talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

My Annual relegation thread

Welcome to hell, where the demons are goals conceded and no one deserves salvation.

The matchday results are in! Good news for some, wasting disease for others.

Mainz lost by a goal, 1-2 to Gladbach. Yuck result for Mainz, who stay in acute danger for the moment

Leipzig held Ingolstadt to a 0-0 draw. While not an awful result, it doesn't Ingolstadt many favors either.

Bayern Munich put 6 unanswered goals past Wolfsburg!!!! Huge result at the bottom!

And only one team decided to turn up to our relegation 6 pointer as Augsburg hammered Hamburg 4-0.

And this week we welcome Bayer Leverkusen to hell, as their 4-1 loss to Schalke puts them in a tricky spot

The table

Darmstadt 24pts -32GD

Ingolstadt 29pts -21GD

Hamburger 33pts -29GD

Wolfsburg 33pts -19GD

Mainz 33pts -11GD

Augsburg 35pts -16GD

Leverkusen 36pts -6GD

What fun trials and tribulations does our next match weekend bring us?

Gladbach host Augsburg. Not an easy game for Augsburg, but they seem to want safety more than the others.

Ingolstadt play Leverkusen. Leverkusen will want to win at home obviously, condemning Ingolstadt to probably relegation while saving themselves.

Frankfurt play Wolfsburg. Not an easy fixture for VW. Is this the season they drift into oblivion?

BIG 6 POINTER! Hamburg host Mainz. If this game has a winner it should really go a long way towards the safety of the victor. Biggest match of the round.

Will this be the week Darmstadt go down? Will it be Hamburger or Wolfsburg who occupy that dreaded orange spot in a weeks time? I am keen to find out!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Wolfsburg going down would be fun indeed.

As for Hamburg, I'm a bit torn. While I'd love to see them relegated at last (not only due to the rivalry, but because they really do fucking deserve it), I think that instead of a chance of a complete overhaul and a fresh start, that would be nothing short of a death sentence for them. I have a feeling that if they went down, they'd be falling apart completely and nobody would be able to stop the downward spiral. Definitely don't want that to happen; despite of extreme mismanagement for years, Hamburg are a proper club and I would miss the Nordderby.

I am gonna give some prediction

Ingolsdadt needs to play both Schalke and Leverkusen. I don't think they will end up winning those 2 games .Plus the Freiburg look hard. I predict 1 draw and 2 losses for them. TOTAL :30

Hamburg has a big chance against Mainz and I think they will pick at least one point, they might lose at gelsenkirken, and they have the big game to Wolfsburg where I think they'll win. TOTAL:37

Wolfsburg play 2 away game at frankfurt and hamburg. I think they'll win the game at home vs gladbach. Total:36

Mainz has Hamburg which might be a draw, then they'll play Eintracht and koln. I think they will pick 5 points. Total: 38

Leverkusen has Ingolsdadt, Koln and Hrtha away. Hard fixtures. I think they'll score 4 points. Total:40

Augusburg has Gladbach, BVB and Hoffenheim lol. The last 2 will fight for ucl spot. I think they'll get two points. Total:37

Another week, another set of results. Some surprising, some disappointing, some dead boring.

Augsburg stole a point at Gladbach. Solid 1-1 result, and made all the more important by the points picked up by the teams around them.

Ingolstadt held Bayer for a point. 1-1 was the final score, but this one feels a bit bad for both teams as 3 points would have saved Bayer, and been even more important for FCI

Wolfsburg beat Frankfurt 2-0 away from home! Huge result for the wolves, and now with a 2 pt buffer on the drop they will feel better than they have in weeks.

Hamburg were left bitterly disappointed at home, as they failed to score in a 0-0 draw with Mainz. Better result for the away side here as it leave Hamburg occupying the drop zone for another week.

Also worth a mention, Darmstadt are officially gone. Losing 1-0 to champions Bayern resigns them to the second division

Here is how our table looks.

