• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Panna King

Ødegaard leaves Real Madrid for another Eredivisie loan

Recommended Posts

Today, nearly 48 months after joining Real Madrid as a 16-year-old, Odegaard has made more loan moves away from the club (2) than first-team starts (1 – 2016, in the Copa del Rey round of 32). The Norwegian has not yet made his La Liga debut.

Madrid announced on Tuesday that the 19-year-old has joined Eredivisie side Vitesse on a season-long loan. Odegaard most recently spent a season and a half on loan to Heerenveen, eighth-place finishers in the Dutch first division last season. He scored three goals in 38 league appearances over 18 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good to see that dream move is working out for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Stan said:

good to see that dream move is working out for him. 

He was average at best when he was playing for Heerenveen but they were forced to play him all the time due to a clause in the loan contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Oh how he must rue the day he pissed Zidane off.

He pissed everyone off at Real Madrid and not just Zidane. Zidane is gone and Lopetegui is 100% a coach that bets on youth which wouldv benefitted him. The fact he’s been loaned out again says that there are many issues surrounding Ødegaard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Panna King said:

Today, nearly 48 months after joining Real Madrid as a 16-year-old, Odegaard has made more loan moves away from the club (2) than first-team starts (1 – 2016, in the Copa del Rey round of 32)

This isn't actually unusual for an 18 year old. I dont know this story and it sounds like the lad deserves some sort of criticism but using this as evidence strikes me as odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

He pissed everyone off at Real Madrid and not just Zidane. Zidane is gone and Lopetegui is 100% a coach that bets on youth which wouldv benefitted him. The fact he’s been loaned out again says that there are many issues surrounding Ødegaard. 

I think it's only logical for him to be loaned again. But another year in the Dutch league is however a more dubious move, in my humble opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kowabunga said:

I think it's only logical for him to be loaned again. But another year in the Dutch league is however a more dubious move, in my humble opinion.

Indeed the Eredivisie isn’t what it once was and you get the feeling that even if he were to dominate that league a club like Real Madrid would probably stay dubious these days with Florentino Pérez. But in all honesty I would’ve thought that someone like Julen Lopetegui would’ve bet on him if there was anything in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vinicius Junior has been sent to Real Madrid Castilla now too.

Maybe I'm just being impatient and expect things immediately, but they spent 46M on him to send him to Castilla? I get he might not be apt for the first team yet, but that's what loans are for. He's the next Odegaard if that's the case.

Despicable club they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/08/2018 at 21:18, SirBalon said:

Indeed the Eredivisie isn’t what it once was and you get the feeling that even if he were to dominate that league a club like Real Madrid would probably stay dubious these days with Florentino Pérez. But in all honesty I would’ve thought that someone like Julen Lopetegui would’ve bet on him if there was anything in it. 

Well he hasn't really made any impression in The Eredivisie and its quite funny he has joined Vittesse who take anyone on loan :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Blue said:

Vinicius Junior has been sent to Real Madrid Castilla now too.

Maybe I'm just being impatient and expect things immediately, but they spent 46M on him to send him to Castilla? I get he might not be apt for the first team yet, but that's what loans are for. He's the next Odegaard if that's the case.

Despicable club they are.

Lopetegui tried him out and even though the news released had make-up put on it, the youth development technical team gave him pretty bad marks. Infact one senior member is supposed to have said "they've given us another Robinho".  He's been sent to Castilla because he isn't anywhere near tactically disciplined enough to play in elite football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SirBalon said:

Lopetegui tried him out and even though the news released had make-up put on it, the youth development technical team gave him pretty bad marks. Infact one senior member is supposed to have said "they've given us another Robinho".  He's been sent to Castilla because he isn't anywhere near tactically disciplined enough to play in elite football. 

That's what happens when you spend 46M on a 16 year old. Flamengo should be charged for robbery. Brilliant business from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

That's what happens when you spend 46M on a 16 year old. Flamengo should be charged for robbery. Brilliant business from them.

Technically Vinicius is brilliant... But everyone knows about freestyle magicians of the ball... Most of them aren't good footballer's which is a whole different thing. It reminds me of Betis over two decades ago when they broke the transfer world record (yes, Betis) to sign a young player called Denilson... I remember one coach (I think it was Javier Clemente) showing him how to take free-kicks like a professional footballer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lad's 16 and it's Real Madrid. I think we can wait and see how that one goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The lad's 16 and it's Real Madrid. I think we can wait and see how that one goes.

For sure and I agree with that. But Real Madrid signed him for €46m presenting him as a premium player (Galáctico) as if he was the next big thing.  One day he may be that but right now he's been demoted down to the 'B' side with all sorts of negative reports being leaked.

This is my problem with big European clubs buying young talent from their home when they should be evolving where they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement