The better place to talk football.

Saturday 25th August - Wolves 1-1 Man City

football forum

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I will watch it later unless someone has it now??? 

A Bayern handball was ruled out with VAR last night and that was fairly accidental but ruled out none the less

<div style="width:100%;height:0px;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.327%;"><iframe src="https://streamja.com/embed/OGz7" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;"></iframe></div>

And if that mass of code doesn't work, see below:

https://streamja.com/OGz7

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

<div style="width:100%;height:0px;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.327%;"><iframe src="https://streamja.com/embed/OGz7" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;"></iframe></div>

And if that mass of code doesn't work, see below:

https://streamja.com/OGz7

Still hard to tell from that angle alone... looks like he got his head on it but unless we see from the reverse angle can't tell if he scored with hand or arm assistance as well as he was going down... 

Just now, Happy Blue said:

VAR should be a must in this day and age

Agree. The game is faster and more complex than ever. 

MLS isn't superior to the English league in ANY way but this. VAR is needed. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Still hard to tell from that angle alone... looks like he got his head on it but unless we see from the reverse angle can't tell if he scored with hand or arm assistance as well as he was going down... 

That angle is the only one I could find. I agree that it was impossible to spot in real time by the officials, even from other angles, but the replay showed conclusively that it was off his hand.

It is a tough one to call.. If they just kept the rule simple it would be applied to everyone no matter what and there would be no confusion and everyone would know where they stood.. If it comes off the arm or hand accidental or otherwise before going in the net then it's no goal, The rule could be applied and it's nice and clear for everyone... no moaning, no groaning just get on with the game... 

Where it all seems a bit harsh to have that rule and apply it might be in say a relegation or title decider and a player through no fault of his own gets hit by the ball on the elbow arm/hand really quickly and it deflects favorably and goes in...

You can only have one rule really if you want to prevent confusion... Then of course we wouldn't be talking about it and this place would shut down because everyone plays fair and by the rules and it's no fun anymore.. 

• Subscriber

Far better entertainment than I was hoping for from this game. And to think that people thought Wolves were going to get a master class in embarrassment. Also really shows that you can get something against City as well. This league truly is unpredictable. 

This puts reality back into the Premier League and leaves open avenues to explore for the rest of the division. Manchester City are going to concentrate massively on the Champions League this season which means it could make things interesting once the fixtures start coming in thick and fast.

• The title was changed to Saturday 25th August - Wolves 1-1 Man City
  • The topic was unpinned

I would have given the goal. Whilst it hit his hand there was no intention unless he did a diving header like a salmon. What a cross by Moutinho too.

That said, I would have given it for offside, and VAR would have ruled out the goal either way.

Manchester City getting the wake up call early they need. Not every game is going to be a formality and they'll have to be as sharp as last season to stave off Liverpool this season.

Archived