be honest as it stands now I am not all that keen, I don't want turn up finding out its just me and Balon locked in a cellar somewhere... There is only so much talk about where I can get the cheapest Hoover parts and which Tea Towel has the best patterns and value for money... 

13 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I need to know more about it... like where will we be situated in the world? what will our surroundings be like?? Will I be gun toting guard ( if in America ) or iron bar wielding heavy ( UK ) to stop people from ever leaving?? Can I expect to be an abused or brainwashed member of the flock or do I get a decent position at the head of table???? What are our beliefs going to be?? Aliens? or a new World Order?? When we cut ourselves off from the outside world will we return to a Amish style way of living or are we keeping technology close by just in case.. 

Will we be growing dodgy plant life to help fund the weapons that we will need to fight it out with the law when they come?? or are you planning something that finishes us all off in the ultimate sacrifice before they even get there?? 

I will be honest as it stands now I am not all that keen, I don't want turn up finding out its just me and Balon locked in a cellar somewhere... There is only so much talk about where I can get the cheapest Hoover parts and which Tea Towel has the best patterns and value for money... 

What??

This thread is confusing.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Machado said:

What??

This thread is confusing.

The original title was 'do you want to start a cult with me?' which are lyrics from Bring Me The Horizon's new song to promote their new album. 

I think Bluewolf has responded to that not having a clue who Bring Me The Horizon are. Then, the evil bastard that he is, @Cannabischanged the title so now @Bluewolf's post makes no sense in the context of the thread.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

The original title was 'do you want to start a cult with me?' which are lyrics from Bring Me The Horizon's new song to promote their new album. 

I think Bluewolf has responded to that not having a clue who Bring Me The Horizon are. Then, the evil bastard that he is, @Cannabischanged the title so now @Bluewolf's post makes no sense in the context of the thread.

Actually I responded before realising it was in the music thread... xD I thought it was just one of his daft threads... I only noticed it was music related  because I posted a video shortly after in there and saw this in there as well... couldn't be bothered to delete it.. 

Hopefully everything that was confusing has now become clear... 

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Actually I responded before realising it was in the music thread... xD I thought it was just one of his daft threads... I only noticed it was music related  because I posted a video shortly after in there and saw this in there as well... couldn't be bothered to delete it.. 

Hopefully everything that was confusing has now become clear... 

Understandable tbf

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Thoughts on the new album? Released today.

Listening to it now. The intro is good xD

Favourite songs are Mantra, Wonderful LifeSugar Honey Ice & Tea.

Nihilist Blues sounds like it'll come on at 2am in a club in Ibiza or something. Got that rave feel about it. 'Ouch' seems like what would be created soon after that rave.

Needs a few more listens, I think. Every song is different and it's not your typical BMTH sound. Seems like they've experimented a lot and trying to find a new sound while keeping the influence of their earlier and heavier stuff. Medicine is probably the most BMTH-esque song, something you'd immediately associate them with. 

Quite a few songs are a bit clubby, bass-heavy and not your standard heavy rock you'd expect from a band like them. 

Got a mix of The 1975 and Linkin Park vibe about it. 

@Cannabis @Rick @6666

football forum

Mrs has ordered the CD for me so I've been avoiding it on Spotify and not reading any reactions. I'm being honest when I say that I've liked every song that they've released leading up to amo, even nihilist blues which is so far away from the likes of their early material. 

MANTRA was great but could have easily been on That's the Spirit, wonderful life was a bit more out there with a good cameo from Dani Filth that I thought I wouldn't dig. medicine was the first jump to new territory but I like it, has a great sound. 

The lyrics in mother tongue are class and that's what I really like in songs, bonus points for including Portuguese too. nihilist blues would have shocked me but I watched an interview with Oli and he said that it was proper "out there" so I was ready for the vibe it had. 

Can't wait to listen to be honest, think it's going to be class. 

football forum

Listened to this about six times from start to finish and it's fucking class. Not for everyone perhaps but I'm proper into it, a boss album to stand alongside the likes of Sempiternal and That's The Spirit, arguably beating both. 

i apologise if you feel something: Will be a class intro live, not much else to say here really as that's in essence what it is. They've been playing it as the opening track on the US tour so can expect the same when they come over to the UK, following it up with... 

MANTRA: Class song that is the transition from TTS. Probably unfairly judged as it's been out for months now, hard to take it alongside the other new tracks when I've played it to death on Spotify over the past couple of months. Can understand why they released this first as it's a safe bet, pleasing those fans that liked the old stuff. 

nihilist blues (ft. Grimes): Hahahaha, was expecting something out there after listening to an interview with Oli. He basically said that he loves the song (it's his favourite apparently) but that he was scared of putting it out as he had no idea who it would appeal to. I was a bit like, what the fuck? After listening to it for the first time but it's arguably one of my favourites after listening to it again and again. Can 100% see it being remixed and turned into a proper club tune, will be such a headfuck seeing a BMTH track being boomed out to LSD tripping clubbers in Ibiza. 

in the dark: Another that throws back to the TTS era, love the girl singing on this. Haunting in a way, but class. I don't think it will be played live because I just don't think it would be energetic enough but a nice change of pace after the screaming and balling of MANTRA and the mad vibes of nihilist blues. 

wonderful life (ft. Dani Filth): File under MANTRA, a boss single but a hard one to judge considering it's been out since 2018. Not a fan of Cradle of Filth at all but it's a good cameo from Dani, funny to know that the opening lyrics where Oli forgets what he's on about was 100% genuine and kept in because of the irony alongside the theme of the song. Will be class in an arena once things get going, could have a proper decent pit for it. 

ouch: Nice interlude, again, a welcome change of pace leading into...

medicine: Catchy as fuck electronics here. Boss lyrics too (hence why it's made its way into my signature). Obviously poking a jibe at Oli's ex-wife which adds a bit extra to the song. The video was a proper headfuck at first though although has become something iconic. 

sugar honey ice & tea: Arguably one of my favourites, a proper slick sound on this. The usual BMTH lyrics too similar to wonderful life, can see this getting a bit heavy when played live, one of those songs that comes into its own when the speaker is turned up to 11. 

why you gotta kick me when i'm down?: I don't know why but this feels like an extended interlude to me, don't think it will be played live but a good song to be played on the album version. Seems like a bit of a slowing own of pace after shi&t. 

fresh bruises: A trippy kinda' sound on this and again it feels as though the album is winding out until mother tongue pops up next. One of those sounds that could be mashed up and used as an interlude before a proper heavy song like House of Wolves or Antivist. 

mother tongue: Sick chorus, gets bonus points for having Portuguese. Class lyrics. 

heavy metal: Boss sound on this one like nihalist, another great link up this time with Rahzel who I'll admit I'd never heard of until this dropped. Yet again another track that could be proper heavy live if they wanted to. A welcome return to the electro feel of the album after the previous numbers. 

i don't know what to say: Decent outro, like the orchestra at the end.

tl;dr - 10/10.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

You like pineapple on pizza so your opinion is already invalidated.

Well, you like edgelord Jared Leto. One of the most arrogant, pretentious and weirdest motherfuckers around :ph34r:

football forum
10 hours ago, Tommy said:

No wonder you're so grumpy all the time listening to this emo music :ph34r:

I will cut you. 

And myself :ph34r:

• Administrator

I've often found recently when listening to music that if I really like it, it isn't just determined on how much I like listening to the music whenever it's on, it's how much I want to listen to it when I'm not able to. 

Amo does just that - if I'm at work or out and about, I have the songs in my head and want to be listening to it :x

It's exceeded my expectations. 

Archived