talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

My Annual relegation thread

It's April. April means some poor bastards are getting relegated real soon, but holy shit things are tight in the middle. The auto relegations are all but settled, but so much dross is fighting for that fabled 3rd spot.

The danger zone is currently made up of..

18. Darmstadt - 15pts. Aids for goal difference. Done and dusted these guys are going back to the second division. Nothing against them, but they have been rubbish with a reasonable roster.

17. Ingolstadt - 22pts -18gd. Look gone, that's what you get for playing with shite like Leckie.

16. FC Augsburg - 29pts -16gd. Not in great form, and a possible favorite to finish in the spot they currently occupy. Would be happy to see them drop, they have ugly kits :ph34r:

15. Mainz - 29pts -9gd. Mainz never go down. I am sure they aren't worried.

14. Hamburg - 30pts -21gd. The other favorite to finish 3rd last. Please go away you twats. Insufferable cunts won this week. Fuck my life.

13. Wolfsburg - 30pts -11gd. Surely too much cash to go down. Surely too much Gomez to go down. But here they are... Will they stare at the abyss too long?

12. Bremen - 32pts. -7gd. Rich vein of form, the baller swag kings of yolo will march on for another season of mediocrity.

11. Bayer Neverkusen - 32pts -3gd. Weird all these rich pricks down here. Probs won't go down but worth watching.

I will set the cut off there, but don't be surprised if Schalke or Freiburg get sucked into this messy whirlpool.

This next matchday...

Dortmund host Hamburg. Remember that time Dortmund lost to Hoff to keep them in the league? I do, make up for it here you a-holes.

Bremen vs Schalke. Can Werder even be defeated at the minute? Dubious. Schalke should be afraid.

Mainz play Leipzig. Mainz will be looking for a point, Leipzig will be looking for 3.

Augsburg play Ingolstadt. 6pt game. A win for Ingolstadt and there is a glimmer of hope. A loss and I think that's all she wrote. Augsburg will desperately want to take all 3pts

Bayer play Darmstadt. Darmstadt aren't in bold because they aren't contenders, they are down. But Leverkusen will greedily take the points here.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This matchdays results are in!

Dortmund beat HSV 3-0 to keep them where they belong

Bremen won at home to Schalke 3-0, Bremen are out of the battle for now.

Mainz excruciatingly lost 2-3 to RBL, Mainz stay in deep trouble

Augsburg LOST!!!! At home to Ingolstadt. 2-3 HUGE result, there is life in Ingolstadt yet!

Bayer won 2-0 to pull away from the danger for now.

Frieburgs 1-0 victory away to Wolfsburg mean we have a new relegation contender. Welcome to the fold Volkswagen

The table as it stands.

18th Darmstadt 15pts. Goal difference of an indoor team, and getting worse each week.

17th Ingolstadt 25pts. -17gd

16th Augsburg 29pts -17gd

15th Mainz 29pts -10gd

14th Hamburger 30pts -24gd

13th Wolfsburg 30pts -12gd

This weekend...

Schalke host Wolfsburg. Looks a tough fixture for Mario Gomezs hair, but he will do what he can to look fabulous and carry the team to victory

Hamburg play the Hoff. A home game, but a tough one. Can't see them winning

Freiburg vs Mainz Mainz will be getting desperate here, Freiburg will be on a high after their away win.

Hertha play Augsburg. How do Augsburg even win this game? Will be near impossible after Hertha lost today

Ingolstadt vs Darmstadt Ingolstadt will have to win this one, and if they do they will be a point away from safety! They looked gone before last night!

See ya'll soon with updates on how these dross teams perform!

I rather like this Ingolstadt team, so I do hope they get out of this mess.

I think Darmstadt is a done deal. Mainz could be in some real trouble with how they are performing at the moment.

I like Ingolstadt and i kinda want them. Being Safe but its gonna bè a difficult race. 

For the 16th Place its gonna bè a mess i tjink mainz augusbrg or Wolfsburg Will bè there . Too bad freiburg won i font like them. 

