MK Dons vs Exeter City
Morecambe vs Oldham Athletic
Newport County vs Grimsby Town
Tranmere Rovers vs Port Vale
Yeovil Town vs Stevenage

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn will probably be our cup of tea, playing fairly open and attacking football. Can see there being a few goals in this and with their promotion momentum behind them can see them causing problems.

A draw wouldn't be a bad result but I'd like to think we've got a squad now that should be taking 3 points away from places like this.

Tricky fixture with being away to Doncaster. Everytime I think of them that girl comes into my head that used to be active and was a Rovers fan....don't quite remember her name. Maybe Keely? 

Anyways, Doncaster are a strange club this year, with having probably the easiest first 4 fixtures that you could imagine, having really play no team yet that was predicted to be fighting for playoffs. 

Regardless, it's an away fixture and I know this winning streak will come to end someday, but I just can't see us dropping points this weekend. 

I think Pompey wins 3-0.  

My main concern for the game is two factors.

One being Swansea found a way to stifle us in the week. Will Norwich follow similar tactics from that game?

We looked like we struggled to dictate to the game because we had less space in midfield and Bielsa is not a coach who likes to deviate from his plan. If we struggle in this area, we simply have to work better at it than simply changing the system. Norwich may well look to copy Swansea's approach and it's obviously something we have to learn to combat.

The other being how we potentially line up defensively if we are missing Pontus Jansson as well as Liam Cooper?

This is what most worries me because for as good as we are going forward, we do gives teams opportunities and we ideally need players playing in their correct positions back there. Ayling and Berardi are full backs, not centre backs. That was evidently shown on Tuesday night. We will also lose a massive player in Ayling if we have to move him away from RB where he is defensively sound and offers a good attacking threat.

On the flipside, Norwich will be worried about what we can do. Roofe is on fire at the moment in front of goal, Saiz and Pablo Hernandez are always a threat, Alioski is complete hit or miss but has a good habit of chipping in with goals and we saw Bamford and Baker impress from the bench as decent options. 

Fully expect the obligatory Jordan Rhodes goal against us but at least Wes fucking Hoolihan won't be on the scoresheet again.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Eco said:

Tricky fixture with being away to Doncaster. Everytime I think of them that girl comes into my head that used to be active and was a Rovers fan....don't quite remember her name. Maybe Keely? 

Anyways, Doncaster are a strange club this year, with having probably the easiest first 4 fixtures that you could imagine, having really play no team yet that was predicted to be fighting for playoffs. 

Regardless, it's an away fixture and I know this winning streak will come to end someday, but I just can't see us dropping points this weekend. 

I think Pompey wins 3-0.  

Yeah it was Keeley. @Batardremembers her for different reasons...

Fancy goals today so it’ll probably be 0-0. Leeds have defensive injuries, we’ve been good going forward this season and shit in defence and Leeds have been scoring. Everything points to goals. Our captain and best defender Grant Hanley is also an injury doubt.

As I said yesterday we’ve been better than our points total suggests. Pukki, Rhodes and Hernandez are looking sharp. We just need to sort the defence out, Krul is growing in confidence and Lewis is back fit, we’ve thankfully fucked Husband off to fleetwood (lol).

3-2 Norwich. It might be a rare good atmosphere, normally is against Leeds. There’s been a bit of a ‘rivalry’ since we competed in league 1. I guess we all hate Leeds though. I’m at a weddding so missing it.

22 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Three games in London on Saturday that I’d have fancied going to in QPR - Wigan, Wimbledon - Sunderland and Charlton - Fleetwood if I wasn’t at Wembley. 

A shit weekend for Policing resources with Notting Hill Carnival too.

14 hours ago, Lucas said:

If ever a goal typified a Tony Pulis team, that was it. Classic 'get it in the mixer' stuff. 

Big win for the smoggie bastards that.

I think they'll both finish in a similar position after that. An even affair in the middle, both defences looked resolute but made the occasional wrong footing, and both teams missed good chances.

It's a shame Traore and Bamford left 'Boro as I reckon theyd be a shoe in for promotion. 

Marcus Forss in today replacing the suspended Neal Maupay. Forss is a Finish U19 international and has been quite highly rated within our B team. Managed to get on the scoresheet in our win against Southend in the Cup as well as link up play nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on today.

Bentley

Dalsgard - Konsa - Mepham - Barbet

Yennaris - Mokotjo

Benrahma - Sawyers - Watkins

Forss

Time to see what Benrahma can do with a start under his belt, has looked talented and threatening from the bench. Two generals in midfield there, anticipating a tough game.

On a side note, we're ranked #1 in xg this season, Blackburn #2. This will either be a 5-6 goal thriller or a boring 0-0 😂

What an awful start to the game. Totally getting outplayed. Doncaster is pressing and getting a couple of good chances. 

So far we haven't shown composure in the back, no patience in the midfield, and the forwards haven't gotten the ball. 

• The title was changed to 2018/19 Football League > 24th-26th August
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived