talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 2 Fixtures - 24th-27th August 2018

football forum

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like Real Valladolid are gonna get punished quite hard from the rumours that came out last night from the LFP.

Apparently they were warned not to re-lay the pitch seeing as they hadn't done it two months ago when they sent in the certificates to the governing body to start the work. Infact the team apparently had intense training sessions in a northern beach days before the game.  The LFP are waiting for an official complaint from FC Barcelona which apparently won't come, so the punishment won't be closure of the stadium which would've been on the cards if Barça complained.  I suppose the victory helped 

Some of the pitches in Spain are like 50s pitches at the best of times, but that was just ridiculous last night xD

Good to see Dembele being decisive again. He still has to improve his allround game and his end product, but he's improving all the time and slowly starting to slow his worth now.

3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Some of the pitches in Spain are like 50s pitches at the best of times, but that was just ridiculous last night xD

Good to see Dembele being decisive again. He still has to improve his allround game and his end product, but he's improving all the time and slowly starting to slow his worth now.

Listening to the president of Real Valladolid last night on Spanish radio it makes you wonder what sort of people are presiding over Spain's top division clubs.

According to him those in charge were unaware that laying a new pitch a few days before a game would effect the stability of the pitch and that they had done a light training session the day before to test it.  :dam:

He added that he fully understands everyone's reaction and that they'll take any punishment passed their way. 

Valverde only said that he was happier that there were no injuries than the result.

Another penalty for Real Madrid that Benzemá puts away to make it 1-2 for the away side.

Girona should've taken advantage in the first half when they were all over Real and had plenty of chances to make it 2-0.  You forgive and you get punished although there's a cutting edge missing from this Real Madrid side, they do look more composed than under Zidane.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Love my alerts especially when they go all ultra right wing on me.

@Kowabunga

D1CFE180-A369-42F5-B003-423C77345C31.png

That's the traditional exonym in the Spanish language for the city officially (and endonymically) called "Girona". A bit odd when referred to the team, not the city, though. But a line below, "Motilivi" (sic)... that is indeed a grave mistake...

6 hours ago, Kowabunga said:

That's the traditional exonym in the Spanish language for the city officially (and endonymically) called "Girona". A bit odd when referred to the team, not the city, though. But a line below, "Motilivi" (sic)... that is indeed a grave mistake...

It's disgusting mate.  It's not a mistake because they knew what they were doing by going back to the old name of the city and on top of that with a football club.

Its things like this that cause the big damage with everyday people, but with a newspaper?

The state of Real Valladolid's pitch on Saturday was absolutely atrocious...I'm just happy that we managed to make it out of a very tough away fixture on a potato field of a pitch with the win and more importantly with none of our players getting hurt!

Proud of Dembele, he put in a great shift and was the difference between the two sides in the end...hopefully this is his season to really explode and show his worth, which he's already beginning to do! 

This time VAR saved us and on another night it may very well work against us, but I'm really happy to have it in La Liga!

1 hour ago, FCBNick said:

The state of Real Valladolid's pitch on Saturday was absolutely atrocious...I'm just happy that we managed to make it out of a very tough away fixture on a potato field of a pitch with the win and more importantly with none of our players getting hurt!

Proud of Dembele, he put in a great shift and was the difference between the two sides in the end...hopefully this is his season to really explode and show his worth, which he's already beginning to do! 

This time VAR saved us and on another night it may very well work against us, but I'm really happy to have it in La Liga!

VAR didn't save Barcelona mate, an offside goal saved Barça and only the fact that parity has now arrived to the dreadful refereeing in Spain that we will see justice in whatever shape or form.  If Barcelona get hurt by one of those decisions, let's hope it's like this one was where it should've been overturned because the fact is it was offside.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Results tonight which close week 2 in La Liga;

LEVANTE UD 1-2 RC CELTA VIGO (FT)

ATHLETIC CLUB BILBAO 2-2 SD HUESCA (FT)

Bilbao??!! It's disgusting mate. It's not a mistake because you knew what you were doing by going back to the carpetano-vettonic "Bilbao" nonsense and on top of that without a modicum of moderation (all caps!!!). The Athletic is the Athletic. Period. Don't go ultra right wing on me again, huh?

It's things like this that cause the big damage with everyday people, but with a renowned poster?

1 hour ago, Kowabunga said:

Bilbao??!! It's disgusting mate. It's not a mistake because you knew what you were doing by going back to the carpetano-vettonic "Bilbao" nonsense and on top of that without a modicum of moderation (all caps!!!). The Athletic is the Athletic. Period. Don't go ultra right wing on me again, huh?

It's things like this that cause the big damage with everyday people, but with a renowned poster?

xD

I've  their whole name as it shows in my app mate but I get what you're on about.  To be perfect it'd be Athletic Club (period).

But what ABC done was premeditated. But hey... It's their problem, they're the ones burning inside for some reason.

• The topic was unpinned
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

What the actual fuck was up with Valladolids pitch the other night. The state of that..

They'd laid the new pitch just three days previous which is nowhere near enough. The normal amount of time is between 3 weeks to a month for bedding in.

Barcelona have got another problem where they're due to meet La Real (Real Sociedad) very soon and have just started laying their new pitch yesterday.

Archived