Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

La Liga - Week 2 Fixtures - 24th-27th August 2018


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • The topic was pinned
Sign up to remove this ad.

Might be soon but I think Luis Advincula will start this weekend. Unless he's that unfamiliar with the system that he can't, Toni got eaten alive this past matchday and I think it sets a good ground for Advincula to have that clear right back position for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Stan said:

why are Huesca playing 2 away games to start the season? They beat Eibar away at the weekend which was a great result in itself anyway. 

There's always a joker in the pack to match out the mirrored fixtures for both halves of the season. There's been talk of doing it like in the Premier League as a pure draw so I'm not sure what's happening to be honest.  Valencia were the joker last season if I remember rightly.

@Kowabunga

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Might be soon but I think Luis Advincula will start this weekend. Unless he's that unfamiliar with the system that he can't, Toni got eaten alive this past matchday and I think it sets a good ground for Advincula to have that clear right back position for him.

I hope we see the unchained version of Advíncula at Rayo Vallecano. We shall begin to call him Sinevincula then. Great player.

Edited by Kowabunga
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two games on today...

GETAFE CF v SD EIBAR (19:15 bst)

CD LEGANÉS v REAL SOCIEDAD (21:15 bst)

 

My interest lies in how La Real starts this season under Eusebio. There are some sensitive injuries they have to cope with at the start of this season but they really do have to show something this campaign considering their size and support in Spain. It's now been too long with promoted clubs even doing better than them in recent years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Two games on today...

GETAFE CF v SD EIBAR (19:15 bst)

CD LEGANÉS v REAL SOCIEDAD (21:15 bst)

 

My interest lies in how La Real starts this season under Eusebio. There are some sensitive injuries they have to cope with at the start of this season but they really do have to show something this campaign considering their size and support in Spain. It's now been too long with promoted clubs even doing better than them in recent years.

Eusebio was sacked by Real Sociedad in around February. Their manager is now Asier Garitano mate xD

 

It will be a tough season for them this year for me having just lost Xabi Prieto, who has retired(what a player he was) and also losing the likes of Odriozola.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Eusebio was sacked by Real Sociedad in around February. Their manager is now Asier Garitano mate xD

 

It will be a tough season for them this year for me having just lost Xabi Prieto, who has retired(what a player he was) and also losing the likes of Odriozola.

xD

Garitano!!! Sorry hahaha

Oyarzabal and Agirretxe could be both out which is a blow. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching Leganes - La Real yesterday made me think when will this VAR be used anyways
clear penalty for Leganes on 1:2,NOTHING.Not even consultation with the people behind the screens.
it was a clear penalty

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Slobi said:

Watching Leganes - La Real yesterday made me think when will this VAR be used anyways
clear penalty for Leganes on 1:2,NOTHING.Not even consultation with the people behind the screens.
it was a clear penalty

Welcome to the forum. Totally agree with you on that one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Atleti 1-0 up with 65 mins played. Griezmann. 

Rayo had two very good chances later in the game (Oblak did a huge save). Atlético was affected from not playing Koke from the start. Correa did interesting things though, Rodri and Saúl had so-so games.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Valladolid have marvellous transition on the counter-attack, multiple times they've cut Barcelona up and had the ball in a dangerous spot. They just lack the quality to make it count. The difference a player like Jamie Vardy would make. It could be a 2-0 if they had a forward like him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

Valladolid have marvellous transition on the counter-attack, multiple times they've cut Barcelona up and had the ball in a dangerous spot. They just lack the quality to make it count. The difference a player like Jamie Vardy would make. It could be a 2-0 if they had a forward like him.

Agreed. They broke at lightning speed and then the player chose to switch the player but over-cooked it and it went out for a throw xD 

Barca have come close a couple of times but just needed some composure from Dembele. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

commentators were just saying the pitch was only laid this week despite the last game of last season being at the start of June. So they've had 2 months to get it sorted but only acted this week to get the pitch laid in. There was no-way it was gonna survive xD 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My word what a finish to the game. Valladolid score in the 93rd minute to equalise but its ultimately ruled out (correctly) due to the scorer being offside. Right decision but cruel one for the home side as they deserved a point for all the spirit and desire they showed. As well as some nice periods of play too. But not quite enough quality to make a real difference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like Real Valladolid are gonna get punished quite hard from the rumours that came out last night from the LFP.

Apparently they were warned not to re-lay the pitch seeing as they hadn't done it two months ago when they sent in the certificates to the governing body to start the work. Infact the team apparently had intense training sessions in a northern beach days before the game.  The LFP are waiting for an official complaint from FC Barcelona which apparently won't come, so the punishment won't be closure of the stadium which would've been on the cards if Barça complained.  I suppose the victory helped 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of the pitches in Spain are like 50s pitches at the best of times, but that was just ridiculous last night xD

 

Good to see Dembele being decisive again. He still has to improve his allround game and his end product, but he's improving all the time and slowly starting to slow his worth now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Some of the pitches in Spain are like 50s pitches at the best of times, but that was just ridiculous last night xD

 

Good to see Dembele being decisive again. He still has to improve his allround game and his end product, but he's improving all the time and slowly starting to slow his worth now.

Listening to the president of Real Valladolid last night on Spanish radio it makes you wonder what sort of people are presiding over Spain's top division clubs.

According to him those in charge were unaware that laying a new pitch a few days before a game would effect the stability of the pitch and that they had done a light training session the day before to test it.  :dam:

He added that he fully understands everyone's reaction and that they'll take any punishment passed their way. 

Valverde only said that he was happier that there were no injuries than the result.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...