Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Reddit


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I know we have a few members on here who use reddit with @Spike a particular enthusiast. Thought we could have a thread where people can share which sub reddits they find the most interesting/cool/weird.

Once or twice I've procrastinated by hitting the random sub reddit button and there's some really fucking weird and creepy stuff out there. If you're bored take a look at /r/incels and /r/TheRedPill - oddly fascinating and unnerving.

In terms of normal stuff I follow a lot of subreddits based on shows and sports I'm interested in mostly as well as /r/sex which has some genuinely quite interesting content from people from time to time and isn't at all pornographic believe it or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sign up to remove this ad.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

So I know we have a few members on here who use reddit with @Spike a particular enthusiast. Thought we could have a thread where people can share which sub reddits they find the most interesting/cool/weird.

Once or twice I've procrastinated by hitting the random sub reddit button and there's some really fucking weird and creepy stuff out there. If you're bored take a look at /r/incels and /r/TheRedPill - oddly fascinating and unnerving.

In terms of normal stuff I follow a lot of subreddits based on shows and sports I'm interested in mostly as well as /r/sex which has some genuinely quite interesting content from people from time to time and isn't at all pornographic believe it or not.

Very funny. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In all serious, I use it exclusively for finding streams and occasional torrents. I dislike the format for open discussion on there, the lack of anonymity, gigantic userbase, and circle-jerking brings out the worst of BBS/forums/imageboards.

I usually just google 'x sport streams reddit'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The incel subreddit is weirdly hilarious, gonna check out the red pill in a second - but my guess is it's like the fucking MAGA idiots who talk about being "redpilled" and therefore are more inclined to be morons.

The subreddit I go on the most is /r/guitar & /r/guitarcirclejerk - because I like guitars, so they're something I'm interested in reading about/looking at constantly. And then the circlejerk subreddit does a great job mocking all of the stupid shite you'll see on the guitar subreddit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The incel subreddit is weirdly hilarious, gonna check out the red pill in a second - but my guess is it's like the fucking MAGA idiots who talk about being "redpilled" and therefore are more inclined to be morons.

The subreddit I go on the most is /r/guitar & /r/guitarcirclejerk - because I like guitars, so they're something I'm interested in reading about/looking at constantly. And then the circlejerk subreddit does a great job mocking all of the stupid shite you'll see on the guitar subreddit.

Talking shit about being redpilled...cringe and blue pilled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reddit's good for communities that aren't big enough to sustain themselves in the 'outside world' and for communities that really need a good dose of casualness and perspective. For example, I visit the Phoenix Rising FC subreddit from time to time as well as some like r/coffee and r/android. I cannot stress enough how fucking unbearable the latter two communities are outside of reddit because everyone takes it so goddamn seriously. That's not to say it doesn't get like that on the respective subreddits, but they are more laid back and sensible.

I echo @Spike's concerns about the nature of discussion over there, though. It's circlejerk city, which means larger communities with universal appeal (r/soccer, for example) can be pretty terrible.

Edited by Burning Gold
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Reddit's good for communities that aren't big enough to sustain themselves in the 'outside world' and for communities that really need a good dose of casualness and perspective. For example, I visit the Phoenix Rising FC subreddit from time to time as well as some like r/coffee and r/android. I cannot stress enough how fucking unbearable the latter two communities are outside of reddit because everyone takes it so goddamn seriously. That's not to say it doesn't get like that on the respective subreddits, but they are more laid back and sensible.

I echo @Spike's concerns about the nature of discussion over there, though. It's circlejerk city, which means larger communities with universal appeal (r/soccer, for example) can be pretty terrible.

Back when I tried using reddit, years ago; I was posting on a hockey subreddit and I mentioned how I thought one player was overweight and would be better if he trimmed down. I was attacked by about a dozens members, downvoted, and told that I make them sick, that I would pretend to know anything about hockey. What the fuck!? Fuck off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Spike said:

Back when I tried using reddit, years ago; I was posting on a hockey subreddit and I mentioned how I thought one player was overweight and would be better if he trimmed down. I was attacked by about a dozens members, downvoted, and told that I make them sick, that I would pretend to know anything about hockey. What the fuck!? Fuck off.

You're talking with 13 year old kids generally, wouldn't expect much else xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use reddit for their football streams... that's about it though, had a wander around as you do but it's a bit like a gadget shop.. every now and then it's like "oooh look at that!" but nothing that holds your attention for more than a few minutes.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't post there, but I'm subscribed to and regularly read quite a few subreddits. Mostly various racing series, a few specific country subs, football and motorsports streams and replays, and a lot of science/history/technology/engineering ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Sign up to remove this ad.


×
×
  • Create New...