Darmstadt 24pts -33GD - RELEGATED

Ingolstadt 30pts -21GD

Hamburger 34pts -29GD

Mainz 34pts -11GD

Wolfsburg 36pts -17GD

Augsburg 36pts -16GD

Leverkusen 37pts -6GD

Next weekend....

Bayer host Koln. Even 1 pt here surely sees Bayer safe, they will be looking for all 3 and a happy end to the season however.

Schalke play Hamburger. Schalke are big favorites at home here, but Hamburg will be desperate.

Mainz vs Frankfurt. Mainz at home must surely do the business. That would likely see them safe for the season. Frankfurt may still hold out hope for European football however.

Wolfsburg will host Gladbach. Another seemingly winnable home game, as Gladbach are safe, and have little to play for aside from the cup final.

Augsburg play Dortmund. Not an easy game, and if the other teams get the job done Augsburg may find themselves in a tight spot.

Freiburg vs Ingolstadt seems a tricky one for the visitors. Not looking good for Die Schanzer here.

Brace your anus. This is tight.

4 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Gladbach are safe, and have little to play for aside from the cup final.

3 points behind an Europa League spot with two games left. I'd say they play for that. And cup final? 

Just now, Tanksie said:

Doesn't their being in the cup final guarantee them the Europa spot anyway?

Frankfurt are in the cup final, mate :P

• Subscriber
On 5/9/2017 at 2:17 AM, londonerlilie said:

I think this fits in here. A farewell video from The Lilies to the Bundesliga!

Amazing farewell video... It's clubs like Darmstadt that keep football alive and accessible to every fan; not the likes of the rich and successful but soulless corporate entities. Kopf hoch, and I hope to see you back in the first division as soon as possible!

P.S. I hope Heiko Westermann rumour is true :D 

On 5/10/2017 at 6:29 PM, nudge said:

Amazing farewell video... It's clubs like Darmstadt that keep football alive and accessible to every fan; not the likes of the rich and successful but soulless corporate entities. Kopf hoch, and I hope to see you back in the first division as soon as possible!

P.S. I hope Heiko Westermann rumour is true :D 

Couldn't agree more! WIth Frings, hopefully the following season! :D

Turns out it was just eine Ente! (Zum Glueck)

It's the final countdown!!!! And what a set of results we have for you!!!!

Bayer Leverkusen had a 2-2 draw with Koln. Bayer Leverkusen are now SAFE . Good on them.

Mainz hosted Frankfurt, beat them 4-2 and are now SAFE.

Wolfsburg were held to a 1-1 draw by Gladbach. Wolfsburgs fate goes down to the final day!

Augsburgs point at home to Dortmund sees them SAFE!!! 1-1 was the final result.

Freiburg held Ingolstadt to a 1-1 draw. Ingolstadt are RELEGATED  with 1 match to play. Get rekt you shite.

Schalke messed up bad against Hamburg, being held to a 1-1 draw. Which due to other results means there is only 1 relevant match next week.

Darmstadt 24pts -35GD - RELEGATED

Ingolstadt 31pts -21GD - RELEGATED

Hamburger 35pts -29GD

Wolfsburg 37pts -17GD

Next matchday... Hamburger host Wolfsburg. This is it. Winner takes all. A draw keeps the Wolves in the league, a Hamburger win extends the dinosaurs life.

Ladies and Gentlemen of north Germany, get ready to hold your colour.

1 hour ago, Tanksie said:

Disagree, Augsburg are far from being safe. They got 37 points  and -16GD.

If Hamburg wins against Wolfsburg with one goals and they´re beaten in Hoffenheim by three or more goals it´s them who have to play relegation play offs.

• Subscriber

Fucking hell, love it when it comes down to one game. It's like Palace v Hull later on but even more on it.

As a bit of a casual follower, that is surely quite an interesting scenario regardless of who comes 16th of those two? The fuck has happened to Wolfsburg?

2 hours ago, Tanksie said:

It was close, but dinosaurs never die.*

Hamburger defeated Wolfsburg 2-1 in our final match of the season to put Wolfsburg in the relegation play off position.

*But actually they do

Let the evidence suggest that they do, in fact, not :D

Archived