• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 2 Fixtures - 24th-27th August 2018

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be soon but I think Luis Advincula will start this weekend. Unless he's that unfamiliar with the system that he can't, Toni got eaten alive this past matchday and I think it sets a good ground for Advincula to have that clear right back position for him.

43 minutes ago, Stan said:

why are Huesca playing 2 away games to start the season? They beat Eibar away at the weekend which was a great result in itself anyway. 

There's always a joker in the pack to match out the mirrored fixtures for both halves of the season. There's been talk of doing it like in the Premier League as a pure draw so I'm not sure what's happening to be honest.  Valencia were the joker last season if I remember rightly.

@Kowabunga

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Might be soon but I think Luis Advincula will start this weekend. Unless he's that unfamiliar with the system that he can't, Toni got eaten alive this past matchday and I think it sets a good ground for Advincula to have that clear right back position for him.

I hope we see the unchained version of Advíncula at Rayo Vallecano. We shall begin to call him Sinevincula then. Great player.

Two games on today...

GETAFE CF v SD EIBAR (19:15 bst)

CD LEGANÉS v REAL SOCIEDAD (21:15 bst)

My interest lies in how La Real starts this season under Eusebio. There are some sensitive injuries they have to cope with at the start of this season but they really do have to show something this campaign considering their size and support in Spain. It's now been too long with promoted clubs even doing better than them in recent years.

21 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Two games on today...

GETAFE CF v SD EIBAR (19:15 bst)

CD LEGANÉS v REAL SOCIEDAD (21:15 bst)

My interest lies in how La Real starts this season under Eusebio. There are some sensitive injuries they have to cope with at the start of this season but they really do have to show something this campaign considering their size and support in Spain. It's now been too long with promoted clubs even doing better than them in recent years.

Eusebio was sacked by Real Sociedad in around February. Their manager is now Asier Garitano mate xD

It will be a tough season for them this year for me having just lost Xabi Prieto, who has retired(what a player he was) and also losing the likes of Odriozola.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Eusebio was sacked by Real Sociedad in around February. Their manager is now Asier Garitano mate xD

It will be a tough season for them this year for me having just lost Xabi Prieto, who has retired(what a player he was) and also losing the likes of Odriozola.

xD

Garitano!!! Sorry hahaha

Oyarzabal and Agirretxe could be both out which is a blow. 

Watching Leganes - La Real yesterday made me think when will this VAR be used anyways
clear penalty for Leganes on 1:2,NOTHING.Not even consultation with the people behind the screens.
it was a clear penalty

27 minutes ago, Slobi said:

Watching Leganes - La Real yesterday made me think when will this VAR be used anyways
clear penalty for Leganes on 1:2,NOTHING.Not even consultation with the people behind the screens.
it was a clear penalty

Welcome to the forum. Totally agree with you on that one.

30 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Atleti 1-0 up with 65 mins played. Griezmann. 

Rayo had two very good chances later in the game (Oblak did a huge save). Atlético was affected from not playing Koke from the start. Correa did interesting things though, Rodri and Saúl had so-so games.

Valladolid have marvellous transition on the counter-attack, multiple times they've cut Barcelona up and had the ball in a dangerous spot. They just lack the quality to make it count. The difference a player like Jamie Vardy would make. It could be a 2-0 if they had a forward like him.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Spike said:

Valladolid have marvellous transition on the counter-attack, multiple times they've cut Barcelona up and had the ball in a dangerous spot. They just lack the quality to make it count. The difference a player like Jamie Vardy would make. It could be a 2-0 if they had a forward like him.

Agreed. They broke at lightning speed and then the player chose to switch the player but over-cooked it and it went out for a throw xD 

Barca have come close a couple of times but just needed some composure from Dembele. 

• Administrator

commentators were just saying the pitch was only laid this week despite the last game of last season being at the start of June. So they've had 2 months to get it sorted but only acted this week to get the pitch laid in. There was no-way it was gonna survive xD 

• Administrator

My word what a finish to the game. Valladolid score in the 93rd minute to equalise but its ultimately ruled out (correctly) due to the scorer being offside. Right decision but cruel one for the home side as they deserved a point for all the spirit and desire they showed. As well as some nice periods of play too. But not quite enough quality to make a real difference. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived