Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

EFL Trophy

That is pathetic.

Fake news.

Tickets actually start from £24. 

They were that expensive when I went against Carlisle, ridiculous pricing.

Bristol Rovers v Sunderland on Sky Sports now. An alright match so far. Both teams had some decent chances.

Should be an alright final too. It's still a 'nothing' cup but silverware is silverware.

I was and in some ways, still am an advocate of clubs taking this seriously before the U23 teams joined, especially some of the bigger League One clubs as it’s a more than realistic chance of silverware and a cup final appearance, so it’s quite pleasing to see the two biggest names in the lower leagues, Portsmouth and Sunderland, in the final of this. 

Should be a very well attended game and on the face of it, a quality match between two of the best sides in the lower leagues. 

Pompey are closing in on sales of 29,000 tickets for the Checkatrade Trophy final against Sunderland.

:congrats:

And it's final. 

Pompey win 5-4 in PKs after playing 120 minutes drawing at 2-2. 

Congrats to Pompey!

Pompey the better team overall, so ultimately deserved winners of the competition. 

The first half was all Sunderland though there were a couple of moments Pompey looked dangerous and managed to hit the post with one chance. The second half and then extra time was all Portsmouth and I think taking off Grigg was a bad move by Jack Ross. 

Enjoyable game of Football and two huge clubs, it’s what that tournament should be about rather than the drama it is because of the inclusion of ‘B’ teams. 

Congratulations Pompey. 

4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Pompey the better team overall, so ultimately deserved winners of the competition. 

The first half was all Sunderland though there were a couple of moments Pompey looked dangerous and managed to hit the post with one chance. The second half and then extra time was all Portsmouth and I think taking off Grigg was a bad move by Jack Ross. 

Enjoyable game of Football and two huge clubs, it’s what that tournament should be about rather than the drama it is because of the inclusion of ‘B’ teams. 

Congratulations Pompey. 

I was a bit gutted sky had the rights to this wanted to watch it

5 hours ago, Eco said:

And it's final. 

Pompey win 5-4 in PKs after playing 120 minutes drawing at 2-2. 

Congrats to Pompey!

Did you watch the game?

45 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Did you watch the game?

Haha no. I like Pompey, but can't watch them. With watching the MLS, Serie A, and Bundesliga mostly, I dont even really keep up with them all that much.

Portsmouth were the better team after half time and then throughout extra time just looked the more deserving. Credit to McGeady for keeping Sunderland in it. The shootout wasn't a bad one either and Cattermole was unlucky not to have put his penalty away as it was a decent save by the keeper. If anything, it makes good watching for the second series of Sunderland Till I Die on Netflix if Sunderland then go on to get the promotion. 

Sunderland v Grimsby the highlight of tonight’s games for me obviously!

Sunderland having just got rid of their manager hours ago and looking like playing a youth side versus Grimsby who have a couple of youngsters on the bench but a fairly typical XI for us.