• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Ecopompey in the final. I think I remember you saying you liked them

Yes! Haven't been able to catch up as is so expensive to get their matches live here in the US. Regardless, i did hear about this and hope they get Bristol Rovers. 

football forum

A lot of fans are boycotting although it will be interesting to see how many will actually go on the day. It would be nice to see Portsmouth win a trophy again, even if it is this cup. 

I was and in some ways, still am an advocate of clubs taking this seriously before the U23 teams joined, especially some of the bigger League One clubs as it’s a more than realistic chance of silverware and a cup final appearance, so it’s quite pleasing to see the two biggest names in the lower leagues, Portsmouth and Sunderland, in the final of this. 

Should be a very well attended game and on the face of it, a quality match between two of the best sides in the lower leagues. 

• 3 weeks later...

Pompey the better team overall, so ultimately deserved winners of the competition. 

The first half was all Sunderland though there were a couple of moments Pompey looked dangerous and managed to hit the post with one chance. The second half and then extra time was all Portsmouth and I think taking off Grigg was a bad move by Jack Ross. 

Enjoyable game of Football and two huge clubs, it’s what that tournament should be about rather than the drama it is because of the inclusion of ‘B’ teams. 

Congratulations Pompey. 

4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Pompey the better team overall, so ultimately deserved winners of the competition. 

The first half was all Sunderland though there were a couple of moments Pompey looked dangerous and managed to hit the post with one chance. The second half and then extra time was all Portsmouth and I think taking off Grigg was a bad move by Jack Ross. 

Enjoyable game of Football and two huge clubs, it’s what that tournament should be about rather than the drama it is because of the inclusion of ‘B’ teams. 

Congratulations Pompey. 

I was a bit gutted sky had the rights to this wanted to watch it

Archived