talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 26th August - Newcastle 1-2 Chelsea

football forum

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

You could tell way before the team sheets were announced that Rafa was going to do this. He needs to set up to be defensive against this Chelsea side, but the extent to which he's done it is a clear as day "look at what I have to do because I can't sign any players" middle finger to the ownership. While the approach will rightly have pissed off the fans there's some sympathy in the long run that it was really another dig at the ownership. The last thing you want is Rafa becoming a yes man to Mike Ashley (which he never will) and obviously there are better ways of making his point than setting up like that today but ultimately today's result isn't what will define Newcastle's season.

Whilst 1 game doesn't, these games do still count. West Ham would have finished bottom of the league last year if not for their results against the top sides. We are 4 points worse off than in the equivalent fixtures from last year.

We've got Man City away next which is why I suspect yesterday was almost a guinea pig for that. 

Then Arsenal at home, Palace away, Leicester at home and Man Utd away.

We cant afford to be missing 95th minute penalties and playing for 0-0 draws at home. It will all pile up and in a month or twos time we will be desperate for points.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Disgraceful tactics. Absolute disgrace. Would love to hear what the fuck the thinking behind that was. We beat this lot 3-0 a few months ago, we had a half decent effort against Spurs so wtf are we setting up like Andorra for? At home ffs.

Horrible approach to the game. Absolutely rank.

Yes, it was a bizarre game and an awful approach from your lot. Was expecting us to be under a lot of pressure for periods in the game which has been the case for us at your place in recent years.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived