Other Matches - Saturday 25th - Sunday 26th August, 2018

football forum

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Waste of money. :ph34r:

Interesting to see what a particular Everton fan on here says about it after his opinion on Vardy's red last week... 

• Subscriber

Smith and Richarlison went forehead to forehead. Richarlison made a small "flick" movement which doesn't hurt Smith in the slightest but Smith turns around and immediately appeals to the referee. Richarlison red card, Smith not even a yellow. Stupid of Richarlison of course but another part of me that used to love football dies inside seeing how pathetic and cynical the sport has become.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Smith and Richarlison went forehead to forehead. Richarlison made a small "flick" movement which doesn't hurt Smith in the slightest but Smith turns around and immediately appeals to the referee. Richarlison red card, Smith not even a yellow. Stupid of Richarlison of course but another part of me that used to love football dies inside seeing how pathetic and cynical the sport has become.

Sounds like one of those 'why give the ref an opportunity' kind of things. 

Sometimes the ref will just have a strong word with both and that's that. Others go with the above and go for stricter action. Inconsistencies of the game and application of the laws... 

• Subscriber

https://streamja.com/wpQq

One of those where technically it's probably a red card but if the referee just gave a yellow Bournemouth might whinge for a few minutes then everyone would have forgotten about it by the start of the second half.

That behaviour from Smith disgusts me. Are there any players left that actually play football to compete? To prove that they're better than the other team? Or just to win by any means possible? Such cynical play, hope he's really proud of himself for suckering in a 21 year old with more talent in his big toe than he has to getting a red card.

Maybe I'm just being blinkered but how pathetic football is.

Aside from that we've been poor on the ball. Wilson should have scored for them but we are misplacing and failing to control countless simple passes which has stopped us from threatening in the final third. We'll do well to get a point out of this now.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I would be ashamed to show my face on the pitch for doing something like that.... players have no shame in how they try to gain advantages.. really poor

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sometimes the ref will just have a strong word with both and that's that.

Exactly but can't have the drama and the headlines without referees whipping out red cards for every gesture and slide tackle that could possibly be interpreted as violent conduct by some technicality in the rulebook somewhere.

I'd yank Guendouzi here shambolic. Drop Ramsey alongside Xhaka and put Mkhi in the hole and Welbeck on the right. Pointless having two DM's who aren't protecting anything.

Defending truly awful today, Sokratis has just added to the issues not solved any.

I could never play football these days when it's like that... If a player was prepared to do something like to me that I would be very tempted to make it well worth my while and lamp the fucker... I would probably get a lengthy ban for my troubles.. 

3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I'd yank Guendouzi here shambolic. Drop Ramsey alongside Xhaka and put Mkhi in the hole and Welbeck on the right. Pointless having two DM's who aren't protecting anything.

Defending truly awful today, Sokratis has just added to the issues not solved any.

Guendouzi spends to long on the ball as does Xhaka, its a terrible partnership.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived