talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Saturday 25th August - Liverpool 1-0 Brighton

football forum

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Liverpool have started well and they look like they're going to really challenge this season but Liverpool fans talking of the title being guaranteed are talking too early in my opinion.

Who's doing that?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Brighton did well. One mistake cost them a goal but Liverpool would have found their goal one way or another.

I don't think I'm being "bitter" saying this but the way people are going on about routine Allisson saves as if they're world class and justify his fee is a bit cringe. For example, the commentator on my stream saying that that save from Pascal Gross was worth three points on it's own. Nah mate, if that header finds its way into Liverpool's net it's one of the goalkeeping howlers of the early season I'm afraid. Good save but one that any average Premier League goalkeeper makes.

I agree about the saves but his all round play is miles better than the other two and they deserves to be picked up on. He did get away with one on the first half today but his all round play on the ball is so much better and will make us a better team

• The title was changed to Saturday 25th August - Liverpool 2-0 Brighton
  • The topic was unpinned

Another clean sheet :banana:

the improvement defensively from the early parts of last season is incredible really, Van dijk is brilliant and Alisson is looking very good so far. I'm just hoping we can get to around December without having a rough spell like the last couple of seasons we certainly have the personnel to avoid that now.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Liverpool have started well and they look like they're going to really challenge this season but Liverpool fans talking of the title being guaranteed are talking too early in my opinion.

Not one single person has said the title is guaranteed so stop making shit up u cunt.

Anyway, how's things pal? :D

25 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not one single person has said the title is guaranteed so stop making shit up u cunt.

Anyway, how's things pal? :D

Mad how people just makes things up like that. I've not come across anyone on here or elsewhere who thinks that

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Brighton played pretty well, we were just much better.

3 points and another clean sheet, good start to the season.

We were very rusty today. Missed so many passes and every attacking player looked to be lacking that energy they usually have. It's good we got away with the three points. 

Trent probably my man of the match. Milner and Andy up there also...

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Brighton did well. One mistake cost them a goal but Liverpool would have found their goal one way or another.

I don't think I'm being "bitter" saying this but the way people are going on about routine Allisson saves as if they're world class and justify his fee is a bit cringe. For example, the commentator on my stream saying that that save from Pascal Gross was worth three points on it's own. Nah mate, if that header finds its way into Liverpool's net it's one of the goalkeeping howlers of the early season I'm afraid. Good save but one that any average Premier League goalkeeper makes.

agreed. There is disproportionate fawn going on. But he does exude calm and composure and has been good in his judgement from what I've seen. Think that is rubbing off on the defence too and the reward is 3 clean sheets...

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Wasn't great that but we did enough in the end. I could watch this all day

He can't do that too often or he'll get figured out. A reputation to favor the nutmeg over the clearing kick will be easily dealt with and can undermine confidence. 

3 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Another clean sheet :banana:

the improvement defensively from the early parts of last season is incredible really, Van dijk is brilliant and Alisson is looking very good so far. I'm just hoping we can get to around December without having a rough spell like the last couple of seasons we certainly have the personnel to avoid that now.

yep i would expect this same game  last year to have been a 1-1. The defensive improvement gives me more confidence that we'll be more consistent in getting those results against the 15-20 ranked teams that we've historically always dropped points against... essential if we're to make city work for their title win...

2 hours ago, Harry said:

He can't do that too often or he'll get figured out. A reputation to favor the nutmeg over the clearing kick will be easily dealt with and can undermine confidence. 

The other keepers can't just keep hoofing it aimlessly or they'll get figured out. Oh I forgot, we've already been there...

There was no nutmeg there anyway

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Was i the only one that thought we missed coutinho a bit last night?

Yeah. Coutinho played in plenty of games where we failed to break the opposition down and ended up drawing. We won and that's all that matters

13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Brighton played pretty well, we were just much better.

3 points and another clean sheet, good start to the season.

hope this will continue till the end of the season.     liverpool should dethrone that twat Pep's team.

4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

It is actually pretty surprising that Liverpool shiteness in close games vs underdogs really was just down to not having a reliable goalie and central defence.

Honestly didn’t expect the improvement to be so straightforward.

Too early to be sure about it as its all different shades of grey.

But considering we attack like a top 2 team, it stands to reason that adding quality players to the defensive positions will result in some improvement.... Whether we still come up exposed in those games where we attack a lot more forcefully (i.e learn that Klopp football is just not that solid at the back) we’ll find out soon enough.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool actually did pretty well against the lesser sides last season didn't they? They'll want to pick up more points against the 7-8 this time round.

It's not that they lost many but last season they were leaking goals in games you might have expected them to win... 3-3 against Watford and 1-1 against Burnley & 1-1 against Newcastle for example... This time round they look far more solid and organised and less likely to leak those types of goals that cost them points against sides that at least on paper they should be getting the better of.. Against Watford and Newcastle for instance they threw away points from a winning position... 

Still a long way to go and lot's of games and competitions to play in yet but playing at a level lower than you are capable of and still getting all 3 points is a good sign.. 

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool actually did pretty well against the lesser sides last season didn't they? They'll want to pick up more points against the 7-8 this time round.

Yeah we were much better against those sorts of sides last season. Although two wins from six against the relegated clubs wasn't great. Certainly need to improve against the top 8 this season though.

What were Brighton doing for that Salah goal.

I thought Brighton got better as the game went on but I think Liverpool winning by the one goal was well deserved.

On a side note, what a difference Alisson is going to make. Second week in a row he's plucked out great saves when needed. This was exactly the type of game they would have lost last season.

Archived