Take a look in eintracht as they are starting to fall. Wouldnt bè surprised to see them going closer to that part

On 4/5/2017 at 9:40 PM, Tanksie said:

That is why Wolfsburg should go down.

Precisely.

Really hoping (realistically) that it will be 18. Darmstadt 17. Ingolstadt 16. Wolfsburg. Augsburg looks down n out though, and their remaining schedule isn't particularly forgiving. They've pulled some incredible survival runs at the end though in the recent past, so I wouldn't put it past them. A win at Frankfurt or Gladbach, who won't have much to play for at that point, is not beyond reason. 

So excited for HSV @ Bremen next weekend. Not really a "relegation" battle per se, but of course a win for either side would do much to comfort any thought of the possibility, especially for Bremen what with almost pushing for Europa places at this point. The turnaround of North Germany has culminated to this, and I'm pumped for it. 

• Subscriber

Aww, he's finally arrived :x welcome back, hehe. Just in time for the derby thrashing :whistling:

Darmstadt are definitely gone, but Ingolstadt still have a glimmer of hope, especially with Augsburg, Mainz and Wolfsburg being rubbish. If they manage to win against Wolfsburg on Saturday, it could get very interesting. 

51 minutes ago, Chadwell said:

Precisely.

Really hoping (realistically) that it will be 18. Darmstadt 17. Ingolstadt 16. Wolfsburg. Augsburg looks down n out though, and their remaining schedule isn't particularly forgiving. They've pulled some incredible survival runs at the end though in the recent past, so I wouldn't put it past them. A win at Frankfurt or Gladbach, who won't have much to play for at that point, is not beyond reason. 

So excited for HSV @ Bremen next weekend. Not really a "relegation" battle per se, but of course a win for either side would do much to comfort any thought of the possibility, especially for Bremen what with almost pushing for Europa places at this point. The turnaround of North Germany has culminated to this, and I'm pumped for it. 

There you are! Welcome Chadwick xD

55 minutes ago, nudge said:

Aww, he's finally arrived :x welcome back, hehe. Just in time for the derby thrashing :whistling:

Darmstadt are definitely gone, but Ingolstadt still have a glimmer of hope, especially with Augsburg, Mainz and Wolfsburg being rubbish. If they manage to win against Wolfsburg on Saturday, it could get very interesting. 

Haha we'll see about that, missy. So excited for this match. The turnaround of both sides only to culminate in an end of season brawl like this is just sporting perfection. I admittedly would feel much better about it were it at home given we've won 7 of our last 8 in the Volkpark, but at least it'll give your wankers in green a chance ;)

Yeah, Ingolstadt hosting Wolfsburg will undoubtedly be a big one next week. Hoping for a draw, but Wolfsburg losing would be hi-larious xD

7 minutes ago, Chadwell said:

Cheers pal! Good to see ya again! Looking like we've got us a decent lil team over there in Hotlanta B|

Yes sir. Away points at Seattle and Toronto aren't shabby.

23 minutes ago, Stan said:

Welcome over to TF365, @Chadwell:)

Reckon it'll go down to the last day for your team's survival hopes?

Really not sure tbh. Since the beginning of February, in league play HSV has only lost two matches, both away to Bayern and Dortmund. Granted, both were smackings, but regardless our form in the Rückrunde has been quite good. On paper, our remaining schedule looks yet more favorable, but it's also against other sides who will be desperate for survival. We'll see. Would love to be feeling comfortable by the end of the month, but our upcoming game in Bremen will undoubtedly be tough, if not our very toughest remaining game. We lose, and I could see it breaking the spirit of our players. Much easier to shrug off losses to Bayern and Dortmund and pick up the pieces, but losing to Bremen could really take the wind out of the sails, methinks. 

Solid matchday, not too many surprises.

Schalke stomped Wolfsburg 4-1. Wolfsburg are right in this race for a spot in the highly acclaimed second division

Hamburg did what Dortmund could not and defeated Hoffenheim 2-1. Cunts.

Freiburg beat Mainz 1-0.

Hertha won at home to Augsburg 2-0. Augsburgs form is horrid

Ingolstadt made it look hard, but won 3-2 hosting Darmstadt

The table as it stands

Darmstadt 15pts(still) -37gd. Form - LWLLL

Ingolstadt 28pts -16dg. Form - LLWWW

Augsburg 29pts -19gd. Form - LDLLL

Mainz 29pts -11gd. Form - LDLLL

Wolfsburg 30pts -11gd. Form - WDDLL

Hamburg 33pts -23gd. Form - WDWLD

This week....

Mainz host Hertha. Mainz are in deep shit here, and starting to sink

Augsburg play Koln. #prayforaugsburg

Bremen will crush Hamburg at home, nothing to see here folks

And in a 6pter Wolfsburg host Ingolstadt.

Let the hunger games begin.

• Administrator

Wolfsburg vs Ingolstadt the big game that stands out there. 

For the neutral, an Ingolstadt win would make the relegation picture continue and make it more intense. 

Just did a calculator, had Darmstadt to go down with 16pts, Mainz with 29pts (getting no more points all season) and Augsburg safe on 32, with Ingolstadt finishing 3rd last on 31pts, as they have a stupidly bad run in. When I fucked around with it to give Ingolstadt some leeway and Mainz some form Wolfsburg went down, with Mainz 3rd last.

Things look bad for Mainz

Well Sheeetttttttt

What a matchweek! No one wants to be relegated it seems! How did our featured games come along?

Mainz defeated Hertha!!! In what is probably the biggest upset of the round Mainz defended stoically and took all 3pts. Maybe they saw my prediction.

Augsburg beak Koln 2-1!!!! Another shock result that sees Augsburg twitching with life. Had they beaten Ingolstadt the other week we could probably bet our houses on the bottom 2, but Augsburg want to do this the hard way

Bremen predictably beat Hamburg, who were decent on the day. Hamburg had room to give but so many teams winning rather than drawing or losing narrows dat gap

Wolfsburg do not want to go down at all, beating Ingolstadt 3-0

Also Darmstadt won 2-1. Good for them.

The table as it stands...

Darmstadt 18pts WLLLW

Ingolstadt 28pts LWWWL

Augsburg 32pts DLLLW

Mainz 32pts DLLLW

Hamburger 33pts WLDWL

Wolfsburg 33pts DDLLW

In our next matchweek

Bayern host Mainz. Uh oh.

Hertha host Wolfsburg. Uh oh

Hamburg play Darmstadt. Must win game for Hamburg, and they will create some distance with the drop with 3pts here

Ingolstadt play Bremen. At least they are at home but this does not look good on paper.

Frankfurt play Augsburg. An away fixture, but a reasonable one. Augsburg have to show some character here.

The matchweek isn't over, but our featured matches are! So here are the results.

Bayern were held, at home even, by mighty Mainz. 2-2 the final score, Strong result considering the other results of the day

Hertha defeated Wolfsburg 1-0

Hamburg were edge out by Darmstadt, if they end up going down they will look back on this result with shame. Darmstadt stave off relegation for another week

Cheating, vile Ingolstadt, whos hobbies include diving and conning referees, were treated to their just deserts by Bremen in a 4-2 loss. DIAHF cunts

Augsburg showed exactly no character in a 3-1 loss in Frankfurt

This takes us to our table!!!

Darmstadt 21pts LLLWW

Ingolstadt 28pts WWWLL

Augsburg 32pts LLLWL

Mainz 33pts LLLWD

Hamburger 33pts LDWLL

Wolfsburg 33pts DLLWL

Next matchweek...

Mainz host Gladbach. Winnable home game? We shall see. But Mainz, who looked most poised to go down a fortnight ago have found some form at the right time

Leipzig will play Ingolstadt. Leipzig will want to pressure Bayern at the top. This is a rough game for Ingolstadt.

Wolfsburg host Bayern. Could we actually see Wolfsburg go down here? Lets hope so.

And in our match of the round Augsburg host Hamburg. Are either team even capable of winning a game? 3pts is huge and is up for grabs.

Will this matchweek finally shed some light on our end of season placings?

Archived