Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Sunday 26th August - Newcastle 1-2 Chelsea


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sign up to remove this ad.

Head to head update at St James Park.

2012-13 / Newcastle vs Chelsea 3-2

2013-14/ Newcastle vs Chelsea 2-0

2014-15/ Newcastle vs Chelsea 2-1

2015-16/ Newcastle vs Chelsea 2-2

2017-18/ Newcastle vs Chelsea 3-0

Four defeats and a draw in the last five, however the first time we could actually attack and not sit back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, True Blue said:

Head to head update at St James Park.

2012-13 / Newcastle vs Chelsea 3-2

2013-14/ Newcastle vs Chelsea 2-0

2014-15/ Newcastle vs Chelsea 2-1

2015-16/ Newcastle vs Chelsea 2-2

2017-18/ Newcastle vs Chelsea 3-0

Four defeats and a draw in the last five, however the first time we could actually attack and not sit back.

Pretty dire reading considering the mid to lower table existence that Newcastle seemed to have settled for.... Bogey team or not we need to be winning this.. I fully expect Toons to score against us, that may be inevitable and they will probably score first just so we all get to roll our eyes and sigh.. "typical"

I then expect us to take the game by the scruff of the neck and brush them aside.... Defeat is not an option! 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

Do you keep changing your manager to try and get a win here :ph34r:

Best time to place us is now. Will take us time to find a solid 11 with form. Took half a season last time.

That makes bugger all difference... xD

Sarri ball will be your undoing this time.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That makes bugger all difference... xD

Sarri ball will be your undoing this time.... 

Not true. We beat all the top teams at home once we got going last season but couldn't beat the one's we played early doors. Same with all our home form, improved dramatically 2nd half.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

Not true. We beat all the top teams at home once we got going last season but couldn't beat the one's we played early doors. Same with all our home form, improved dramatically 2nd half.

Oh really, that's what you are going with is it... 

Well for your information... 

25th August 1948 2-2 draw 

Conveniently Ignores from 25th Sep 1954 - 3rd Nov 1962 ( where we went on a run of 14 wins and 3 draws ) Cup and League :ph34r:

23rd August 1967 1-1 draw

30th August 1967 we lost 5-1

21st August 1968 we lost 3-2

22nd August 1988 1-1 draw

19th August 2001 1-1 draw

25th August 2012 we actually beat you 2-0 ( Hazard & Torres ) 

I can't speak for other teams but think it would be fair to say that history for you lot against us in early August seems to be fairly good for you regardless of what you are saying... 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Oh really, that's what you are going with is it... 

Well for your information... 

25th August 1948 2-2 draw 

Conveniently Ignores from 25th Sep 1954 - 3rd Nov 1962 ( where we went on a run of 14 wins and 3 draws ) Cup and League :ph34r:

23rd August 1967 1-1 draw

30th August 1967 we lost 5-1

21st August 1968 we lost 3-2

22nd August 1988 1-1 draw

19th August 2001 1-1 draw

25th August 2012 we actually beat you 2-0 ( Hazard & Torres ) 

I can't speak for other teams but think it would be fair to say that history for you lot against us in early August seems to be fairly good for you regardless of what you are saying... 

 

 

 

There's no reason other than pure coincidence that a team from the 60s might have the same results as a team from any other era. I'm talking about us under Rafa. Even in the Championship we got beat a couple of times at home early doors. Rafa's methods take time to materialise. 

Imo everyone should be able to beat the top sides at home, we are just more likely to do that under Rafa in the 2nd half of the season when we've had more time to tactically cope with this teams weaknesses. We've just started this season with Joselu upfront xD In our last game at Cardiff our starting 11 was worse than what ended last season. We've got flaws and a lot of work to do, not as much as we had at the start of last season, but it should be easier to play us now than in March (barring anything disastrous going wrong in the season). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

There's no reason other than pure coincidence that a team from the 60s might have the same results as a team from any other era. I'm talking about us under Rafa. Even in the Championship we got beat a couple of times at home early doors. Rafa's methods take time to materialise. 

Imo everyone should be able to beat the top sides at home, we are just more likely to do that under Rafa in the 2nd half of the season when we've had more time to tactically cope with this teams weaknesses. We've just started this season with Joselu upfront xD In our last game at Cardiff our starting 11 was worse than what ended last season. We've got flaws and a lot of work to do, not as much as we had at the start of last season, but it should be easier to play us now than in March (barring anything disastrous going wrong in the season). 

To be honest despite our frailties at the back against Arsenal I would expect us to be able to beat you this time round... Looking back on last season we had a few games where we got turned over by teams that in theory we should have had the better of so I don't take anything for granted and especially when we have such a poor record against you.. Got to go for the positives in this, we are playing well going forward and taking our chances thus far.. I think we will concede at some point but if we start the game the same way we did against Arsenal I am not sure you will have the ability to come back from it if you go a couple behind.. 

Well.. here's hoping.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Going to the game today Harvz?? 

Suppose you will be wearing your under sized shirt, you know, the one one that lets your belly flop out on show, that's if you even bother wearing one at all that is... 

xDI'll be there. Will you and your granddaughter be there

2cb20d44156de672db0a62238247fed5.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Sunday 26th August - Newcastle 1-2 Chelsea
  • The topic was unpinned

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...