talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 26th August - Watford 2-1 Crystal Palace

football forum

1 hour ago, SchalkeUK said:

Not good thinking leaving it to 74 minutes again before coming on - no time to adjust to the PL speed above the \BL, but just enough to show what is possible - com on Roy, use him properly.

He's not match fit. He's had no training during the summer to get fit. He will start when he's fit.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel we have been unlucky to have three points after three games. Apart from the first 15-20 minutes of the second half I felt our overall play was very good. Unfortunately over the course of the season we will play teams that score goals like Watford did.

I don't think anybody would have any complaints if we took a point today. In fact if we played another five minutes I reckon we would have scored a goal. That miss from Joel Ward where I was looked criminal.

As for Watford, I hate playing these shit rag teams that are clogging up this league with their dirty stomping studded tackles and getting away with it because the refs are utterly incompetent. I counted five stomps in the first ten minutes. It just strengthens my opinion that we need to attract the best refs from overseas to replace the mediocre bunch we have.

All the attention will be '3 in 3 for Watford' now which should work in everybody else's favour. It's really not highlighting the fact they are a very limited side that will run out of steam in the second half of the season for the fourth season running because they cannot get away with their style of play for 38 games.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Last season they Won 1, Drew 2, and lost 1 of their first 4 matches... 

The season before that they Drew 1 and then Lost 3 of their first 4

So no mate... they don't xD

Not true that after looking it up. After 8 games last season they were 4th. After 4 they'd won 2 and drawn 2. Year before they were 7th after 10 games which again is a pretty strong start. Even in 2015/16 they were 7th after 18 games.

They always seem to have a better first half of the season than second. It's actually as much finishing badly as anything.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Not true that after looking it up. After 8 games last season they were 4th. After 4 they'd won 2 and drawn 2. Year before they were 7th after 10 games which again is a pretty strong start. Even in 2015/16 they were 7th after 18 games.

They always seem to have a better first half of the season than second. It's actually as much finishing badly as anything.

Well it is true after 4 games.... You have just extended it by another 4 

Actually one of those results was the League Cup so that doesn't count... :ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Well it is true after 4 games.... You have just extended it by another 4 

Look what I put afterwards. Their first four games they got eight points. I don't know where you've gotten one win, two draws and a loss from. They won two (Southampton & Bournemouth away) and drew two (Liverpool & Brighton at home).

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Look what I put afterwards. Their first four games they got eight points. I don't know where you've gotten one win, two draws and a loss from. They won two (Southampton & Bournemouth away) and drew two (Liverpool & Brighton at home).

See post above mate... In the League it was D,W,D,W

• Subscriber

I see they also had a run of one win, one draw and seven defeats in a nine game period. No prizes for guessing their one win.

Did not realise they hadn't won away since late November until last week.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I will be honest.. I don't find myself following Watford to such a degree... xD

Archived