Bournemouth vs Everton
Huddersfield vs Cardiff
Southampton vs Leicester

Sunday 26th August, 2018
Fulham vs Burnley

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive got Arsenal down for a 3 - 1 win on my suoer 6 forecast so ill stick with that.

Got Everton down for a narrow 2 - 1 win as well. Think they'll just nick it.

Huddersfield v Cardiff I've got down as a 2 - 2.

Southampton v Leicester I've also got as draw at       1 - 1 (would have gone for a Leicester win had Vardy been playing). 

Reckon Fulham will take the points against Burnley. Gunna go for 2 - 1.

Big game for both Arsenal and West Ham, as daft as that sounds three games into a season . Neither seem to have the most emotionally stable of fanbases. 

Arsenal have been beaten by two good sides, one the best in the competition who are probably going to win the league at a canter and the other to a bit of unknown entity in Chelsea, whereas West Ham have lost to Liverpool at Anfield, a game they realistically can’t have expected anything from and Bournemouth, a game they’d probably have been looking for some points from. 

Unbelievably, some West Ham fans are bordering on turning on Pellegrini already. 

Can see a 2-0 Arsenal win here tbh. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Unbelievably, some West Ham fans are bordering on turning on Pellegrini already

Sounds pretty believable and consistent with their past behaviour to me xD.

Our game is winnable. A draw wouldn't be bad but a defeat would be very disappointing. Hopefully we can come through with 3 points.

Arsenal may have had a poor start but they showed flashes of being decent against Chelsea and West Ham are awful so to be honest I'd back them for a comfortable win and a few goals.

21 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

We were poor away to Bournemouth but looked the better team against Newcastle (bar shit final balls and chances). If we can just create chances that little bit better, we could get something at Huddersfield.

You looked pretty poor standard for a home team at this level mate :( 

7 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Looked better than we were at Bournemouth mind, which gives a small amount of optimism.

Nature of the bottom of this league is being dross away and surviving off home games though. Brighton won 2 games away last season, Huddersfield 3. When it came to home games Brighton were the 8th best side in the league, Newcastle 9th. The 4 that finished in the bottom 4 were the 4 worst home teams.

The main worry for your lot against us in my opinion is your inability to take the game to us when we went down to 10. We didn't have to sit back and ended up creating more chances and looking most likely to win it. 

• Subscriber

I'm in a similar camp to a lot of people on this one that the fixture is balanced somewhere at Leicester having probably the better side, but take away Vardy and there isn't a great deal in it. I've put 1-1 for that same reason.

I suppose really we're still learning what we're about. We've played some good football at times and some worrying at others.

It's a good test to see where we're at. Southampton never used to be an easy place to go but I've actually got them dropping this season. Their organisation seems to have almost vanished overnight and that they've ended up with that whinging "anyone's fault but me" twat as manager testifies that.

Big chance for Iheanacho this next three games. He looked good in pre-season and this might be the run that forces him as a more frequent starter in our side.

I expect it to be unchanged from the Wolves game unless he thinks to go a bit more defensively, drop Albrighton for Amartey and move the very impressive Ricardo back to the wing.

Puel's managed in this fixture in the last two seasons, and in both he won the game by three goals, albeit as manager of different teams.

Just need to get on the board here with a win, Ozil is apparently out again with illness which I hope isn't true. I really wouldn't change much, just Ramsey in for Ozil and Torreira to be in the team. Interesting to see what Emery does though, slowly but surely I think he is finding his favoured team. I would expect something along the lines of:

Cech

Bellerin - Mustafi - Sokratis - Monreal

Torreira - Xhaka/Guendouzi

Mkhitaryan - Ramsey - Iwobi

Aubameyang

I would like to see us drop one of the more defensive midfielders and put Ramsey alongside Torreira, Mkhi in the hole and maybe Welbeck on the right? I don't see a need for two holders against West Ham, but it is Emery's preferred style.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived